Amazon channel

Amazon channel

by Shopify

Sell on Amazon by listing your products and managing orders.

Modelsupplies

The app itself is great, though sometimes a bit slow to update information between say Stamps.com and Amazon, but it does it.

I'm left wondering what is the point with Shopify, however. I have still not had any sales that came through Shopify alone. Amazon does all the sales and I have sent a few through Shopify using eBay.

So is this app only making me think I need Shopify when Shopify is only taking credit for Amazon sales? That's what I wonder. Of course, I need an independent platform and Shopify let me hook up Oberlo and Printful - which while very cool, have ALSO had no sales yet.

We shall see.

Cee Bee Llc

Bit of a learning curve, but it has more than paid for the Amazon Pro account fees and then some. Here are some thoughts after 1.5 months.

I use the Amazon / Shopify integration for drop shipping POD items. Currently I have over 200 listings active and adding more each week.

Despite what is put out, you CAN *link* Shopify items with any item you have created a listing for on Amazon.com. However, the Shopify Amazon App will only automatically create and link up a select few *clothing* items in the app itself.

If you want to link your Shopify items with items on Amazon you need to manually create a listing on Amazon.com via a flat file upload or through the Amazon.com "Create a Listing" page. You must then link your Shopify store with your Amazon Pro Seller account and it will scan and detect you listings on Amazon. IF the listing meet certian criteria (in stock, not FBA) you will be given the option to link you shopify and amazon product. Shopify will check your Amazon account about every 6 hours to see if any new products have been added or removed.

This has been a usefull tool (and hey,who doesn't love free :)), but still a bit rough around the edges. It's worth getting and learning to use.

The Daughter Who Sews

We cant rate this because we aren't able to use the Amazon integration. We were told by Shopify (AFTER changing all of our over 3000 listings) that the Amazon integration is currently only for clothing and jewelry. This isn't mentioned ANYWHERE in the information about the Amazon integration that we could find. We wish this worked for us....but it doesn't.

Wakeboss

This is still officially in Beta, according to the Shopify Guru's. That being said, we are having MANY issues that makes this almost unusable.

1.The sync with Amazon for orders once shipped used to take 10 minutes, now it takes several hours.

2. The link between products on Amazon and Shopify does not work at least 50% of the time. When you add a new product, you are supposed to link to the Amazon product. You will wait days for anything to show up, and then not everything does. Now, you need to keep inventory in sync in 2 places because when a product sells on Amazon it is not updating Shopify due to the lack of links.

3. Searching for Amazon products to see what they are linked to is terrible, and Shopify admits this. They do not have any way to search, you just have to look through PAGES of products until you may finally find the correct one. If it was never linked, you will never find it.

These are the main issues, but other exist. If they can't get this fixed, it will be an issue. Right now we are stuck every time something sells, having to go back through the list and fixing the quantity in Shopify.

Could it be good, YES! It is a long way from it at this point.

Jeannienmini

In terms of processing the amazon order via Shopify Order page, it's pretty good. It automatically updates the shipment status and tracking numbers, etc. to Amazon Seller Central page. It takes about 15 min to upload.

However, there are a lot of bugs that need to be fixed. It's really cumbersome to list products on Amazon via Shopify. I have a retail store and all of my products are made by other manufacturers and most of them are already on Amazon. So the app supposed to search and find the item on Amazon and link my shop to that existing product listing. This works only half the times. So then you have to create the listing on Amazon Seller Central and try to link the listing to Shopify using this app, but again, it sometimes works but doesn't work in many cases. I keep getting an error message when I try to list my latest apparel collection to Amazon and I have been talking with the support team for over several weeks but it's still now working.
Initially, I thought that by ticking on the 'Amazon' button in sales channel on the product page, it will link the item to Amazon (like it does on Houzz.com), but that button doesn't do anything. You cannot bulk delete/de-list items. You have to individually go into each product listing and de-list. But you cannot search a particular item on the amazon listing page so it takes a long time to find the item that you are trying to edit or delete.
Overall, you cannot rely on this app yet. It needs a lot of improvement.

Combatflipflops

We are a footwear (Flip Flops) manufacturer that can't list our footwear through the integration. Why would you put out such a limited release?

Bummer.

Speedsquareholder Com

Well the app is helping me with my Amazon.com orders by giving me the ability to print invoices and fulfill them in the Shopify page without bouncing between both web sites to get all my orders out.
Right now amazon is doing more with the sales but I hope to see more sales on Shopify soon. I sell to the world and Amazon has many sites like (amazon.CA) for Canada and (amazon.UK) for United Kingdom so I still must use those but have been told that Shopify is working on bring them on board too.

Sc Equine

I LOVE the Amazon app... It makes it SO much easier to keep track of my orders when they are all in one place!! I have sales accounts in quite a few different places, and I absolutely LOVE being able to see as many orders as possible in one place, without having to pay a ridiculous fee to another app for the service.

To me, shipping labels are easier through Shopify than through Amazon, as well.

The only thing I would like to see added is the ability to create new listings for Amazon through the app... Right now, you have to create a listing on Amazon itself, import the listings, and then you have the option to merge those listings with your existing Shopify listings. I'd really love to be able to send listings from Shopify to Amazon, but I'm sure that will come with time.

All in all, it's a GREAT tool, would definitely recommend it to make life easier.

Savage Field Hockey

So far so good. Being using it for a month or so and getting some sales during our 'off' season. Not as straight forward as hoped, but looking for further growth the coming months at www.savagefieldhockey.com

Ksdinc

RUN, do not walk, away from this app. I sell apparel (kaelismith,com), I'm an approved brand on Amazon, my products have UPC codes--in other words, everything you need to sell on Amazon.

Tried listing a product----and have to manually add the images (the feed doesn't send the images), have to manually input the prices (the feed doesn't send the prices), have to manually edit the description (the feed doesn't populate the five bullet points), have to manually do just about everything.

This app should never have been released by Shopify. It's useless.