Advanced Cash on Delivery

Advanced Cash on Delivery

by Shopify

Control how buyers use COD on your store (India only)

TekkiTake

As per the App to work properly , the Cash On delivery (COD) from the Manual settings need to be disabled and a new Cash on Delivery (COD) from Alternate Payments. We were able to disable the COD from manual payments. However , there is no COD in Alternate Payments for us to enable the new one. So customer still see COD as an option in the next page , even after they select Prepaid

BeAbhika.com

The app says it has better flow and we should deactivate Manual COD option and activate COD in alternative payment option. But there is no option in alternate payment methods for COD! We are still waiting for selective product selection for COD as well. The video link which is being shared in many other reviews is also not working!

Coral

I've been using this app since 2016 with no issues but recently I deactivated it for a week because I was accepting only prepaid payments for that period. Now I want to reactivate it again so I went to the app but there's no "Reactivate' button (there was a 'Deactivate' button when I deactivated it a week ago) and there's a highlighted message, "Cash on Delivery has not been activated. You should activate the new Cash on Delivery payment method to make it available to your customers on checkout. You can reactivate it by choosing 'Cash on Delivery' from your 'Alternative payments' settings.'" So I went to 'Alternative payments' settings but there's no 'Cash on Delivery' option. At this point, I contacted support (this app is Shopify-owned) and they emailed back with step by step instructions to activate 'Cash on Delivery' in manual payment settings. I explained with screenshots that I want to activate 'Advanced Cash on Delivery for India' app and not the 'Cash on Delivery' in manual payment settings as those are two different things—the former comes with features like Cash on Delivery availability checker, Order subtotal limit and Postal codes which the latter does not have.
Support replied back, "Those steps I provided you will allow this to be activated, even though in the Payment providers settings there isn't the option for the specific app, activating the payment option using "Cash on delivery (COD)" will allow the app to work on your store."
Even though I clearly remember this wasn't so when I first got the app back in 2016, I followed her instructions thinking maybe they changed the activation process. After I activated 'Cash on Delivery' in manual payment settings, I went to 'Advanced Cash on Delivery for India' app and there's a highlighted message, "Deactivate existing ‘Cash on Delivery (COD)’. You should deactivate the existing ‘Cash on Delivery (COD)’ manual payment method which is currently enabled in your payment settings." Below it, another highlighted message, "Cash on Delivery has not been activated. You should activate the new Cash on Delivery payment method to make it available to your customers on checkout. You can reactivate it by choosing 'Cash on Delivery' from your 'Alternative payments' settings."
It's really frustrating because I need this app to be up and working like before but support is unhelpful and has no idea how this app even works. Shopify is unnecessarily overcomplicating such a simple thing. Please fix it.

Wowhood

I have only 1 issue. When the customer does not check out with the COD option why the hell COD is being shown as payment gateway. I lose more than 100~ customers each day. I think i might have to not use Shopify because of this app.

Hi, Vidhi here from the Shopify India team
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We hear your concern, in our recent update we’ve improved the checkout experience of ACOD.
a)Once COD is chosen, the customer is not shown any other payment mode of checkout completion
b)To choose another payment mode, the customer will need to go back to ‘shipping’ and select ‘prepaid’

Manjubaa

Shopify really messed up with this plugin. Cash on Delivery is not a shipping service but a payment solution. We can't charge cash on delivery orders due to bug in this app.
For example, I am charging $1 for cash on delivery service as additional fees. Shopify will display shipping option as COD with $1 but if customer select standard, he will be able to still pay using COD without paying $1.

Moreover, Why would one display payment option if user selected COD in the first place at shipping. COD = Shipping + Payment Gateway.

I hope someone at shopify will look at this,

Unimakers

I use this app for making additional COD charges. But, customers who choosing other option in shipping page and while checkout they can choose COD without any charges. APP totally waste.

Cynosure Sports

What a nuisance, customer can choose COD payment method after choosing non COD shipping method, makes it pointless to create an option of COD shipping with extra charge

Hi, Vidhi here from the Shopify team

paachyy

ThePeppyStore

Its free but shopify charges 2% on every checkout. Now if the order is cancelled or comes return you still have to bare 2% which is very expensive.

Life Duds

useless app, I tried lots of time but not responding, neither uploading the CSV file. useless app itself

Previous 1 3 4 5