Advanced Shipping Manager

Advanced Shipping Manager

by KingWebmaster

Accurate Shipping Rates for Online Stores

bathroommarketplace

This is an incredibly robust shipping app that I’ve been using for over a year for our flagship store, and one I’ll be thrilled to install, and will have already mastered, on our next two niche shops, and at half price which is part of their pricing incentive.

Coming from another e-commerce platform, having a separate shipping solution/software/app was foreign to me, but now I’m thankful for it, as I have more control over bulk assigning shipping values and formulas at once. Our store has over 50K products so you can see the value of assigning bulk shipping options per manufacturer, price range, product type, etc. Also foreign to me was working in a CSV file for shipping much like any data sheet that you’d receive from a manufacturer or one you generate in Shopify after creating products. This speaks to the speed of bulk editing I referred to, as I now have the power of Excel or Google Sheets to expedite my changes.

What makes this app robust? – extensive control and powerful (yet extra costing) add-ons. But even with our 50K inventory, we haven’t yet needed to explore any add-ons. I can not only assign Free or Flat Rate Shipping, but I can also create general rules in the app, (outside the CSV) that for instance allows me to provide Free Shipping for any order over $99. With an ASM generated formula (documentation on site on how to create, and example below), I can also define tiers of Flat Rate Shipping to accommodate multiples of a product(s). For example I have a shipping formula for thousands of small products: 1=10.95~3~17.50~5~21* This basically says Shipping for 1 is 10.95, 3 for 17.50, 5 for 21. The reason I don’t accommodate additional quantities is because for that particular item, more than 5 would cost over $99 and then my General Free Shipping rule kicks in. Cool!

Other robust features/options/headers in the CSV include assigning Dimensions, a Ship Alone value, Origin Zip Code (incredibly useful when dropshipping from manufacturers from all over the place), Number of Boxes, Invalid Shipping Methods, Markup, Multi-Box Dimensions, Global Free Shipping, Exclude States and Exclude Countries – the last two of which are incredibly valuable as we have no interest in shipping to AK or HI, Canada or Mexico and also some manufacturers have restrictions to California which gives us the power to declare these restrictions quickly.

Customer Service: Due to the size of our store, we ran into a issue over the summer that required us to desperately ping the ASM support team for their help with a solution to our unique issue. Our request, was by my standards, was quite bold but the ASM staff was incredibly responsive to our support needs and was able to make temporary accommodations along the way so that we could still operate without any downtime. As I said, our request was bold and it took them several weeks, but it was worth the wait as I can confidently say that all future ASM users will be able to benefit from this major upgrade and how it ‘talks’ to other aspects of the Shopify platform. And during that time, the ASM staff was constantly available and polite despite our request.

Since our store is so large and we are able to get a shipping app discount for our next two stores, the price is totally worth it, but don’t let a smaller inventory prevent you from avoiding this solution. Smaller stores will reap the benefits of a streamlined checkout experience and they’ll find that the app will pay for itself in time – In fact, I actually wish we had a smaller inventory because then I would have more time, to be able to really use more of the features that I’m already paying for and make the checkout experience that much more amazing for our customers.

One recommendation for anyone about to use this app, (and this may be cleared up in future versions as the Support Team has been very receptive to our feature suggestion), but please consider taking the time to create an identification system for your SKUs, especially if your are dropshipping and work with multiple manufacturers. In the CSV that you will edit, the only identifier (as of this writing) for each product is the SKU and if you do not prepend some additional identifier for each product, it will be very difficult to identify products and hence assign the correct shipping rate. For instance. We had a product with a SKU of 1001, which told me nothing in the CSV. Once I created my naming convention, that SKU now reads ABRSS-1001 which I can now identify as an Allied Brass product and not only assign it a Free Shipping value but also search or filter for all other products with that naming convention in Excel or Sheets and bulk assign all other products.

To the ASM team – thanks so incredibly much for this amazing app and especially for all our your help (and patience) referenced above. As an additional future feature suggestion, perhaps an in-app spreadsheet editing feature allowing users to bypass downloading/uploading CSVs (and bypass Microsoft and Google products). And perhaps including an extra couple of identifiers for products, especially Product Type or Cost or Manufacturer as many vendors may want to set shipping by those criteria. See you on the backend!

iFoodEquipment.ca

This app has been crucial for our site. We ship both small and large items, courier and freight, from multiple warehouses, with different shipping policies -- and so we required an app that could deal with our complicated situation. The support team is quick and very helpful and we've been able to use the sophisticated out-of-the-box tools that the app provides, and also add bespoke options for our own needs.

PYI Inc.

Great app with tons of features! The customer service is outstanding. Most sites take about 24 hours to respond. Not ASM, Lance got back to me within the hour and implemented the additional feature I needed. Couldn't be happier!

PlantPure Nation

Excellent customer support. We use multiple different apps to run our storesite, but most do not offer the type of support I always get from ASM. I didn't have to wait 24 hrs for a response, as a matter of fact, they offered to call and work with me through the issue in less than 5 minutes of contacting their support team. They care about their customers and it shows. Have been using this app for years now and have always had the same great experience.

Nick's Truck Parts

First let me say that the Customer Support is great. No question goes unanswered. I am very secure in knowing that my needs are addressed in a timely manner. Our store drop ships items from various vendors located in the US. Dimensional weighting is a big issue. Items that need to be delivered by LTL regardless of weight can be identified. This Application permits you to indicate the origin of your shipment which is important to keep the shipping cost down for your customer. We are now using the shipping calculator on our site. I would highly recommend this App

Christmas by Krebs Wholesale

We've tried many shipping apps for dimensional shipping and this was the first one that worked properly! Not only is it robust, it's also easy to set up and use. And the customer support is like nothing we've ever seen on the Shopify App Store. Very highly recommended!

Action Athlete Supply

This app is super versatile and does everything we need it to. I was not the original set up man for our site so I came in a little blind to how it worked. I had a few questions and needed help, Lance was able to walk me through what i needed to change and update and provided screen shots as well to help out. He made it fast and easy to make the fixes and all is good now. Thank you!

Online Stone Solutions

This is a great app if you have lot of custom shipping rules related to products. For example, add a $5 surcharge if X products weight more than Y lbs, or a 25% charge if Z ships to these 12 countries, etc etc. We evaluated it for integrating with UPS freight and negotiated rates billed to a 3rd party, which worked great.

We received excellent support as well.

Rajeff Sports Customer Portal

App works great and the service is top notch! Adds a lot of customization ability that you can't pull off via Shopify's built-in features.

Greenlight Surf Supply

Powerful app and great customer service. We ship everything from digital media to containers full of product and this app is the only one we've found capable of handling the online quotes for a huge array of shipping options.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16