Apple Business Chat

Apple Business Chat

by Shopify

Let customers contact you directly in Apple’s Messages app

Flowery Arrangements

Everything works great and I am very happy with this addition. There is only thing that bothers me a lot, which was also mentioned on another review:

- Showing another phone number in the info contact card without option to change it.

Once this gets fixed and they add the option to use our own logo I will be more than happy to give it 5 stars.

Sandie Cheeks

I haven't been able to see it on other devices just yet, I feel its a long process to get everything set. Needs a few improvements.

July 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I'd like to discuss the improvements you're hoping to see in more detail, so that I can pass them on to our development team!

I’ve reached out to you via email and look forward to chatting soon. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Barohara Jewelry

Not so good.

It's not possible to set up a business profile image.
Customers can't set their display name. (Appears as "Customer ABC1")
You have to install Shopify's "Ping" app instead of iOS Messages - once you install Ping, it requires connecting to Facebook and starts marketing selling ads on Facebook.

Hi Barohara Jewelry,

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear your experience with Apple Business Chat hasn't been as expected yet.

As this is regarding your private Shopify account we'll reach out to you directly to discuss your experience and help clarify anything that we can!

Look forward to speaking soon.

London Grant

It's been rocky so far. The actual chat feature is cool but I have some issues:
- Can't add logo and color options yet
- Showing my personal phone number without option to change this
- Not able to show Messenger or Apple Chat options together - if y9ou enable both, the icons overlap each other on the screen.
- Shows Apple chat in a non-iOS browser then gives an error message to the user when they click on it. This doesn't happen in the Messenger app
- Can't see the customer's name or email to follow up with them if they need further assistance or to just close out.

Overall, it has promise, but right now it needs some work.

Hi London Grant

Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry to hear that your experience with Apple Business Chat hasn't been as you expected yet.

Logos and color options are something we hope to integrate in the near future.

Within the channel's customization tab you can select where the button appears, which may help resolve the overlapping issue you were having.

We'd be interested in hearing any other feedback you may have and will be reaching out to you directly. We'd also be more than happy to look over the other points you mentioned and work on resolving those as well.

Look forward to speaking soon.

Lucius Atelier

Definitely not a bad app. But there can be tons on improvement, especially when compared with FB Messenger.

Pros:
- Sleek design
- Checkout in the App

Cons (When compared to FB Messenger):
- Don't know customer name.
- Android users can't communicate. (FB is universal)
- Mobile app marketing.

The fact that there are so many people are android users. I am unable to use this over FB Messenger.

Hi Lucius Atelier,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

With such a new product we always appreciate hearing merchant feedback.

Since Apple Business Chat appears to only Apple device users it's totally a matter of personal preference if you'd like to offer a secondary support option such as Facebook Messenger. Apple Business Chat allows you to select the placement of the chat icon, so you can avoid it overlapping with another support option. This can be done in the customization tab in the Apple Business Chat sales channel.

Please feel free to reach out to our support team from the 'Get Support' option found in your Shopify Ping app, if you have questions along the way.

Thanks again and take care!

Urns.com

I installed the App and got the approval, but it shows on the background and if you have pictures or text on top, you cannot access it. I asked Shopify for help and they could not understand what the problem is, so I am stuck. I think it will be great if we get it to work.
The Shopify team got back to me in less than 24 hours, they are working on my issue and will have it solved soon. Thank you, that was fast!

June 27, 2019

Hi Urns.com

Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry to hear your experience with Apple Business Chat hasn't been what you expected as of yet.

As this feedback is regarding your private Shopify account we will reach out to you directly via email to work on a solution!

We look forward to chatting soon.

Untold Time

It's pretty awesome having this as an option. The approval process was easy and done within 2 hours. PLEASE give us the option to add a logo picture for the chat and maybe change the name to the business name instead of it just saying business. THESE are needed NOW.
I am sure as this matures we will actually be able to have the customer checkout within the messages app using Apple Pay and that would be extremely nice.

Microgreens San Francisco

I like the app so far. Things I'd love to see in the future:

1) It would be nice if the customer could see our business name in the header of the text message. The header of the text message my customers see is "Business" and not my business name in their text message box.

2) Business logo would also be a nice default instead of a blank face in the text box the customer sees.

3) Support for multiple users. For example, support for a small sales team to chime in on text messages.

4) Chat logs and chat monitoring if support for a sales team is added.

5) A way for a customer to add his/her information like a name, business, address, phone number etc. that can sync with your customer data base in Shopify. In addition, this option could be saved so the next time a customer messages you you'll know who they are on Ping instead of just a letter and number to a customer. Knowing the name of a customer you chat with is an important part of making them feel connected.

6) A way to send a link to notify an existing customer to use the messaging option instead of having to explain to them that you'd like them to use it.

This app will be close to perfect if you can add all these option. Wishful thinking? Am I asking too much? lol

June 27, 2019

Hi Microgreens San Francisco

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing any type of suggestion or requests for features that could help improve our product.

Your business name should appear to any visitors within 24 hours of setting the feature up. This is something our team is aware of, but it has been resolving itself within that time frame.

As for the logo, this is something on our roadmap. We hope to offer the ability to customize the logo in the near future. 🙂

Customer/visitor information is not something that we're able to provide through the chat feature. This is aligned with Apple's privacy guidelines.

We would be interested to learn more about your needs for multiple users will reach out to you directly to dig further into your request.

Looking forward to speaking to you soon!

The Textamend Editing Company

I rarely write reviews, but I just downloaded this, and it is disappointing. First of all, upon downloading, my shop became immensely slow to load all pages. On top of that, there isn't an option to delete the app from my store after installing, as it doesn't appear in the "Apps" list and is instead shown under "Sales Channels." Because of this, the site is still very slow, which it hadn't been before installing. Separately, if this is intended to replace other live chat features, how does this work for non-Apple users?

June 26, 2019

Thank you for providing feedback, and we’re sorry to hear that your experience with Apple Business Chat hasn’t been as expected yet.

Apple Business Chat will be visible to any visitor to your store who is on an Apple device. We recommend offering another communication method on your store to provide support for non-Apple users.

Apple Business Chat is a sales channel, so you will find it in the left hand navigation menu in your Shopify Administration panel under the “Sales Channel” section. You can manage the Sales Channel itself in the ‘Settings’ > ‘Sales Channels’ section of your Shopify Administration panel.

We’d be more than happy to look into the issue you are experiencing with page loading. We will be reaching out to you directly to investigate why that might be happening and if it’s related to the app.

Men's Heated Beard Comb

Installed it on my store and I've already had several conversations with real customers and one has lead to a sale and another to helping someone find a tracking number in minutes instead of spending hours emailing back and forth. Love this!