Ali Reviews ‑ Product Reviews

Ali Reviews ‑ Product Reviews

by FireApps

Collect & Showcase Photo Reviews, UGC & Ratings to boost sales

CozyNight

I never had any problem with apps until I came across Ali Reviews, the worst app from all, full of bugs and errors, keep away!

May 26, 2021

Hi there,

I'm William from Ali Reviews - Product Reviews Customer Support Team. We're deeply sorry for this inconvenience caused.

As I have checked your case and seen that

1. The first issue is slow loading speed of review box on mobile version, for making it clear, as usual the review box will be shown properly around 2 or 3 seconds after your page is fully loaded. Also the slow loading speed of the review box still depends on the number of reviews you're having, the more reviews/photos you import per product, the slower it loads.

2. You got the error "Liquid error: Error in tag 'section' - 'alireviews-widget-51730' is not a valid section type", have you changed or edited review code from your side? Generally, when you add widget as review box, it will automatically be shown on your page, since my colleague asked you to grant access permission with limit access for further help, but you did not allow it, so it's hard for us to fix the error.

Finally, you please consider to reinstall our app and let us have one more chance to support you with the highest priority. We make sure that your issues will be completely fixed.

As my colleague has sent you a follow-up email, please kindly check and get back to us, so we can help you further. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

William

Coolcat Gadget

They suddenly changed their free plan and ruined everything for me. Now I'm not able to approve my customer's reviews anymore, so they are in the void in an unapproved state, but the worse is I can't export my original customer reviews, so I stuck with them until I found some manual solution. If I uninstall I lost all my reviews. Customer service doesn't care at all.

May 6, 2021

Hi Victoria,

Here's Paul from Ali Reviews - Product Reviews Customer Support Team and we're deeply sorry for this inconvenience caused.

In relation to your concerns as following:

1. Although we are not offering Free plan at the moment, for users who have ever used Free plan until now, we still keep this plan

2. With recent updated version, we received many queries from customers regarding limitation numbers (reviews/products/pops/email request review) in plans. For making it clear, there are specific limitation for the number of imported reviews per product or monthly email request reviews, etc,.... For your case, because your plan has reached the limited number of review, so you cannot approve your customer`s review

3. For export review function, this is considered as a new function and it has been on our roadmap, especially they're in the final stages to test before releasing officially. However, case by case, we still consider to export review for your store.

You're having an active chat with my colleague, please let know if you need further support.

Paul

L'Avant-Coureur

I used this app for a long time
Customer service is open to suggestion and continue to improve the app

May 4, 2021

Hi there,

Here's David from Ali Reviews - Product Reviews Customer Support Team and we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience caused.

As we have checked your case and seen that you have installed our app on April 27 2021 and you have not ever contacted us for further support. Regarding to your concerns as following:

1. Our app will proactively suggest Essential plan for your trial because this plan will help you experience with most of functions that Ali Reviews is having. In order words, you will have a better overview. However, once your trial ends, you will have an option to choose your appropriate plan.

2. Please be advised that review widget such as review box will be automatically disappeared when your trial ends. To reactivate it, you need to choose your relevant plan as well we approve charge.

3. Finally, as you said that "And I realized that you can't even put the review box on the home page (if you only sell one product from the main page) you can only add a widget to "show a preview of the customer reviews", it's a known issue, but this feature has been on our roadmap and we will add this feature soon for future update. However, we now still help you add review box on homepage. My colleague has been sending you a follow-up email, please kindly check it and let them know for further support.

David

Eagles|Patriots|Steelers Gear

I am a victim of this Ali Review app from Oct. 2019 to April 19, 2021. The reasons are below: I opened a Shopify Collaborator account to let Ali Review app to fix issues and errors in 2019. They didn't fix anything, but their tech support emailed me back saying they didn't know what was the problem and asked me to mercy them. The worst was that they never followed up the issues and errors not yet being fixed but just let my issues and errors continue. At that time, I didn't know these issues and errors in my Google Search console would damage my SEO. And also, I didn't have time to contact them again and again for the same issues which were not able to be fixed by them. Their support system was a mess. Every Time I went on chat, there were no people to chat with at the early stage of the Ali Review app. They just asked users to submit the problems, and then they would contact back. I submitted them the issues and errors, but they couldn't fix them from time to time. Why waste my time doing that again and again? The worst is that the Ali Review app doesn't have an exporting feature to let users transfer out all reviews. That forced me to stay until April 19, 2021 since I have no time to make an export sheet for all my previous reviews manually. At the most recent time, Ali review app set the chat with a real person support, but they didn't set the ticket # for the user when reporting the problem to them. Every time when I checked my issues and errors reported still not being fixed, and then I went to chat with their support, there was a new customer service rep., they asked me to repeat what I reported again and again, such as screenshot and describe the issue and errors encountered. That wasted me a lot of time for the same issues and errors because they were still not able to be fixed no matter how many times I reported them. Why bother me to report to them again and again for the same issues and errors but no result? So, all issues and errors in my Google Search Console continued without being fixed. That seriously damaged my SEO. ( Here are 2 screenshots that shows 43 errors and 1 issue and many warnings from January 19, 2021 to April 19, 2021 in my Google Search Console. They were just some sample issues and errors screenshots since there were more issues and errors I didn't take screenshots on because I didn't know Ali Review app would deny the fact that they were not able to fix the issues and errors for me. Now it is too late since Google Search Console is only able to display 3 most recent months data. #1 Screenshot of Review Snippet 43 Errors and 1 issue from January 19, 2021 to April 19, 2021:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0808/6529/files/Screenshot_MyGoogleConsole_FullOfErrors.jpg?v=1619099557 #2 One sample screenshot of an Individual product errors and warnings. There were many products had the same errors and warnings:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0808/6529/files/Screenshot_MyGoogleConsole_1URLDetected2items_1Error5Warnings.jpg?v=1619099569 ) Finally, I had a chance to talk to Ali Review app tech support Kate on April13, 2021. At first , she said to me that my theme has no Rich Snippet. After I showed her the Google rich snippet test result page for my product page, then, she asked me if I used a 3rd party app for schema. I said I used Schema Plus. So, she wrote me a written request to Schema Plus to add a Rich Snippet schema code into my theme. And then, Schema Plus responded to that request with a screenshot of Ali review app rich Snippet code problem. and then, Schema Plus agreed to give me a full refund for my full subscription days. ( #1. Here is the screenshot of Kate's written request to Schema Plus app: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0808/6529/files/Screenshot_Kate_requested_What_ShemaPlus_NeedTo_Do.png?v=1619099514 #2. Here is the screenshot of what Schema Plus prove that the Error is from Ali Review app: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0808/6529/files/Screenshot_SchemaPlus_ShowTheProof_AliReview_App_Has_Problem.png?v=1619099543 ) That proved in my theme never has a rich snippet schema code. But the problem is that Ali Review app never discovered this main issue until April 13, 2021. By common sense, Ali Review app never discovered this main issue, how could they fix this main issue for me during my full subscription days? The conclusion is that Ali Review app couldn't discover the main issue, and that resulted in not being able to fix my issues and errors in my Google Search Console during my full subscription days, and that seriously damaged my SEO. Therefore, I demand a $5 refund for each month for my 17 months subscription. This request is reasonable and inevitable. I am so sure that the cost of my SEO getting damaged by the issues and errors not being fixed by Ali Review app would be more than what I requested for the refund. Or I will dispute the Ali Review app fee charge through the Shopify bill charge. --------------------- Respond to Ali Review app's reply: You are a liar. You can deny everything, but you can't deny the fact that you didn't know what the main issue was until April 13, 2021 discovered by your tech support Kate. How could you fix the issues and errors for me without knowing what the main issue was by common sense? I have paid you in full over 17 months. I didn't get the feature that I paid for. Moreover, my SEO seriously got damaged by the issues and errors not being fixed by Ali Review app. Please see the screenshot from above the links for the latest 3 months Review Snippet 43 errors and issues and warnings. I am a victim of the Ali Review app. I am so sure that the cost of my SEO getting damaged by the issues and errors not being fixed by Ali Review app would be more than what I requested for the refund. If you don't refund me $5 each month for my full subscription days that is 17 months, then I will dispute the Ali Review app fee charge through the Shopify bill charge. The dispute come-out will be decided by the credit card company. Fair enough.

April 23, 2021

My name's Peter from Ali Reviews - Product Reviews Customer Support Team

First of all, we sincerely apologize for what happened to you and your store. Besides that, digging into the issue you faced with our Ali Reviews and Google rating code as following:

1. You first contacted us on March 13 to report about the Google Console issue and our support agent had clarified that the Google rating code was added and was showing fine on the Google Structure Test Tool attaching with the proof of screenshot.

2. When you contacted us again on April 7, at that time, when we carefully checked it many times, but there was no schema code on your Theme. We got back to you right away so that you could contact your SEO provider for further check.

3. We did not blame your theme, after we have checked and seen that there was no Rich Snippet schema code from your theme, so we were unable to insert our appropriate code into your theme.

4. During checking your issue, we also realized part of the issue was coming our app and we would like to refund fully the last month. Last but not least, anytime you want to re-install our Ali Reviews, please feel free to let us know and we will make sure to assist you with everything you need to have another success business.

Peter

thefullmoonmirror

Terrible app. integration with gempages is awful and you should stay away from it for now until it's fixed

Hi there,

My name's Charles from Ali Reviews - Product Reviews Customer Support Team and we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience caused.

In relation to your issue, it's an unexpected issue when our review widget cannot be automatically shown when you Ali Reviews element from Gempage, but we completely help you add it manually and there are no negative effects with this way. Besides that we are working proactively with them to have a final resolution in the next few days.

However, as we have checked your conversation with our colleague and seen that you have not mentioned this issue for us, so we cannot check and fix it for you. Since you uninstalled our app, you please consider to reinstall our app and let us have a chance to support you with the highest priority.

Charles

Doppelpets

Stay away from this app if you are using gempages. the new update breaks everything and the reviews are not working. Their support is incompetent and useless. Use Loox Reviews and stay away from this

Hi there,

I'm William from Ali Reviews - Product Reviews Customer Support Team and we're deeply sorry for your bad experience with us.

Regarding to your concern as following:

1. It is an unexpected integration issue with Gempage. Anytime you changes something in GemPages, our review widget has been disappeared, and we are working proactively with them to have resolution in the next few days.

2. Although our review widget cannot be automatically shown when adding Ali Reviews element from Gempage, we definitely help you add it manually and there are no negative effects with this way. As we have checked your conversation with our colleague and seen that your issue has been resolved . Please let them know if you need further support. Once again we're truly sorry for this inconvenience caused.

William

Behaved Collar

Shitty app. After the 6.0 update, it doesn't work with gem pages anymore and their absolutely horrific support is useless. STAY AWAY and use a better option.

Hi there,

Here's Kyle from Ali Reviews - Product Reviews Customer Support Team.

First of all, we take full responsibility and sincerely apologize for what happened to you and your store. As we checked your conversation with our colleague and seen that we have explained clearly about your issue and it has been fixed completely.

Furthermore, for making it clear that the integration issue with Gempage is an unexpected issue and our app is experiencing with few customers using GemPages as a page builder. Anytime a user changes something in GemPages, it leads to a negative impact in Ali Reviews and we are working proactively with them to have a final solution in the next few days.

Last but not least, anytime you want to re-install our Ali Reviews, please feel free to let us know and we will make sure to assist you with everything you need to have a success business.

Kyle

www.patisaa.com

TERRIBLE APP! The review settings are unreliable. The customer service equally pathetic and incapable.

April 8, 2021

Hi Sonali,

Here's Keva from Ali Reviews - Product Reviews Customer Support Team team of Ali Reviews and we're deeply sorry for this inconvenience caused.

As we have checked your case and seen that

1. The problem with your filter setting. Firstly you might mistakenly set your filter with negative review, so your imported reviews still show negative review. To avoid not being imported negative review, you need to set up 100% positive review. The second one as some reviews with another language, this is a know issue from AliExpress, as my colleague mentioned clearly that the amount of reviews translated in your English language may be less than 70%, because it still depends on translation service provided by AliExpress, if their contents have not been translated into English language yet, our app still import original reviews.

2. "The customer service equally pathetic and incapable", we have reviewed this case with the relevant agent and have a proper training for them to improve their supporting skills and reach customer needs.

We have sent you a follow-up email, please let us know if you need further support

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Keva

Robbinmaid

I do not recommend this app, a lot of missing features.
I just paid for the paid plan to find out i cannot remove the empty stars on products without reviews, and the support team was not able to help, and they refuse to refund me even after 1 day of usage of the paid plan. I tried many customer-friendly apps they were really helpful and their app has amazing feuatures than this one. I do not recommend.

April 10, 2021

Hi Rachida,

Here's Henry from Ali Reviews - Product Reviews Customer Support Team team of Ali Reviews and we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience caused.

In relation to your concern as "i cannot remove the empty stars on products without reviews", unfortunately this function is not yet at the moment, however, we're really appreciate your feedback and it will be forwarded to concern team to investigate and add it for future update.

Another is your refund request, based on our policy, we do not offer unconditional refund after 7-day trial, however, depended on case by case, we will consider to refund for users. As we have checked, my colleague has sent you a follow-up email, please check their email and response to them to have a resolution.

Henry

dishsupplies

Such a headache. I wasted so much time trying to set up. It is much easier to set up almost every other review app

March 18, 2021

Hello Joseph,

Here's Kate from Ali Reviews - Product Reviews Customer Support Team.

Firstly, I am so sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with our app, however I do not see any communication between you and our team. Therefore, could you please let me know if there was any problem when set up our app for better understanding?

Besides, if you can re-install our app, I will be more than happy to help you to set up all things you need as same as we always do with other valuable customers.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kate