UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing

by Secomapp

Grow With Ambassador, Influencer, Referral & Affiliate Program

Rocky Knoll Farm

I got this app in hopes that their marketplace would help attract affiliate marketers. I haven't had any hits since subscribing a little over a week ago. Hopefully the app will come through on that front. I'm only offering this review now because UpPromote asked me to do so. I'd love to offer a higher rating. I suspect this app may be better for managing affiliate relationships that you bring in yourself. Maybe something to think about before subscribing to pay the monthly fees if you don't already have affiliate marketers lined up.

June 20, 2021

Thank you very much for your honest words. Since the businesses are all different and unique, it's best for merchants to recruit their own affiliates instead of getting affiliates somehow given to them. As a tool to manage affiliates and track the referral orders, we still have features which could help you to reach more affiliates than usual. We would recommend you to use other channels (e.g. social media, email, etc.) to promote your affiliate program for the best result. Anyway, we'll try to promote your program via email sent to affiliates on our Marketplace. I hope that would help you to get some affiliates soon. Please feel free to reach us again at support@secomapp.com if you need our assistance. Cheers!

Pierce of Art

This is the first time i've felt compelled to review. Firstly, I must say the set up is very easy. No complaints there.
However, once it was installed and set up I started inviting affiliates. The take up was pretty quick (4 in 10 minutes/ 12 in a few hours) Thats where the issue is. The affiliates couldn't quite figure out what to do then. and the info was lacking. I created an account and quickly found the dashboard isn't mobile friendly and because the overflow is hidden there is no way to see the full page by scrolling horizontally. 88% of people that use my website are mobile users. Furthermore, after spending hours adding images with desciptions, titles, and links for my affiliates to share it turns out that the app simply shares the image-link and the image. I can't give this app 1 star because quite simply it does work ( to a certain extent) as long as your affiliates use a desktop. Which, unfortunately, these days they don't. The feedback I received was, they simply wanted to log in and share posts/product to their social media accounts from their mobile, to try and earn some extra money. Such a simple feature is missing.
After that I contacted support. When they finally replied, they was very polite but I had to remove the left over code myself after uninstalling the app.

March 9, 2021

We really appreciate your feedback. First of all, we are happy to hear that you find the app easy-to-use, regarding the issue with Mobile responsiveness, my team totally understands your concern. We are aware of the issue and working our best on improving the user experience on mobile devices. Regarding the second issue with Marketing tools for affiliates, the sharing feature is just one of the options, the affiliates can also download/get embedded code of the media and use them on their own channels.
If you have any suggestions for us to make it more convenient, please reach us at support@secomapp.com, we will always listen.

Humblehustleshop

I’m using this app to help me promote more sale. I can’t say it works or not because I am still setting up and was promoted to leave a review.

December 30, 2020

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We've reached you via email to make sure you get prompt support from my team, we will try our best to assist you in any steps using the app.
In case you need our help, just chat with us or send an email to support@secomapp.com, we are more than happy to support you.
Happy new year, we wish you the best this 2021!

Moose Creek Custom Creations

Just downloaded and so far I like the setup! I'll be back with more stars if it works the way I need it to!

The Pore Company

The app is still not working as it should. It's not syncing orders and I keep messaging support. I would really like to get this working properly ASAP so we and start to scale this program as we are off to a good start. Also, wish they had a video to train the new affiliates how to use the platform as we are all new to it.

October 20, 2020

We are so sorry for this inconvenience. My technical team is checking the issue ASAP, we will let you know via chat if there is any update. Also, we have a series of instruction video for new users, you can take a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQd1w3iv_iE&list=PLfZvxg1NZTJjCQ9AJsmllyXp2W_eK2MOR&index=4

Gooseberry Natural Feed Global

trying out the app to see how well it works. Will reveiw again once i try the app to see how fast support gets back to me.

October 20, 2020

Thanks for your feedback, my team has been back to you the moment we received your support request. It seems that the problem you mentioned no longer happens, if you have any other questions, just feel free to reach us at support@secomapp.com

RED Boardriders ™

(Updated my 1 star review below)
I installed this app based on the install count and good reviews. But the experience thus far is not good. I can get it to work with help from the support desk people. (They are excellent)
But honestly it is cumbersome to setup with little if any control over the look and feel.
Nothing is automated. Affiliates can not link to products from their dashboard they must manually cut and paste links to products.
Setting up the rules in counter intuitive for Discount codes, you must go out of the app into Shopify to set it up then back into the app and try understand the translated english.
The media down loads do not work for affiliates. (Now Fixed)
The embed codes generated are not linked to the affiliate. (Fixed)
Sharing to Linkedin the affiliate code is missing. (Fixed)
The Affiliate dashboard can not be edited to make it nice and user friendly. There are no QR codes or easy ways for the affiliate to make friendly url. (Fixed)
It's all manual requiring admin to do each one via Shopify admin redirects then add them to the App. (Testing) So for USD49/mth I feel like it's old software long overdue for a rebuild.
Knowing the country of origin of the developers might explain a little more of why the language is confusing.
Anyway, it works... but I'm not convinced it's actually rated accurately by others.
(Update...At USD$50/mth it should be a polished finished product.
It's not. .
It lacks the fulll MLM features and simplicity available in other apps. But the support team fixes issues fast.)

September 17, 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback. My team has reached you immediately to fix any issues you ran into. We appreciate your suggestions to improve our system, we are working hard day by day to make the app more convenient. And thank again for still choosing us and helping us clarify your ideas.

miawestactive

Downloaded this app to try the free version, only to find out the method to pay my affiliates "Store credit" is only avail on the paid versions. this seems like a feat you would allow for the free version (as everyother payment options is avail)... app looked promising, but now i can't try it out and eventually upgrade my package...

April 9, 2021

This is Stark from Secomapp support. Thank you for the feedback. For clarification, I want to let you know that even with Free plan, you can use any method to send commission to affiliates from outside of the app and mark the payment as paid in the app. That's the method used by most merchants. Please feel free to reach us at support@secomapp.com . We're happy to provide any help you may need.
Cheers!

Invicta

Good app, UI is a bit outdated and some areas of the UI can be complex. For example, being able to change the form on your website shouldn't be as difficult to find as it is. I think having it's own tab is justified rather than being buried in the settings.

I also think its a big shame that you are only given 1 coupon code in the free version and to then have anymore, you have to opt for the $50 pm plan. There should at least be more coupons in the cheaper plan, e.g. 25 coupons. I find this quite greedy and makes the app less accessible to smaller enterprises who wish start affiliate marketing - if they gave more care and focus with incentives, such as 25 coupons for the cheaper plan, no doubt more people would purchase and stay with Secomapp.

April 9, 2021

This is Stark from Secomapp Support. I hope you're doing well. We've updated the UI completely to make it more friendly to users. Regarding your concern about coupon, I would like to clarify something. There's no coupon limit in any plan (including the Free plan). With Free or Growth plan, you can assign 1 coupon for each affiliate, which means you can assign 1000 coupons to 1000 affiliates. Please feel free to reach us again at support@secomapp.com if you need our assistance.
Have a good day and stay safe!

Max and Neo

This app is decent but has alot of typos and some small bugs. You can get around them all to make things work, but things could be streamlined to make it easier for the affiliate manager.

Update:
It takes about 2 minutes to add each affiliate due to alot of repetitive tasks that can be easily coded away. I don't like spending 1 hour to onboard 30 new affiliates.

1) You cannot set a default payment method. I need to login as each affiliate and change that option every time.
2) When adding a redirect URL, it always asks "Did you create URL redirect for this custom link?" every single time. There should be a check option to "never show this again"
3) Making custom discount codes is tedious because you need to manually go to each one again after adding the affiliate add each one and then re-type (or paste) a description of each coupon code, even though each affiliate basically gets the same type of coupon. There has to be a way to streamline this. Why isn't on the same page as their profile info?

May 9, 2020

We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry that the language barrier has caused your unhappy experience when using the app. We've reached out to a native speaker to review all over the app to make sure the language issue will no longer negatively affect your experience within our system. If you have any support request, feel free to contact us at support@secomapp.com

Previous 1 3