Advanced Product Options

Advanced Product Options

From $4.99/month. 14-day free trial.
Rating (4.6)
Developer
Mageworx
4.6
November 7, 2022

Not working as well as there is don't have any good support..
I try to contact support from 1week and they are unable to provide a solution.
as well as buy this app

Valencia Theater Seating Mexico
Time spent using app: 21 days
July 6, 2022

Causes us so many issues, creates an additional sku every time which messes up the back end with thousands of products showing. The item does not show in the checkout so customers are constantly on the phone asking if the item has been added or not. Just causes a complete mess to your skus.

Equip2clean
Time spent using app: 12 months
Mageworx replied July 6, 2022

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are truly sorry you faced difficulties while using the app.

As you may know, Shopify doesn’t allow third-party apps to change original products’ prices at the checkout without using the standard variants or cloning the product.
So to make it possible to pass the selected options to the Checkout, the app generates a custom product variant for each unique combination of options added to the cart.
But the trick here is that we don’t create duplicate variants. If a variant with the same options already exists, we reuse that variant, instead of creating a new one.

As for the Checkout issue, you may address us at apps@mageworx.com and our support team will check it.

We've reviewed your previous tickets submitted several months ago, there were incompatibility issues with the third-party drawer.
Unfortunately, no app provider can guarantee compatibility with external plugins.

Thank you.

February 24, 2022

Started this app at $8.99 and found out I was paying $14.99 not sure how that happened. But that's not even the worst part of this app. The way they clone your apps makes your store look crazy and disorganized. Shoppers can click on a products and it'll bring them to a 404 page because that product is duplicated only for pricing. I had to take down my wholesale store and fix the codes because everything was a mess. Save yourself the time and headache until they fix the price-add on feature.

Leyla Luxe Collection - Wholesale
Time spent using app: 3 months
Mageworx replied February 25, 2022

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

As we can see, you still have the app installed but can’t find any tickets within our support system submitted in regards to the concerns listed here within this review.

We offer lifetime technical support and are always available to assist if you face any difficulties.

Please kindly consider creating a support request via the form or contact us directly via the app@mageworx.com email. We’ll do our best to provide you with detailed info and fix all the issues you’ve faced with.

Thank you in advance.

Edited November 1, 2021

I like the IDEA of this app, but it is constantly creating issues in my shop;
-Printed the option code language on my packing slips
-Created duplicate products
-Stops discount codes from working
-Some items in collection were not displaying due to this app changing code in my theme. Took shopify support about an hour to fix it. This caused me to LOSE sales over the weekend since the items were part of a BOGO sale. -This app changed code in my theme which was a mess to get out and reverse. Today I decided I've had enough. Looking for another option.

L.A. Minerals
Time spent using app: About 2 months
Edited August 17, 2021

Time wasted can never be regained. Especially for a small business owner like myself. I sell footwear, which my customer have to pre-order. I recently wanted to give my customers the opportunity to select additional options such as the fur size that their slides would be made with. While the app was able to add the additional variant, whenever my customers select their size for example a size 9 and add to the cart it changed their size to 5, not only that but it also does not show the other selections the customers made which is, for example, the fur size, and the color of the sole. it's only showing size 5. my entire message thread is visible for you and your team to look at, but for now im removing your app.
UPDATE***** After reaching out the developer of this app, I explained that whenever my customer selected the slippers they wanted such as the size, fur size and color of the sole add to cart size changes automatically to a size 5. It also doesn't show the other selection that the customer made. At first when I reached out to the developer, they said that it happened because the customer had use the quick view to make their selection. I personally tested this and I had the same issue. By directly go into the collection page itself and added the item to the cart and it still changed to a size 5. So I decided that I'm not going to waste anymore time on the app. Because 1 I have quite a few persons that I need to contact to verify their order. So I deleted the app and left my honest review. On the 14 of August I had my yotpo app updated where I had someone from their company logo on to my store and coded my review app. Though I had removed advanced product options app, I did not remember to revoke access from them to my store. On the 16 of August I went to my store to do some work when I noticed that my review app isn't showing anymore. After doing some checks I realized that someone from Advance products options access my store on the 15 of August without my knowledge. I'm assuming to check to see the issue based on my review of their app. Now this is where I'm very upset. WHY AFTER THEY ENTERED MY THEME MY REVIEW APP STOPPED WORKING?? Also, if they went in to remove their codes, WHY did they interfere with MY REVIEW APP? Not only that, but they did not make a copy of the theme before they did any code edits. After checking it's the same theme version still active. Now I'm left wondering WHAT ELSE DID THEY DO? ALSO, I NEED TO KNOW WHO WAS THE PERSON THAT ACCESSED MY THEME. AND EXACTLY WHAT THEY DID. As far as I see they invaded my store privacy. They did not notify me at any point prior to yesterday that they were going to log on to my store. And at this point I feel like I should get a lawyer because I personally feel they messed up my review coding because of my review of their app.

Furrtoes
Time spent using app: 15 days
Mageworx replied August 16, 2021

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are truly sorry to hear the app didn't work for you.

We've double-checked your ticket. Initially, you asked if it's possible to replace the Shopify variants with our options without removing the existing variants from the backend.
We replied that our options do not replace variants, they can be used in conjunction. We can hide the variants from the product page with CSS. But this is just a visual effect, and standard Shopify variants still exist on a page. We made that change upon your request.
Thus, when you added a product to the cart, the default variant was still getting added.
This is the case why always got the Size 5 variant added.

Also, the app code initializes on product pages only. I.e it's required to visit the actual product page to select options. While on your store, there is a "Quick View"/"Quick Shop" option enabled that allowed purchasing products without selecting our options.

In case of any questions please let us know.