Amazon by Codisto

Amazon by Codisto

by Codisto

The new Amazon sales channel

The Fun Home Novelty Company

I really liked the old app, it was really simple. There is a bit more complexity with this app that has created some issues in getting it setup, but I will say that the customer service has been top notch, and though it took a little time to get things right, it is now working fine. One issue that cost a star in my review was the fact that the FBA orders don't come across with customer names, and therefore can't be synced with Shopify QuickBooks app which has required me to have to use two apps. One for merchant fulfilled (the Codisto app) and one for FBA in order to get my accounting accurate.

October 26, 2021

Thanks for your review!
We're happy our Customer Support team have got you up and running 😎
In terms of FBA orders and customer names (which Amazon do not provide) I have reached out directly.

Island Dog T-Shirt Company

4th Update - I have now had this app on my shop for several weeks and am updating my rating to 4 stars. After a very rocky start, things now are working as expected. Meaning, it is working and there have been no new surprises or glitches. My sales are linking from Amazon to my Shopify store to my production providers seamlessly. I will add this - the Codisto support team has been great. They are quick, helpful, and they follow up. Please make it a point to reach out to them should you have any problems as they are very responsive.
.......
3rd Update - So, I just received a notice from Amazon that my perfect shipping rate is now at 18.18% - this means that in the past 10 days, my account went from having 0 late shipments to 18.18% late shipments. Every single one of these late shipments occurred in the past week because the Codisto app over-wrote my Amazon production time information and promised shipment (of print-on-demand products) within 1 day of ordering. I only noticed this morning that the app has been over-riding my Amazon account information and have been taking steps to fix the problems. Unfortunately, according to Amazon, my account is now "At risk of deactivation" because my late shipment rate is now over 4%. This is 100% due to this app and, while I received an email from Codisto after first lowering my rating back to 0 stars this morning, which told me how I can bulk update my production/shipping times, the damage was already done. As a note - I have been selling on Amazon for 10+ years and this is the only time my account has been at risk. If you get this app - which you have to now that Shopify has forced you to - PLEASE check, re-check, and then check again all your info after linking through this app. Your entire business can be at risk, as mine now is. -------- 2nd Update - Back to a 1 (0) stars. So this weekend I woke up to a bunch of new orders from Amazon through my Shopify shop via Codisto. I also woke up to a slew of Late Shipment warnings from Amazon - it turns out that the Codisto app has overwritten all my production times/shipment dates to 1 DAY. If you do any sort of print-on-demand, you know that this is impossible. I checked my listings on Amazon, and my original production dates are still there. I checked the same listings on Codisto, and the app has a fall back of 1-Day service. You have to go one-by-one to set the Codisto app to whatever you have in Amazon - rather then having the Codisto app simply reflect whatever you have in Amazon. Total garbage waste of time - remember, I have more than 500 products that are affected. Now I have to cancel orders with Amazon customers who are expecting 1-Day turnaround service/shipment, which will further affect my rating. ----------
UPDATE: I originally gave this app 1 (0) stars. It was unwieldy, time-consuming, etc. I am happy to report that Codisto has been very responsive to improving the app. It is still not perfect - for instance, when I try to link my Amazon products to those in my Shopify store, the app does not find/show all the available sizes/colors to link to. This, of course, is a problem. I feel, though, that Codisto is committed to fixing/improving its product. Because of their quick service and fixes, I am updating to 3 stars. I will be more than happy to update again once all my product variations can be found/linked. PS: for now I am leaving my original review below so you can see what the developers overcame in just two days. 0 stars. The original Amazon app worked perfectly for years. Now we are forced to use this one. I have 577 products to link with this app. The problems are: 1 - The app does not allow for sizes and color variations. So, if you have a shirt that has 20 colors and 7 sizes, you have to search one-by-one through your catalog to link it. That is 140 listings you have to search through to find the correct one. Since Codisto does not give you an image, you can't even go by that. You have to click on each listing, one by one, and then RE-ENTER the search because it does not even offer a drop-down menu. So, enter your search terms, choose the first suggestion. If that is wrong, re-enter your search terms, choose the second listing, if that is wrong... 140 times for just that one listing. 2- Part way through the linking process (just 10 products in), the app started telling me to link products I had already linked (it lost all my work). Support said I had not completed the process. I replied that I have 577 products to link and was in the middle of it when the app deleted all I had already done, and 3- The prior, perfectly fine app, was FREE.

ELLIS MFG. CO.

Thanks for adding the sales tax option. Let's keep making this better. Still expensive for what it is but Shopify put merchants in a tight spot on this one.

September 22, 2021

Thanks for the feedback.
We have implemented a new process in Settings, giving you the option to import Sales tax to Shopify Orders.
The confusion lies with the native Shopify app not handling the marketplace facilitated tax correctly. This is a new requirement from Amazon, whereby they withhold sales tax on your behalf.
If we by default transmit sales tax to your store when Amazon is withholding it, you may remit tax twice.
The options are:
We can set things up to honour what Amazon says about sales tax (the default)
We can switch to handling tax as if it was a sale on your checkout (use Shopify tax rules)
This is a common question and our support staff are well trained on it.

The Costume Kitty

Transitioned from Shopify App, which was pure garbage compared to this. Price is still a little high, but it certainly offers a simplicity that the previous app did not have. Way easier to understand, and the 1 click Offer Activate button is a true hero. Probably saved me about 5 minutes per product. Just put in the UPC, price, and the normal details and click "Activate". Boom...its on Amazon 20 minutes later. Their live chat support has been flawless, and took the time to answer all my questions thoroughly. Honestly, this is probably the reason to get this over others. Big shoutout to Josh to helped me for an hour or so going through each major error Amazon was throwing at me. We came out the end of that chat battle hardened Amazon pro-integrators. 1 Recommendation, CAN YOU PLEASE rename the Channel to Amazon somehow in Analytics? Now when I compare year over year, nothing will match up because the previous app Channel was just called Amazon. A small gripe clearly.

September 22, 2021

Thanks so much for your review!
We are so glad you are fully on board, understand the process easily. Found our support team interaction flawless and become a battle hardened Amazon Pro-Integrator 🙂🙂
It almost sounds like a 5 Star 😉

Rock Atoll

Overall good. Their help documentation to migrate from existing Shopify Amazon sales channel is helpful but the app is not designed well and still has lots that could be improved upon. If you're migrating from the old Shopify Amazon selling channel you'll probably find the many new options they provide confusing. Syncing products has been a pain due to the design of the backend. Hopefully they will redesign it to make it easier to use. I liked the old Shopify app where you could select the Amazon product (which showed a thumbnail as well as had the variant names written out clearly) and then select the corresponding Shopify product and link all your variations. The current set up with a long list of ASIN in a spreadsheet format isn't very user friendly. It's not clear what the product I'm linking to is as it is only identified by it's ASIN. On the plus side, support has been quick to respond to my emails and are currently working with me to try and fix it. Hopefully we'll get it working. Will update.

Shire City Herbals

I wanted to update my review for anyone who might have seen it. I had a very hard time linking our ASINs to this app and getting in touch with support, but in the last day, Luke from their company reached out and has been personally fixing the listings that didn't sync correctly which has been a big help in getting our FBM orders to pass into Shopify. I'm glad I was able to get some help directly from the app to make sure our ASINs worked the way we needed them to.

August 19, 2021

Thank you for your review update, this is really appreciated.
It can be a complex and frustrating process sometimes, but I am glad we were able to support you, and help you with your listings. Please reach out should you need any further assistance.

Luke

SWELL Wakesurf

Works well sometimes. Some nice features like inventory buffer. Ability to link products is unreliable and hard to troubleshoot. App has potential, but is still working through some beta type issues. Their management team has been responsive, but some of the the issues it caused have wasted a fair amount of my time.