Advanced Cash on Delivery

Advanced Cash on Delivery

by Shopify

Control how buyers use COD on your store (India only)

Tiger Marron

We have installed the app Advanced Cash on Delivery but the same is not working properly. Currently, the COD option is missing from the checkout window.

Boss Lady Official

Trying to limit COD on specific pin-codes but CSV file not working. Could shopify give us solution to it?

Mamaste

I downloaded the app after reading that Shopify has fixed the COD payment issue in checkout. However, i can still see that option oafter Prepaid is selected in Shipping method.

FarmMate.in

Trying to limit COD on specific pincodes but csv file not uploading . also I want to provide cash on delivery for few products only. I hope shopify adds this much needed feature soon.

GOGIRGIT.COM

This is a rubbish app. It works good at times and fails often. Don't install this and waste your valuable sales. Even after sending mails twice to shopify team they don't respond.

YoVibe

this app is useless i contact shopify many times to solve my problem like i want to limit cash on delivery for some products but there is no option for that just wow useless app

Fsocietyclub

I integrated it on the website, but now when I am checking out as cod- https://cod.shopifyapps.com/payment this domain opens up and then there is this error- "The page you were looking for could not be found.
Please make sure the web address is correct." and the order doesn't get placed.. what is this issue?

Coral

I've been using this app since 2016 with no issues but recently I deactivated it for a week because I was accepting only prepaid payments for that period. Now I want to reactivate it again so I went to the app but there's no "Reactivate' button (there was a 'Deactivate' button when I deactivated it a week ago) and there's a highlighted message, "Cash on Delivery has not been activated. You should activate the new Cash on Delivery payment method to make it available to your customers on checkout. You can reactivate it by choosing 'Cash on Delivery' from your 'Alternative payments' settings.'" So I went to 'Alternative payments' settings but there's no 'Cash on Delivery' option. At this point, I contacted support (this app is Shopify-owned) and they emailed back with step by step instructions to activate 'Cash on Delivery' in manual payment settings. I explained with screenshots that I want to activate 'Advanced Cash on Delivery for India' app and not the 'Cash on Delivery' in manual payment settings as those are two different things—the former comes with features like Cash on Delivery availability checker, Order subtotal limit and Postal codes which the latter does not have.
Support replied back, "Those steps I provided you will allow this to be activated, even though in the Payment providers settings there isn't the option for the specific app, activating the payment option using "Cash on delivery (COD)" will allow the app to work on your store."
Even though I clearly remember this wasn't so when I first got the app back in 2016, I followed her instructions thinking maybe they changed the activation process. After I activated 'Cash on Delivery' in manual payment settings, I went to 'Advanced Cash on Delivery for India' app and there's a highlighted message, "Deactivate existing ‘Cash on Delivery (COD)’. You should deactivate the existing ‘Cash on Delivery (COD)’ manual payment method which is currently enabled in your payment settings." Below it, another highlighted message, "Cash on Delivery has not been activated. You should activate the new Cash on Delivery payment method to make it available to your customers on checkout. You can reactivate it by choosing 'Cash on Delivery' from your 'Alternative payments' settings."
It's really frustrating because I need this app to be up and working like before but support is unhelpful and has no idea how this app even works. Shopify is unnecessarily overcomplicating such a simple thing. Please fix it.

Wowhood

I have only 1 issue. When the customer does not check out with the COD option why the hell COD is being shown as payment gateway. I lose more than 100~ customers each day. I think i might have to not use Shopify because of this app.

November 12, 2020

Hi, Vidhi here from the Shopify India team
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We hear your concern, in our recent update we’ve improved the checkout experience of ACOD.
a)Once COD is chosen, the customer is not shown any other payment mode of checkout completion
b)To choose another payment mode, the customer will need to go back to ‘shipping’ and select ‘prepaid’
You can see the updated flow in this video-https://bit.ly/32EicX0
Best
Vidhi

Manjubaa

Shopify really messed up with this plugin. Cash on Delivery is not a shipping service but a payment solution. We can't charge cash on delivery orders due to bug in this app.
For example, I am charging $1 for cash on delivery service as additional fees. Shopify will display shipping option as COD with $1 but if customer select standard, he will be able to still pay using COD without paying $1.

Moreover, Why would one display payment option if user selected COD in the first place at shipping. COD = Shipping + Payment Gateway.

I hope someone at shopify will look at this,

November 12, 2020