UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing

Grow With Ambassador, Influencer, referral & Affiliate Program

Free plan available. 14-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.

RED Boardriders ™

Location New Zealand
Time spent using app About 1 year

(Updated my 1 star review below)
I installed this app based on the install count and good reviews. But the experience thus far is not good. I can get it to work with help from the support desk people. (They are excellent)
But honestly it is cumbersome to setup with little if any control over the look and feel.
Nothing is automated. Affiliates can not link to products from their dashboard they must manually cut and paste links to products.
Setting up the rules in counter intuitive for Discount codes, you must go out of the app into Shopify to set it up then back into the app and try understand the translated english.
The media down loads do not work for affiliates. (Now Fixed)
The embed codes generated are not linked to the affiliate. (Fixed)
Sharing to Linkedin the affiliate code is missing. (Fixed)
The Affiliate dashboard can not be edited to make it nice and user friendly. There are no QR codes or easy ways for the affiliate to make friendly url. (Fixed)
It's all manual requiring admin to do each one via Shopify admin redirects then add them to the App. (Testing) So for USD49/mth I feel like it's old software long overdue for a rebuild.
Knowing the country of origin of the developers might explain a little more of why the language is confusing.
Anyway, it works... but I'm not convinced it's actually rated accurately by others.
(Update...At USD$50/mth it should be a polished finished product.
It's not. .
It lacks the fulll MLM features and simplicity available in other apps. But the support team fixes issues fast.)

September 17, 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback. My team has reached you immediately to fix any issues you ran into. We appreciate your suggestions to improve our system, we are working hard day by day to make the app more convenient. And thank again for still choosing us and helping us clarify your ideas.

EK2.ca, Inc

This rating was updated in order to address the new features that auto-detect language based on an affiliate's location. If the affiliate's location is different from English speaking countries, this feature will not work unless you upgrade to a professional plan, there is nothing more that justifies helping affiliates do there work seamlessly while expecting to be charged $49.99 USD /month just to unlock such feature whilst the app in itself has questionable grammar! I will elaborate below.

We noticed that the default sent email options are not grammatically structured and thus should be reassessed. The app otherwise works as intended but unfortunately, we wouldn`t recommend this app for an established business that has more than 600 active referrals! You may find it suitable to develop software that would, in turn, save you the cost of third party applications later on! Do your math and thank us later.

March 10, 2020

Thank you for your feedback.
We have added "Multi-language for affiliate account" feature for free version :)

Invicta

Good app, UI is a bit outdated and some areas of the UI can be complex. For example, being able to change the form on your website shouldn't be as difficult to find as it is. I think having it's own tab is justified rather than being buried in the settings.

I also think its a big shame that you are only given 1 coupon code in the free version and to then have anymore, you have to opt for the $50 pm plan. There should at least be more coupons in the cheaper plan, e.g. 25 coupons. I find this quite greedy and makes the app less accessible to smaller enterprises who wish start affiliate marketing - if they gave more care and focus with incentives, such as 25 coupons for the cheaper plan, no doubt more people would purchase and stay with Secomapp.

April 9, 2021

This is Stark from Secomapp Support. I hope you're doing well. We've updated the UI completely to make it more friendly to users. Regarding your concern about coupon, I would like to clarify something. There's no coupon limit in any plan (including the Free plan). With Free or Growth plan, you can assign 1 coupon for each affiliate, which means you can assign 1000 coupons to 1000 affiliates. Please feel free to reach us again at support@secomapp.com if you need our assistance.
Have a good day and stay safe!

Rocky Knoll Farm

I got this app in hopes that their marketplace would help attract affiliate marketers. I haven't had any hits since subscribing a little over a week ago. Hopefully the app will come through on that front. I'm only offering this review now because UpPromote asked me to do so. I'd love to offer a higher rating. I suspect this app may be better for managing affiliate relationships that you bring in yourself. Maybe something to think about before subscribing to pay the monthly fees if you don't already have affiliate marketers lined up.

June 20, 2021

Thank you very much for your honest words. Since the businesses are all different and unique, it's best for merchants to recruit their own affiliates instead of getting affiliates somehow given to them. As a tool to manage affiliates and track the referral orders, we still have features which could help you to reach more affiliates than usual. We would recommend you to use other channels (e.g. social media, email, etc.) to promote your affiliate program for the best result. Anyway, we'll try to promote your program via email sent to affiliates on our Marketplace. I hope that would help you to get some affiliates soon. Please feel free to reach us again at support@secomapp.com if you need our assistance. Cheers!

Fret Zealot

This app is strategically getting more expensive and offering less. They make it clear that you will be severely affected for anything less than their $50/month plan.

We have VERY basic needs for our program and there is incredibly complexity to this app. I don't want to switch, but I feel like we're slowly being forced to leave due to unnecessary complexity.

miawestactive

Time spent using app About 18 hours

Downloaded this app to try the free version, only to find out the method to pay my affiliates "Store credit" is only avail on the paid versions. this seems like a feat you would allow for the free version (as everyother payment options is avail)... app looked promising, but now i can't try it out and eventually upgrade my package...

April 9, 2021

This is Stark from Secomapp support. Thank you for the feedback. For clarification, I want to let you know that even with Free plan, you can use any method to send commission to affiliates from outside of the app and mark the payment as paid in the app. That's the method used by most merchants. Please feel free to reach us at support@secomapp.com . We're happy to provide any help you may need.
Cheers!

The Pore Company

Time spent using app About 1 year

The app is still not working as it should. It's not syncing orders and I keep messaging support. I would really like to get this working properly ASAP so we and start to scale this program as we are off to a good start. Also, wish they had a video to train the new affiliates how to use the platform as we are all new to it.

October 20, 2020

We are so sorry for this inconvenience. My technical team is checking the issue ASAP, we will let you know via chat if there is any update. Also, we have a series of instruction video for new users, you can take a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQd1w3iv_iE&list=PLfZvxg1NZTJjCQ9AJsmllyXp2W_eK2MOR&index=4

Garsnett Beacon Candle Co.

It has been mostly spam and coupon sites that signed up to be affiliates, not actual influencers or referrals. There is also not a way to see who we have and havent messaged to become an affiliate through the platform, which seems like it should be an easy fix.

April 27, 2022

Hello there. This is Stark from UpPromote support. Thank you for the feedback. You must be needing some assistance from us. We've just message you via the in-app chat channel. Please check that out. We hope to work with you to resolve the issue. Cheers!

Moroccan Corridor®

Location Morocco
Time spent using app 37 minutes

I’m using this app to help me promote more sale. I can’t say it works or not because I am still setting up and was promoted to leave a review. I will update my review after a few days observation and testing.

January 4, 2022

Hello there. This is Stark from UpPromote support. Thank you for the feedback. You must be needing some assistance from us. We would love to hear you out and to have a chance working with you to resolve any issue you've been having. Please feel free to reach us at support@secomapp.com anytime.
Cheers!

Senselife

Location Hong Kong SAR
Time spent using app About 1 year

因為沒有好的統計和管理方式,一直無法實施會員機制。期待它能實現我的會員管理,讓我的的業績提升變的更加輕鬆。但也期待他能在功能設置上面能變的更加簡便,這樣會更好。因為沒有好的統計和管理方式,一直無法實施會員機制。期待它能實現我的會員管理,讓我的的業績提升變的更加輕鬆。但也期待他能在功能設置上面能變的更加簡便,這樣會更好

March 11, 2020

您好,我们的应用程序在主仪表板中具有分析系统,可让您跟踪联盟的业绩。在功能设置,我们还提供了分步指南和清单拱您遵循。此外,我们也为您提供详细的文档。如果您对我们的应用程序有任何问题,请通过以下电子邮件与我们联系:support@secomapp.com. 祝你有美好的一天!