Amazon channel

Amazon channel

by Shopify

Sell on Amazon by listing your products and managing orders.

Ewing Athletics

Very confusing, but worked good for a few weeks syncing orders and inventory....however Amazon orders no longer transmit to Shopify and inventory no longer is deducted out of Shopify inventory when an item is sold on Amazon which is going to cause issues for sure.....Support on both sides is useless as no one understands the issue at hand

Kamsbeautybox

Absolutely useless for sellers outside the USA. We're UK based, there's no solution for us?!

R Unning

Useless unless you are based in the. Apparently there is no international release date.

Great2bhome

Come on Shopify team, you can do better than this!! Please??

Mike Nash Illustration Store

I went through the entire process of setting up an Amazon Europe Seller Account only to find out that this App can only be linked with an Amazon America Seller Account. Yet nowhere on Shopify did I find any information that would suggest this fact.

My main reason to join Shopify was to sell via Amazon. I'm now stuck with an annual subscription to Shopify and an Amazon Europe Seller Account that I can't use!

Waste of time and money. Shopify must sync this App with Amazon Europe too, otherwise they'll continue to lose customers. Businesses do exist outside of America and we'd like to be included!

Dishmaster Faucet

Other reviewers have made many valid points about the difficulties of integration, but, if your products should be listed on Amazon it is better that you do it as a Shopify channel. It is more work than it should be to sync products. However, once accomplished, it is much less work for day-to-day operations.

Letsbuylocal

The best thing Shopify has done for me since I have had them because now our products actually sell. Amazon charging 30% of every transaction is the worst thing they have done for me and they don't tell you that Amazon throttles all new stores to 10 products a week for the first 4 weeks, so you think something is broke when it is not. It does the job, I wish that Shopify is an Amazon company that we would get a break on this 30% from Amazon if we use Shopify. So that instead of 30% they would take like 20% or something less. The app itself is a bit confusing but once you get the hang of it works awesome. The best advice I can give you is everything you do is delayed by 24 hours. So if you post something and you're waiting for something to happen.. just keep waiting because it takes up to 24 hours for this app to make changes, so it looks like it's broke when it's really not. Also, BE WARNED. Amazon puts a cap on all new sellers so if you're pushing out more than 10 new products a week trying to load up your product catalog forget about it. They only let you publish sync 10 new products week for the first 4 weeks of your Amazon store. I wish someone would have told me that, I spent hours thinking it was broken when in fact Amazon just throttles the publishing on all new stores to 10 new products a week. Check us out.. http://sexyhackers.com

Barnett Products

We were thrilled when we heard that Shopify would be integrating with Amazon. But we have been sorely disappointed so far. It feels like a closed beta that is no where near ready to launch publicly.

Syncing is a nightmare, we've had a team of two people spend days on this already and we still aren't finished. Not only is the syncing process manual, there is no product lookup and the products seem to be in chronological order from the date you loaded them on Amazon. So good luck hitting "next page" a thousand times so you can go back and sync something you just added or missed on the first go round -there's no other way to get back to it.

Unlike all of the multi-channel inventory management tools we have subscribed to in the past, Shopify is incapable of allowing you to designate that you want to allow oversell/backorder on Shopify but do not want to allow oversell on Amazon.

Shopify does not allow you to export your "transfers" (incoming stock purchase orders) so if you use an inventory re-order planner have fun entering all of your PO's twice into separate systems.

We were stoked when we found out you can create a new Amazon listing by pushing from Shopify to Amazon, until we tried it. Yes, it is possible but I wouldn't call it a convenience or an improvement.

Getting our shipping system set back up after integrating was also a nightmare. We were able to shut down the duplicate orders and eventually set up new rules for packing lists, but it was onerous.

Pricing does not sync. If you update a price on Shopify you have to open several menu's to manually update the price for Amazon...or update the price manually on Amazon. And v. versa.

All in all, if you are subscribing to a multi-channel inventory management tool you will probably want to hold off until Shopify develops this integration further. It could be a godsend if executed correctly -fingers crossed for the future.

Cool Cat Designs

Update: a year later, almost no improvements were made to the channel. When I have an issue like listings stuck in processing (which happens on a regular basis) I have to email Shopify Support and have them escalate the case to a specialist so they can fix it. They have refused to give me a damn button so I could do it by myself. There's still no basic search function. If I want to edit the first listing I uploaded I have to scroll through dozens of pages to get to it. Absolutely ridiculous. And worst of all: every time that shopify syncs the quantity with Amazon (every time you sell something), it will push the handling time into Amazon again. So let's say around the holidays your handling times increase - there is absolutely no way to update them all. you can update them in bulk via seller central but Shopify will overwrite your settings the next time you sell something. Again, absolutely ridiculous.

Well, it works - mostly. If you only list products in the clothing category this app will allow you to push them to Amazon and will track Amazon orders in Shopify.
But that's where the fun ends. Many aspects of this app make it feel like it wasn't thoroughly tested with real products. A few examples:
1. No ability to search/filter products already pushed to Amazon.
2. No ability to mass update product variants. If you have a shirt with 5 sizes and 6 colors, that's 30 variants. If you want to increase the price of all variants by $1, you'll have to scroll through all of them and do it manually. If you have 500 products you want to edit, be prepared to spend weeks on that. This is also true for other variables, such as production time.
3. No support for GTIN exemption. Even though I have the exemption from Amazon, Shopify will not attempt to push over a listing without a UPC.
4. No logs or useful error messages. Some of my products have been synchronizing for weeks now. A few have failed. All I have is a status symbol and if I want to find out what's going on I have to write to the support team.
5. No option to deactivate some variants and later reactivate them
6. No option to re-link an Amazon product to a different product in Shopify.

All that being said, there have been a few updates recently to make this channel better. one of the notable examples are that it now automatically uses the images associated with your products/variants, which saves a lot of time and clicks. If they keep improving it I'll come back to increase my score.

Activrc

Installed and got my Amazon Seller linked.
Only to find out that I can only post my shopify products under the category of Clothing and Accessories on Amazon.
I have a hobby store and need the Hobby or Toys category.
I was told by Shopify support that I will need to post my products manually on Amazon then link to my Shopify.
Over a hundred products. Nope. Useless.
Uninstalled and moving on.
I hope their Ebay sales Channel when released wont behave like this.
Im forced to put atleast 1 star - I want to put ZERO star!