Advanced Product Options

Advanced Product Options

by Mageworx

Create unlimited product options & variants options

Paradise Arcade Shop

Spent HOURS working on getting this set up. Spoke with the company before installing and setting up, Had conversations about what we were doing. We wanted to have a product that allowed users to pick the color of buttons, but because the buttons were separate stock items, when used within this product they needed to also come out of stock. The only issue is, when you insert the product, using their variants, which was TERRIBLY documented, it charges the customer for any increase in bundle price you specify within the bundle, and.... charges them for each individual product in the bundle separately. So it effectively double charges them. This has caused HUGE headaches and understanding the damage this has done to our customer base seems to ellude this company. I would say, go find other solutions, whether bundling or choosing options, there are better rated apps. I was willing to forgo the original documentation issues, but the support is middle of the night as well so it's delayed every time you ask a question as well.

April 28, 2021

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to hear the app didn't work for your needs.

The 'Advanced Product Options' app is not a bundling app at its core.
It's aimed to allow clients a possibility to add an unlimited number of options (properties) and overcome the Shopify 3 options/100 variants limitation.

We've never stated this app is designed for bundle creation. Please point us where you read that and we'll correct the description to avoid further confusion.

We believe you should look for specialized 'bundling' apps that are designed to generate bundles, not the apps that are supposed to add properties to a product.

Have a great day!

Premier Table Linens

I've been waiting 2 months for the app to fix an issue, they just stopped replying to my emails!!!!. This app is not compatible with Shopify shipping profiles and is NOT compatible with any tier pricing app, we can't do any volume discount with this app installed. they haven't provided any solution to this problem, they are just waiting to release their app update since 2 months ago. After reading the reviews I saw that another user reported this same issue back in September 2020. so there it goes the quality of their support!! Update: They told me that the new version was going to be released during the month of April. Today is April 22 and nothing yet.

April 6, 2021

Thank you for your feedback.

We are doing our best to release the update as soon as possible.
But the app itself is complex and resources-intensive, we need time to test it all the way around and make sure the new version is not buggy.

As I told you before, this is not a regular app update, we re-developed the app starting from the working principle and ending up with the backend UI.

We started to plan the new version long ago. First, we collected feedback and were considering new features and improvements and the way to implement them the most efficient way.
Then, there was a development stage.
Now we are finishing testing it and getting prepared for release.

We are truly sorry for the delays but we need to make sure we release a stable product that functions as expected.

The new app will be launched during the month of April.

In case of any questions please let us know.

Roarcraft

This app clones the all of listing variations and you get hundreds of copies. So messy. It can not be used with with spesific product discount. And its very hard to use eg. Facebook marketing because of copied listings. Instagram-Facebook shop feature is useless too...
UPDATE: Newer version is still not avaliable. Few weeks, few months... It almost a year :) Cloned products are still a nightmare. No solution for this.

February 23, 2021

Thank you for your feedback.

We do understand your concerns and sorry for the app turned out to be too complicated.

Our team is working on a new update for this app, which will significantly improve the approach of how the options are added to the products. We will get rid of these cloned products and will use the Shopify Variants functionality to add the options. The final product variant will be dynamically generated to reflect all chosen options. It will make all native Shopify features work correctly.

Please feel free to try the app in a few weeks after this new version is launched.

Thank you.

Uplift Active

Horrible experience with this app. We spent countless hours and lots of money installing and setting up hundreds of variant options, only to discover a critical feature limitation. You cannot use any discount codes with this app except for storewide codes. Want to run a sale on just one product, or one collection? Can't do it. This is a dealbreaker and we had to abandon the project after so much time and money. Also, the way the app functions, it creates a new product anytime someone purchases a new variant combination. This means managing the back end of your store will become very messy and cumbersome as you will have hundreds of "placeholder" products generated by the app. No help or refund from the developper for this, even though we are not able to use the app in our store. The discount code limitation should be clearly disclosed, as it is a critical function for many stores. The variant options LOOK nice, but the the feature limitations make it unusable.

February 8, 2021

Hello,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience you've faced with.

Unfortunately, the current app working principle doesn't allow us to fix this issue on the spot. That's why we decided to reconfigure the app. It will no longer generate custom temporary products/clones and all the native Shopify features will work properly.

But since this is not a regular app update, but a massive UI reconfiguration, the development process takes time. We constantly face new challenges while striving to make the app function perfectly. That's why delays in release happen.

Please feel free to reach out to us directly to discuss the ways we could solve the conflict.

Have a great day!

Titus Jewels

Could have been really wonderful extension. But two major issues we had after using this for almost a year: 1) made our website extremely slow, a lot of orders with issues, because of the loading issue 2) doesn't work with some major apps. I hate to uninstall this, but we couldn't take risk more. Thanks still!

November 9, 2020

Hello,

Thank you for posting your feedback.

We are sorry the app turned out to be not good enough for you after a year of usage but a little disappointed by the fact it deserves 1 star only.

Anyway, we value your opinion and hope you'll find another solution that would fit your needs perfectly.

Have a great day.

CARRON PARIS

This app does its work, the customer service is nice BUT this app will screw one Shopify basic functionality: Smart Collections, if you use them, they won't work anymore, pages will be broken. What a surprise for a $14.99 app. Customer service is telling me for months to wait for the big new update that is never coming, that "development takes time". I can understand that development takes time but when you charge an app $15/m, imo, it should be perfect and not screw shops. I also want to say that I don't necessarily like leaving bad reviews but they left no choice there, I've been more than patient and no real solutions have been brought to me to resolve a problem (except being all the time checking on my store and deleting products created by the app..) that is currently making me lose money. So now I guess I'll have to pay another app to handle collections differently.. great..

November 6, 2020

Hello,

We’re sorry to hear of your less-than-satisfactory experience with the app and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies.

We do understand that the fact the app generates cloned product is a drawback of our app and that's why are working hard on its improvement.
The update itself is almost ready. But we should also develop a migration tool that will allow us to move all our existing clients to the new version.
The app will change a lot, it will have a new interface along with new features and new working principle.

We are sorry that the collection issue is crucial for you and you can't wait anymore.

In case of any questions please let us know.

BRETT LAUREN

I'm fascinated by the reviews for great service as I've just sent my 3rd request begging for help. I'm completely stumped by the setup and have been told twice now to look at the tutorials and that they can't help me. Looks like I'll be deleting it...

June 18, 2020

Hello,

Thank you for posting a review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We've received a ticket from you along with this review and would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further within it.

Have a great day.

Medicus Scrub Caps

This app frequently breaks and doesn't charge people for extras, even after they installed it for me

thelittleflower

Worst app there are too many glitches. You have to ask everything to support team and they say no every time. So please be care-full before using it.

February 14, 2020

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Your opinion is very important to us. Sorry you had any problems with our app. We reviewed your support tickets and the recent chat logs. It seems that your recent requests were related to the “Is One-time” feature and the way it worked.

We will definitely consider adding this improvement in the upcoming app update, which is being developed by our team now.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you for choosing MageWorx solutions!

Have a wonderful day.

meeting-signs

Support went from being friendly and good to terrible trying to fix my issues. My main navigation started to change with duplicate (clone) items, a mystery field was added to all products that used their app called "Default Title".

Product options in cart are very unintuitive, just show up as a string of text, and don't list pricing.

In the end I was basically told to figure it out. Very displeased with the experience and would not recommend using this app.

Previous 1