Advanced Shipping Manager

Advanced Shipping Manager

by KingWebmaster

Accurate Shipping Rates for Online Stores

Walker Tape Co Inc.

If you have complicated shipping needs, there is no better option for you. Period. Their team will work with you one-on-one to solve problems, do custom coding quickly, and take time to trouble shoot any issues. Great experience!

Dispensary Packaging

If you have variables set up under your product list and each of those variables means shipping more boxes, this is the only app that I've found (and I've tried quite a few) that will work. My system used to calculate 5 boxes at 10 lbs. each, as simply one item at 50 lbs. However, there is a huge price discrepancy between shipping one item at 50 lbs. and 5 items at 10 lbs. Advanced Shipping has fixed my problem and I couldn't be happier. In addition, the support I received from them was amazing. I have no programming experience whatsoever, however, Burt was able to walk me through the process and made it easy for me to understand. At $75 per month, the app is expensive, but well worth it, because it's going to save me money in shipping costs.

Magnum Photos

This is a great shipping app that gives us extreme control over various shipping options, allows us to exclude certain shipping methods for individual products and allows us to require different products to ship by themselves. The support was very helpful, Dan was super patient in explaining how everything worked and in assisting with duplicating shipping methods on his end to make things easier for us.

Setup takes some time and I really wish we wouldn't have to manually update a CSV file every time we change a price, weight or add or remove products. But my understanding is that this is a limitation from Shopify and not the app. The interface of Advanced Shipping Manager works but isn't the most modern and usability could be improved.

Shopify should really integrate advanced shipping options into their system but unfortunately for some reason they don't. This app really allows us to do everything we could possibly want to do in terms of shipping. If you have shipping needs that can not be met by Shopify alone this is the app to go to.

Atomik RC

We knew that we had to have more control of our shipping options. After searching around, we found ASM would give us the control of restricting shipping options on a per SKU basis.

Integration was very easy and Burt was very easy to work with and helpful in answering my questions, but he is a very busy guy.

Being able to upload and update SKUs through CSV is very handy. We have an Excel template built to easily get our information into ASM.

One thing I would like to see is an error alert whenever someone receives a "No Shipping Method" found with the details of their cart.

Overall, we are very satisfied with our decision to go with ASM.

Stair Parts USA

We ship items for stair cases that can have USPS Priority mail to UPS ground to LT L freight in the same shipment from different locations across the USA.

I came to Shopify after I had started working with Advanced Shipping Manager.

This system has made it so we can truly automate our online store and be able to calculate shipping costs.

No doubt I kick myself for not finding them 10+ years ago to help with this problem.
RIch Burkhart
www.stairpartsusa.com

Mineral Fusion

Very easy to use the app, and great support from Burt. He'll train you over the phone and help afterward too. App is intuitive to use.

BuildASoil

The best Shipping App Ever. Just takes a minute to get setup with a basic product export and then it's really easy to update. We now have FULL shipping control and I can't believe we went so long with out using this software. Worth every penny and the customer service has been excellent.

Pro-Tools

Wonderfully powerful app! Most orders from our store ship in multiple boxes totaling over 150 pounds. Me and my team must have talked with Shopify a dozen times (maybe more) about this problem and if there was a workaround. Finally, on the last phone call we placed, they revealed this gem of an app. It handles multi-box shipments of any weight and uses real-time carrier-calculated rates. There are so many customizations. It even plays nice with other apps. Burt was extremely helpful in getting me setup and acquainted to the user interface, which is extremely intuitive and simple-to-use. I was relieved when I learned you could do .csv uploads. It's amazing how many apps lack this feature. This is really a must-have app.

This app only has one review of less than two stars (at the time I'm writing this, although I don't see it ever getting a bad review) and I don't know why it was negative. The interface isn't on Shopify's website, but working with the Advanced Shipping Manager app is like working on any app in the backend. I realize this started as a Yahoo Merchant Stores program, but it works amazingly in Shopify. I could really care less what other platforms it is built for; we use Shopify and it works great for us.

sealcoating.com

The App has helped our store immensely, however, the process and extra step for uploading and importing a CSV file each time we make a change with our products is time-consuming and frustrating. There must be a way to automate this???

skillbuilder

Burt is a busy guy... To be honest, not the easiest person to reach... But once you catch him on the phone, he'll always do his best to help you and make sure everything's working for you. His explanations are clear and he knows what he's doing.

As for the app itself, the available customization options are just limitless.

Before checking out and entering their shipping address, customers can also get shipping estimates on their cart page by entering their ZIP code... This is a huge plus as we'd hate for customers to be surprised by total shipping cost after the trouble of entering their full shipping address during checkout.

For a small additional fee, ASM can even integrate with other freight vendors such as UniShippers.

If you think you have a set of complicated shipping rules and it's impossible to have it all on your online store -- ASM will make it possible for you.