Amazon channel

Amazon channel

by Shopify

Sell on Amazon by listing your products and managing orders.

Icy Craft

I never used this app to create listings, because it only works for certain categories, none of which my products apply. I only use it to reconcile item quantities, which it succeeds, and to enter orders. It used to succeed there, but now it doesn't. It never entered my amazon.ca orders, but I expected that. Now it doesn't even take the "Amazon Prime" orders, even though they really don't differ from regular orders at all.

Sachastyles

Wow! A monthly fee and a referral fee! highway robbery!

Spirit Jersey

App is terrible if you sell products with variations. Not being able to group settings/updates together for like skus is extremely silly.

Needs mass update function for like SKUs. Also needs to pass UPC when available even if you select "made by me".

Ewing Athletics

Very confusing, but worked good for a few weeks syncing orders and inventory....however Amazon orders no longer transmit to Shopify and inventory no longer is deducted out of Shopify inventory when an item is sold on Amazon which is going to cause issues for sure.....Support on both sides is useless as no one understands the issue at hand

Great2bhome

Come on Shopify team, you can do better than this!! Please??

Barnett Products

We were thrilled when we heard that Shopify would be integrating with Amazon. But we have been sorely disappointed so far. It feels like a closed beta that is no where near ready to launch publicly.

Syncing is a nightmare, we've had a team of two people spend days on this already and we still aren't finished. Not only is the syncing process manual, there is no product lookup and the products seem to be in chronological order from the date you loaded them on Amazon. So good luck hitting "next page" a thousand times so you can go back and sync something you just added or missed on the first go round -there's no other way to get back to it.

Unlike all of the multi-channel inventory management tools we have subscribed to in the past, Shopify is incapable of allowing you to designate that you want to allow oversell/backorder on Shopify but do not want to allow oversell on Amazon.

Shopify does not allow you to export your "transfers" (incoming stock purchase orders) so if you use an inventory re-order planner have fun entering all of your PO's twice into separate systems.

We were stoked when we found out you can create a new Amazon listing by pushing from Shopify to Amazon, until we tried it. Yes, it is possible but I wouldn't call it a convenience or an improvement.

Getting our shipping system set back up after integrating was also a nightmare. We were able to shut down the duplicate orders and eventually set up new rules for packing lists, but it was onerous.

Pricing does not sync. If you update a price on Shopify you have to open several menu's to manually update the price for Amazon...or update the price manually on Amazon. And v. versa.

All in all, if you are subscribing to a multi-channel inventory management tool you will probably want to hold off until Shopify develops this integration further. It could be a godsend if executed correctly -fingers crossed for the future.

Cool Cat Designs

Update: a year later, almost no improvements were made to the channel. When I have an issue like listings stuck in processing (which happens on a regular basis) I have to email Shopify Support and have them escalate the case to a specialist so they can fix it. They have refused to give me a damn button so I could do it by myself. There's still no basic search function. If I want to edit the first listing I uploaded I have to scroll through dozens of pages to get to it. Absolutely ridiculous. And worst of all: every time that shopify syncs the quantity with Amazon (every time you sell something), it will push the handling time into Amazon again. So let's say around the holidays your handling times increase - there is absolutely no way to update them all. you can update them in bulk via seller central but Shopify will overwrite your settings the next time you sell something. Again, absolutely ridiculous.

Well, it works - mostly. If you only list products in the clothing category this app will allow you to push them to Amazon and will track Amazon orders in Shopify. But that's where the fun ends. Many aspects of this app make it feel like it wasn't thoroughly tested with real products. A few examples: 1. No ability to search/filter products already pushed to Amazon. 2. No ability to mass update product variants. If you have a shirt with 5 sizes and 6 colors, that's 30 variants. If you want to increase the price of all variants by $1, you'll have to scroll through all of them and do it manually. If you have 500 products you want to edit, be prepared to spend weeks on that. This is also true for other variables, such as production time. 3. No support for GTIN exemption. Even though I have the exemption from Amazon, Shopify will not attempt to push over a listing without a UPC. 4. No logs or useful error messages. Some of my products have been synchronizing for weeks now. A few have failed. All I have is a status symbol and if I want to find out what's going on I have to write to the support team. 5. No option to deactivate some variants and later reactivate them 6. No option to re-link an Amazon product to a different product in Shopify.

All that being said, there have been a few updates recently to make this channel better. one of the notable examples are that it now automatically uses the images associated with your products/variants, which saves a lot of time and clicks. If they keep improving it I'll come back to increase my score.

Selecart

I installed and completed all the necessary details. after uploading only 30 product. an error popped up your weekly limit is over and bla blaa.

The Shirt Dudes

IT IS GOOD: if your store has 100% print-on-demand dropship fulfillment, then it is great! None of your own physical products, just dropship, then yes!

IT IS TERRIBLE: if you have any of your own products, it will terrible because the orders are duplicated. That means your shipping-station also duplicates. Confusing like crazy!

Careful too, make sure Amazon gets the shipping tracking updated or else Amazon say you're late! Which closes your account down until it is resolved.

Hard Tail Forever

I WANT this app to work so badly. It is critical to have an automated and reliable mechanism to connect your Shopify product catalog to Amazon. I trust Shopify to do this. And I love that they make it free. Great first stab at it Shopify!

For me, connecting to Amazon is mission C-R-I-T-I-C-A-L. I've been using the app for months now. It does exactly what it claims to do...without fail. Fine. However, it does NOT give you the automation or control necessary to be considered a serious tool for powersellers.

Here is why:

*You are forced to synch orders with Amazon. My POS already synch with Amazon. Now I have duplicate orders. Just offer an option not to synch!

*It can not created new listings on Amazon automatically. You have to manually add UPS codes, choose images, and pick categories for every single product you choose to add. Why!? Let people upload a bulk CSV file of UPC codes, and let the app automatically assign them. Default image selection ALL images, unless otherwise specified. Add an Amazon category field just like you already do for Google product categories in the product database. Let merchants upload these categories in a catalog import workflow, just like we already do with Google PLA's.

*Because of the point above, it's impossible to "bulk" add products. Folks, come on! Forcing merchants to upload one at a time? This alone kills the feasibility of using this tool. I will be cycling up to 1,000/month through my store when I'm running at 100% steam in a few months. The app must automate bulk product adds.

*The app does not keep track of the products you've already added to Amazon using the app itself. Just add some indicator to track current Amazon synched products. Easy. I'm actually more interested in a way to see what I "don't" have synched yet with Amazon.

*When printing packing slips using Shopify's Order Printer, it is not clear what-so-ever that the order originated from Amazon. That has created much customer confusion because they don't realize they have received an amazon order.

This is all just off the top of my head. I think there where more issues, but my review is already too long to read.

I'm begging you Shopify. Please prioritize fixing this app. My sales increased 1,000% when I learned how to sell effectively on Amazon. This app is probably mission critical, or will soon be, to more sellers than just me.

Previous 1