Apple Business Chat

Apple Business Chat

by Shopify

Let customers contact you directly in Apple’s Messages app

HEALTH & WELLNESS SG

Setup was easy. Yet to see how it perform in terms of functioning and all that. Other than that I have no other comments. Since this has to be a minimum 100 words …. I honestly don’t know what else to type. Its all good?

September 28, 2020

Hello Health & Wellness SG, thanks so much for your review and feedback!

Even if you have comments in the future or more feedback, feel free to update your reply or contact us directly at ping@shopify.com.

Wishing you great success!

Best regards,
Ping Support

Ultra Jumps

I think it's nice that it works with apple devices and it gives your brand an ability to make it all the way to the customers messages group. One thing that worries me is that it takes the customer away from your page. This could effect conversion rates..

September 15, 2020

Hello Ultra Jumps, thank you for your review and great feedback. I will note to our product team your concern about customers migrating away from your website in order to chat. Thank you!

Best regards,
Kit & Ping Support

Spark Entrepreneurship Club

I like this feature. But it is missing a lot that other providers have. Here is some things: Can't link to Apple Business Register. No list, no time slots no adding business to apple directory. It needs these features. It would be good if you could respond to people with just a phone app but a web portal that customer service agents could use.

September 15, 2020

Hi Spark Entrepreneurship Club, thank you for your review! Shopify Ping is a Shopify app, and cannot be merged with an existing Apple Business Account. A web portal is a great idea though, and I will bring that to our product team, thank you!

Best regards
Kit & Ping Support

langduvnsec

adasdasdasasddasdasdasdasasdasdadsdasdasasddsdaasdasddasasasasasasasasasasasasasadssasasasasasasasasasasasasasaQsasasasasasasasa

Mels Crafty Mojo LLC

App does not provide ANY identifying characteristics of the customer (and states as much within the chat, saying its to protect their identity). Unfortunately, this can lead to confusion and frustration for the customers when we have to ask for the information. Most customers are used to chats where the business knows who they are talking to from the start, so this makes it look like we don't know what we're doing and the customers lose confidence.
Also, the chat allows customers to upload attachments, but there is no way for us to access the attachments! So a customer uploads a screenshot, or some other file, and we just get a notification that an attachment has been uploaded, and all we can do is tell the customer "Sorry, I can't look at what you're trying to show me."
There are MUCH MUCH better chat apps available.

March 9, 2020

Thanks for reaching out with these details about your experience using Apple Business Chat. I understand your frustration with customers not being identifiable, and I appreciate you sharing this feedback. I will pass this along to our teams so that they can see how this is impacting your business.

In terms of customers not being able to upload attachments, I'd like to look into this closer. I'm going to send you an email shortly so that we can discuss this in more detail and investigate further. Thanks! - Rae, Shopify Support

Scorpion Syndrome Apparel

Great App. I'm very particular about which apps I use and I don't get hung up on all the suggestions but this chat app works great for me. My customers are able to get to me directly if theres an issue with processing an order on store: scorpionsyndrome.com

La Gent

I can’t delete e this app. Support has been no help. It’s so annoying as I can’t remove the button from my site

October 14, 2019

Hello La Gent -
Apple Business Chat is a sales channel, and is managed a bit differently than other apps. When you are logged into your Shopify admin, you will see SALES CHANNELS in the left-side navigation. Click on the "+" sign next to SALES CHANNELS. At the bottom left of the window that opens, click on the link that reads "Manage sales channels". From there you can delete any sales channel that you have installed.

Hope that helps.

Verdable

Agreed with the sentiment of other comments here. The app works, but the lack of customization (i.e. my personal phone number and profile picture attached rather than a store icon) makes it somewhat undesirable. Even very limited customization of the icon or store details would be great.

September 30, 2019

Thank you for writing your review and for providing us with your feedback for the Apple Business Chat app. As the app directly integrates with the Apple ecosystem, the customization options that can be made available from Shopify's end are somewhat limited. However, I can see why being able to edit the features you mentioned would be helpful, so I will be submitting your comments here as a request to our development team to see if they can be implemented in future. Thanks again for providing your feedback and please do reach out at any time if you have any further questions. -Victor, Shopify Support

Akomi Wellness

Pro: Puts all chats into Ping. ApplePay.
Con: Connected to my personal cell number and unable to change it to anything else. :(

September 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and provide us with your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying some aspects of the app, and I hope you've found it beneficial for your business!

In terms of the phone number, Apple requires a number to be present, which is why you'll see it linked to your cellphone. However, the app automatically pulls the number from Settings > General - this means you can change the phone number featured here and it will update for Apple Business Chat as well.

I hope this helps, but I will be reaching out to you by email as well to make sure you're able to do this and see if you require any further assistance. I look forward to hearing back from you. -Victor, Shopify Support

Flowery Arrangements

Everything works great and I am very happy with this addition. There is only thing that bothers me a lot, which was also mentioned on another review:

- Showing another phone number in the info contact card without option to change it.

Once this gets fixed and they add the option to use our own logo I will be more than happy to give it 5 stars.

Previous 1