Announcement Bar & Web Push

Announcement Bar & Web Push

by AAAeCommerce Inc

Free App - Create black friday and sales offer bars & Web Push

Polaris Baby

The app started malfunctioning after a few weeks. It somehow set all my metrics back to zero within the app, such as total push sent, total push clicks, and so on. Seems like the app somehow uninstalled and reinstalled itself in my store, which is super weird. Plus if I try to open the app with mobile, the menu just doesn't show up. On top of all this, it's CONSTANTLY nagging me to upgrade, it's way too irritating.

Lexi May Beauty

This app is ridiculous. Do not use it if you are running a business in South Africa. No idea why you chose to leave only our country off your list and our currency. No other app has done that. Selfish.

Annychloe

Stop installing this app when u see this review,cheap,messed up my page,u should always look through some negative reviews before using.

Absolutely Evo

You want a review- you got one. (Your pop up requesting a review every five seconds after trying to work in the app is SUPER annoying, FYI)

Especially would not recommend for anyone using the Minimal theme (what I use) since I had problems from the start with the bar having alignment and spacing issues.

You'd think that an alignment problem would be an easy enough thing to fix but apparently not. All I can say is this apps support is terrible. They apparently needed access to my store as a collaborator to do the fix, ok fine. But it took them almost two weeks and countless emails and screenshots to center the text on the button. It shouldn't be that hard to fix something so simple. Then a mysterious space/gap showed up (where none had been before) between my bars when they finally fixed the button. When they went to work on that, my cart and search bar went crazy and got totally messed up. This apps support tried to tell me someone else must have messed with the code and caused the problem with my cart and search because their app isn't causing their problem and doesn't interfere with the code. What a joke. They are the only ones who were doing anything with my store all this time, I wasn't working on it or making any changes to anything during this time so whatever got messed up was definitely their fault.

Enough was enough and Shopify support finally helped me sort it all out and fix errors in my code to get my site back to normal. I've deleted this app and wouldn't recommend it to anyone based on my issues with the apps support who only made things worse.

Alakformalo

Messed up my whole site. Slideshows aren't showing, only some gray background...

Spy Web

06/15

Old people say, trust your gut or the first impression about something... I've tried the app, I really do and I've tried to work with Manoj, but not responding for days and seeing how the app is ruining my site it's not right! NOT AT ALL...

Here is the email from Shopify devs team who tried for 5 days to find the issue and resolve it:

"I have taken a look into the issue with your homepage slideshow showing grey instead of showing the slides. I determined this to be caused by a third party app called "Announcement Bar +Web Push Announcement + Countdown Timer + Sales Motivator - FREE" it installs code directly into your theme files that has been found to cause major issues breaking many of the scripts that are setup by default for the theme functionality.

I have commented out this code so it is no longer causing the issue with the slideshow. At this time I would recommend uninstalling that app and looking for an alternative. One that I recommend for announcement bars is Quick announcement bar by Hextom."

I cannot find any flaws in the app itself as I haven't tried yet. Why? Because I am trying to get in touch with them for days...

If they respond and assist me, I will update the review as I think that they don't deserve 1 but I deserve a response to my inquiry :)

05/25 - updated

Manoj contacted me literately 1h after my review, but I've found the way how to integrate the timer by myself...
However, I've had another bug with the bar and Manoj has fixed it super quickly, so thank you for that!

So far great app and I've deleted 2 or 3 apps because with this app I can have all that what I've had with those 3 apps

Gearfashion

Its easyer to make chapati out of oil than use this crap