Amazon channel

Amazon channel

by Shopify

Sell on Amazon by listing your products and managing orders.

Cool Cat Designs

Update: a year later, almost no improvements were made to the channel. When I have an issue like listings stuck in processing (which happens on a regular basis) I have to email Shopify Support and have them escalate the case to a specialist so they can fix it. They have refused to give me a damn button so I could do it by myself. There's still no basic search function. If I want to edit the first listing I uploaded I have to scroll through dozens of pages to get to it. Absolutely ridiculous. And worst of all: every time that shopify syncs the quantity with Amazon (every time you sell something), it will push the handling time into Amazon again. So let's say around the holidays your handling times increase - there is absolutely no way to update them all. you can update them in bulk via seller central but Shopify will overwrite your settings the next time you sell something. Again, absolutely ridiculous.

Well, it works - mostly. If you only list products in the clothing category this app will allow you to push them to Amazon and will track Amazon orders in Shopify.
But that's where the fun ends. Many aspects of this app make it feel like it wasn't thoroughly tested with real products. A few examples:
1. No ability to search/filter products already pushed to Amazon.
2. No ability to mass update product variants. If you have a shirt with 5 sizes and 6 colors, that's 30 variants. If you want to increase the price of all variants by $1, you'll have to scroll through all of them and do it manually. If you have 500 products you want to edit, be prepared to spend weeks on that. This is also true for other variables, such as production time.
3. No support for GTIN exemption. Even though I have the exemption from Amazon, Shopify will not attempt to push over a listing without a UPC.
4. No logs or useful error messages. Some of my products have been synchronizing for weeks now. A few have failed. All I have is a status symbol and if I want to find out what's going on I have to write to the support team.
5. No option to deactivate some variants and later reactivate them
6. No option to re-link an Amazon product to a different product in Shopify.

All that being said, there have been a few updates recently to make this channel better. one of the notable examples are that it now automatically uses the images associated with your products/variants, which saves a lot of time and clicks. If they keep improving it I'll come back to increase my score.

Selecart

I installed and completed all the necessary details.
after uploading only 30 product.
an error popped up your weekly limit is over and bla blaa.

The Shirt Dudes

IT IS GOOD: if your store has 100% print-on-demand dropship fulfillment, then it is great! None of your own physical products, just dropship, then yes!

IT IS TERRIBLE: if you have any of your own products, it will terrible because the orders are duplicated. That means your shipping-station also duplicates. Confusing like crazy!

Careful too, make sure Amazon gets the shipping tracking updated or else Amazon say you're late! Which closes your account down until it is resolved.

Hard Tail Forever

I WANT this app to work so badly. It is critical to have an automated and reliable mechanism to connect your Shopify product catalog to Amazon. I trust Shopify to do this. And I love that they make it free. Great first stab at it Shopify!

For me, connecting to Amazon is mission C-R-I-T-I-C-A-L. I've been using the app for months now. It does exactly what it claims to do...without fail. Fine. However, it does NOT give you the automation or control necessary to be considered a serious tool for powersellers.

Here is why:

*You are forced to synch orders with Amazon. My POS already synch with Amazon. Now I have duplicate orders. Just offer an option not to synch!

*It can not created new listings on Amazon automatically. You have to manually add UPS codes, choose images, and pick categories for every single product you choose to add. Why!? Let people upload a bulk CSV file of UPC codes, and let the app automatically assign them. Default image selection ALL images, unless otherwise specified. Add an Amazon category field just like you already do for Google product categories in the product database. Let merchants upload these categories in a catalog import workflow, just like we already do with Google PLA's.

*Because of the point above, it's impossible to "bulk" add products. Folks, come on! Forcing merchants to upload one at a time? This alone kills the feasibility of using this tool. I will be cycling up to 1,000/month through my store when I'm running at 100% steam in a few months. The app must automate bulk product adds.

*The app does not keep track of the products you've already added to Amazon using the app itself. Just add some indicator to track current Amazon synched products. Easy. I'm actually more interested in a way to see what I "don't" have synched yet with Amazon.

*When printing packing slips using Shopify's Order Printer, it is not clear what-so-ever that the order originated from Amazon. That has created much customer confusion because they don't realize they have received an amazon order.

This is all just off the top of my head. I think there where more issues, but my review is already too long to read.

I'm begging you Shopify. Please prioritize fixing this app. My sales increased 1,000% when I learned how to sell effectively on Amazon. This app is probably mission critical, or will soon be, to more sellers than just me.

Shirtasaurusprime

Overall its in beta, And doesn't exactly work as they say. But it has alot of promise. It feel like it was a app to check a box so they can say they integrate without actually applying efforts into after release. But ill wait for the update, it could be amazing.

Jeannienmini

In terms of processing the amazon order via Shopify Order page, it's pretty good. It automatically updates the shipment status and tracking numbers, etc. to Amazon Seller Central page. It takes about 15 min to upload.

However, there are a lot of bugs that need to be fixed. It's really cumbersome to list products on Amazon via Shopify. I have a retail store and all of my products are made by other manufacturers and most of them are already on Amazon. So the app supposed to search and find the item on Amazon and link my shop to that existing product listing. This works only half the times. So then you have to create the listing on Amazon Seller Central and try to link the listing to Shopify using this app, but again, it sometimes works but doesn't work in many cases. I keep getting an error message when I try to list my latest apparel collection to Amazon and I have been talking with the support team for over several weeks but it's still now working.
Initially, I thought that by ticking on the 'Amazon' button in sales channel on the product page, it will link the item to Amazon (like it does on Houzz.com), but that button doesn't do anything. You cannot bulk delete/de-list items. You have to individually go into each product listing and de-list. But you cannot search a particular item on the amazon listing page so it takes a long time to find the item that you are trying to edit or delete.
Overall, you cannot rely on this app yet. It needs a lot of improvement.

Combatflipflops

We are a footwear (Flip Flops) manufacturer that can't list our footwear through the integration. Why would you put out such a limited release?

Bummer.

Mommysketchpad

This app does not help those of us with custom dropshipping products that do not require GTIN/UPC numbers. They need to correct this issue otherwise it's not possible to push products on to the AMZ platform without having to manually link every single product.

Artisan Bound Llc

Apparel only, I use Handmade Amazon no use here. Need to be refined.

www.ArtisanBound.com

Darby Creek Studios

Below is a review I wrote several months ago where the app actually destroyed my Amazon listings. Thought I would give it another try to just link my Amazon listings to my Shopify listings. Works about 80% of the time. I have spent hours unlinking and relinking the same listings over and over again. I have been a Shopify customer for 2.5 years and love the product, but the Amazon app simply does not work consistently and there is no support. I have contacted Shopify several times and while the support staff has always tried to help they keep "elevating" it to a higher level and they NEVER get back with me. I've increase my rating from a one start to a 2 star because it does work sometimes. If you only have a handful of products this app may work good, but anyone with hundreds or thousands of or products it's not worth the time.

By the way - I love Shopify. My highly critical review of this Amazon APP is after spending dozens of hours trying to get it to work. Not only is is buggy it has destroyed dozens of my listings on Amazon.

Today I discovered that 27 of my Amazon listings were "suppressed" and the Shopify app deleted almost all of my information related to these products on Amazon, so there was no way to restore them without deleting them on Amazon and relisting them.

After contacting tech support I was told it wasn't possible for the application to delete information - BUT IT DID.

This APP may work very well for an Apparel shop as you are suppose to be able to create a listing on Amazon. If you are not an Apparel store this app is only good for synchronizing inventory IF you link the products and if the bugs are fixed. I would proceed with great caution in linking these product UNLESS the product title and the SKU are EXACTLY the same on Amazon and Shopify. I would test items that are not critical to you business.

I have tried numerous apps on Shopify and this is the very first time I have run into a situation where the APP destroyed any data (my listings on Amazon).

However - I am sure Shopify will debug this and make it available to more than apparel merchants. This product was announced in May of 2015 and we still don't have a working beta as of January, 2017.

If you are an Apparel store this is certainly worth look at bearing in mind this is a Beta and has a long way to go. If a feature is not working it would be nice if Shopify would state that on the application so shops are not wasting time and effort. It would also cut down on tech support calls for a product that is not nearly ready.

The good news is when this app is debugged and available to most vendors this will be an absolutely fantastic app! Keep an eye on this one. For now proceed with extreme caution.

2 Next