Apple Business Chat

Apple Business Chat

by Shopify

Let customers contact you directly in Apple’s Messages app

Scorpion Syndrome Apparel

Great App. I'm very particular about which apps I use and I don't get hung up on all the suggestions but this chat app works great for me. My customers are able to get to me directly if theres an issue with processing an order on store: scorpionsyndrome.com

La Gent

I can’t delete e this app. Support has been no help. It’s so annoying as I can’t remove the button from my site

October 14, 2019

Hello La Gent -
Apple Business Chat is a sales channel, and is managed a bit differently than other apps. When you are logged into your Shopify admin, you will see SALES CHANNELS in the left-side navigation. Click on the "+" sign next to SALES CHANNELS. At the bottom left of the window that opens, click on the link that reads "Manage sales channels". From there you can delete any sales channel that you have installed.

Hope that helps.

Verdable

Agreed with the sentiment of other comments here. The app works, but the lack of customization (i.e. my personal phone number and profile picture attached rather than a store icon) makes it somewhat undesirable. Even very limited customization of the icon or store details would be great.

September 30, 2019

Thank you for writing your review and for providing us with your feedback for the Apple Business Chat app. As the app directly integrates with the Apple ecosystem, the customization options that can be made available from Shopify's end are somewhat limited. However, I can see why being able to edit the features you mentioned would be helpful, so I will be submitting your comments here as a request to our development team to see if they can be implemented in future. Thanks again for providing your feedback and please do reach out at any time if you have any further questions. -Victor, Shopify Support

Akomi Wellness

Pro: Puts all chats into Ping. ApplePay.
Con: Connected to my personal cell number and unable to change it to anything else. :(

September 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and provide us with your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying some aspects of the app, and I hope you've found it beneficial for your business!

In terms of the phone number, Apple requires a number to be present, which is why you'll see it linked to your cellphone. However, the app automatically pulls the number from Settings > General - this means you can change the phone number featured here and it will update for Apple Business Chat as well.

I hope this helps, but I will be reaching out to you by email as well to make sure you're able to do this and see if you require any further assistance. I look forward to hearing back from you. -Victor, Shopify Support

Flowery Arrangements

Everything works great and I am very happy with this addition. There is only thing that bothers me a lot, which was also mentioned on another review:

- Showing another phone number in the info contact card without option to change it.

Once this gets fixed and they add the option to use our own logo I will be more than happy to give it 5 stars.

Sandie Cheeks

I haven't been able to see it on other devices just yet, I feel its a long process to get everything set. Needs a few improvements.

July 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I'd like to discuss the improvements you're hoping to see in more detail, so that I can pass them on to our development team!

I’ve reached out to you via email and look forward to chatting soon. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Barohara Jewelry

Not so good.

It's not possible to set up a business profile image.
Customers can't set their display name. (Appears as "Customer ABC1")
You have to install Shopify's "Ping" app instead of iOS Messages - once you install Ping, it requires connecting to Facebook and starts marketing selling ads on Facebook.

Hi Barohara Jewelry,

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear your experience with Apple Business Chat hasn't been as expected yet.

As this is regarding your private Shopify account we'll reach out to you directly to discuss your experience and help clarify anything that we can!

Look forward to speaking soon.

London Grant

It's been rocky so far. The actual chat feature is cool but I have some issues:
- Can't add logo and color options yet
- Showing my personal phone number without option to change this
- Not able to show Messenger or Apple Chat options together - if y9ou enable both, the icons overlap each other on the screen.
- Shows Apple chat in a non-iOS browser then gives an error message to the user when they click on it. This doesn't happen in the Messenger app
- Can't see the customer's name or email to follow up with them if they need further assistance or to just close out.

Overall, it has promise, but right now it needs some work.

Hi London Grant

Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry to hear that your experience with Apple Business Chat hasn't been as you expected yet.

Logos and color options are something we hope to integrate in the near future.

Within the channel's customization tab you can select where the button appears, which may help resolve the overlapping issue you were having.

We'd be interested in hearing any other feedback you may have and will be reaching out to you directly. We'd also be more than happy to look over the other points you mentioned and work on resolving those as well.

Look forward to speaking soon.

Lucius Atelier

Definitely not a bad app. But there can be tons on improvement, especially when compared with FB Messenger.

Pros:
- Sleek design
- Checkout in the App

Cons (When compared to FB Messenger):
- Don't know customer name.
- Android users can't communicate. (FB is universal)
- Mobile app marketing.

The fact that there are so many people are android users. I am unable to use this over FB Messenger.

Hi Lucius Atelier,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

With such a new product we always appreciate hearing merchant feedback.

Since Apple Business Chat appears to only Apple device users it's totally a matter of personal preference if you'd like to offer a secondary support option such as Facebook Messenger. Apple Business Chat allows you to select the placement of the chat icon, so you can avoid it overlapping with another support option. This can be done in the customization tab in the Apple Business Chat sales channel.

Please feel free to reach out to our support team from the 'Get Support' option found in your Shopify Ping app, if you have questions along the way.

Thanks again and take care!

Urns.com

I installed the App and got the approval, but it shows on the background and if you have pictures or text on top, you cannot access it. I asked Shopify for help and they could not understand what the problem is, so I am stuck. I think it will be great if we get it to work.
The Shopify team got back to me in less than 24 hours, they are working on my issue and will have it solved soon. Thank you, that was fast!

June 27, 2019

Hi Urns.com

Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry to hear your experience with Apple Business Chat hasn't been what you expected as of yet.

As this feedback is regarding your private Shopify account we will reach out to you directly via email to work on a solution!

We look forward to chatting soon.

Previous 1