Advanced Product Options

Advanced Product Options

by Mageworx

Product & variants options. NO limitations.

Allyce Virgin Hair Collection, L.L.C.

For $14.99/mo their support team needs to respond faster. I installed the app yesterday and submitted a request for installation. The team responded the next day (which isn't unreasonable, but other teams have responded within HOURS of receiving an email). While I was waiting I began creating a template that was relatively easy to do. It's not the best interface but it is doable. I received a collaboration request this morning & accepted it within 5mins because I was notified by email as soon as it came in. I have not heard anything else from their team after two emails to confirm that they have access. I also looked on Shopify to see if anyone logged in from their account, which they haven't. This is problematic because: 1. This is wasting time on my free trial. 2. As mentioned, other teams respond significantly faster.

July 24, 2020

Hello,

We’re sorry to hear you did not have a great experience. Thank you for letting us know about the slow service you received. We will handle that issue on our end. It is our priority to ensure every client receives timely assistance.

If you ever need our assistance again we'll do our best to provide you with excellent support.

Have a great day!

Byron Bay Gifts

Totally agree with the latter review. These guys have gone AWOL. The app crashed yesterday making the add to cart button stop working. Couldn't contact them for hours. Had to delete the app (and lose sales while we were trying to figure out what was going on!) Lost all the information stored in the app. Not the first time it's happened. Happens about every 6 months or so? Great app otherwise but keep in mind - app makes the add to cart button 'crash' and support are really hard to contact. I would try to find an alternative - that's what we're going to do!
FYI Shopify offered their usual response - not our problem! Thanks Shopify.

July 8, 2020

Sorry to hear you had that experience. I have posted our findings on what caused the issue in the previous review, but I'll also duplicate it here:

It looks like some third party (with unclear intent) was using an automated script on one of our client stores, which was causing tens of thousands of fake products to be added to the shopping cart within a short period of time. At certain point it appears this triggered Shopify's product API limits, which caused the API restrictions to take effect for that store. Since we used to have one queue for all requests, those restrictions caused extreme delays in processing products that are being added to the cart.

Shortly after identifying the cause of the issue, we implemented and deployed a solution. Moving forward we will be taking additional steps to rework the logic and optimize app's performance.

WitchyLashes

Really great app but the support is lacking and the software is not reliable. Works great 90% of the time and is down randomly the other 10. Word of advice, when you use this app as a product selector and it experiences issues you get $0 in sales, because customers cannot add to cart. This is the second time its happened it 6 months and if you're looking for support you won't get it. You'll just have to wait until they fix the issue, right now ite been about 5 hours for me, middle of the day, no sales, no support from Mageworks. I'll be migrating off this app and paying a developer to program an alternative option. I would suggest looking at other options because you're likely going to have the same issue and will have to change apps later on, costing you time, money and a good chunk of lost sales.

July 8, 2020

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. This incident was extremely frustrating for us as well.

Bild-Ahoi!

I run a POD store for photography, and to really get every size and every material right I need to display over 120 options that are dependend on each other. Poster Prints only in this size, acrylic glas only in this frame and only in that size etc.
This app is great for displaying that and the team did good work implementing it in my theme for free.

Some key features, that were already provided in the original shopify variants are really missing, and thats why i can only give two stars.
I need the functionality of spreadsheets (*.csv) to import and edit my products and variants, and even worse: there is no possibility to write down the cost of goods sold to every combination.
An option to download and backup the settings in this app would be great, too.

January 17, 2020

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your review is important to us. Our team is working on a new version for this app. It will have all mentioned features and many more. This new version will have a new approach to setting up complex combinations with ease. The new version will be globally released this spring and it will have absolutely amazing and super easy-to-use interface with powerful functionality.

If you are interested in more details about this upcoming update, feel free to drop us a line and our team will be happy to provide more info.

Have a wonderful day.

Wild Child Bikes

This app doesn't work with Ajax carts which is used by many of the better theme designers. Also, even though they said to was going to work support could not get it a usable state to publish. We had a long list of issues the app was creating and support wasn't there to fix, even though they said they fixed them. We were super hopeful this would be superior to similar apps. I have a feeling this is best for basic theme designs. We use Out Of The Sandbox - Turbo, which is hugely popular for many reasons and this app doesn't work with it unless you take away/turn off some of the design aspects and functions of the theme, which is counterproductive for having bought the theme for those specific funcitons. This app might be great for some, but keep in mind it not for everyone.

Sophia Tremolos

I like the look and facility but we have seen a bug that affects our ability to see details in orders and possible mis-calculations ... we have spend much time during several calls where for most of last year, Shopify personal are wonderful, the issue is identified but when handed to MagWorx is never corrected to date...

I have received an offer from Shopify to modify the app so it work with a third party Advanced Product Options -- I agree for the mod to be done -- next we will see how the results are:)

March 7, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! Our team has investigated the issue you are describing. Unfortunately it is caused by third-party pre-order app installed in your store. We offered to customize our app for you free of a charge to make it compatible with the app you are using for pre-order. Please, let us know if it will work for you.

Javaya • getjavaya.com

App does what it says most of the time, I can't complain about that. However this app broke one of my more complex implementations, and is presently allowing either one of two functionalities:
1) customers can buy expensive items for $0.00
2) customers cannot add item to cart at all

Support has been completely unresponsive for at least 12 hours now, including a Chat rep who just said "open a ticket" and then immediately closed the chat on me. I would honestly tolerate this under normal circumstances, however it's BFCM Week and any app vendor who isn't beefing up its support this week is one that clearly doesn't have its customers in mind.

Swiftoutdoors

While the app seems to work OK - their install was one disaster after another. Incomplete install, multiple reminders to fix, broken cart, broken product pages and our cart and products are still broken. Have gone elsewhere for a fix and complete install