Apple Business Chat

Apple Business Chat

by Shopify

Let customers contact you directly in Apple’s Messages app

Untold Time

It's pretty awesome having this as an option. The approval process was easy and done within 2 hours. PLEASE give us the option to add a logo picture for the chat and maybe change the name to the business name instead of it just saying business. THESE are needed NOW.
I am sure as this matures we will actually be able to have the customer checkout within the messages app using Apple Pay and that would be extremely nice.

Microgreens San Francisco

I like the app so far. Things I'd love to see in the future:

1) It would be nice if the customer could see our business name in the header of the text message. The header of the text message my customers see is "Business" and not my business name in their text message box.

2) Business logo would also be a nice default instead of a blank face in the text box the customer sees.

3) Support for multiple users. For example, support for a small sales team to chime in on text messages.

4) Chat logs and chat monitoring if support for a sales team is added.

5) A way for a customer to add his/her information like a name, business, address, phone number etc. that can sync with your customer data base in Shopify. In addition, this option could be saved so the next time a customer messages you you'll know who they are on Ping instead of just a letter and number to a customer. Knowing the name of a customer you chat with is an important part of making them feel connected.

6) A way to send a link to notify an existing customer to use the messaging option instead of having to explain to them that you'd like them to use it.

This app will be close to perfect if you can add all these option. Wishful thinking? Am I asking too much? lol

June 27, 2019

Hi Microgreens San Francisco

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing any type of suggestion or requests for features that could help improve our product.

Your business name should appear to any visitors within 24 hours of setting the feature up. This is something our team is aware of, but it has been resolving itself within that time frame.

As for the logo, this is something on our roadmap. We hope to offer the ability to customize the logo in the near future. 🙂

Customer/visitor information is not something that we're able to provide through the chat feature. This is aligned with Apple's privacy guidelines.

We would be interested to learn more about your needs for multiple users will reach out to you directly to dig further into your request.

Looking forward to speaking to you soon!

The Textamend Editing Company

I rarely write reviews, but I just downloaded this, and it is disappointing. First of all, upon downloading, my shop became immensely slow to load all pages. On top of that, there isn't an option to delete the app from my store after installing, as it doesn't appear in the "Apps" list and is instead shown under "Sales Channels." Because of this, the site is still very slow, which it hadn't been before installing. Separately, if this is intended to replace other live chat features, how does this work for non-Apple users?

June 26, 2019

Thank you for providing feedback, and we’re sorry to hear that your experience with Apple Business Chat hasn’t been as expected yet.

Apple Business Chat will be visible to any visitor to your store who is on an Apple device. We recommend offering another communication method on your store to provide support for non-Apple users.

Apple Business Chat is a sales channel, so you will find it in the left hand navigation menu in your Shopify Administration panel under the “Sales Channel” section. You can manage the Sales Channel itself in the ‘Settings’ > ‘Sales Channels’ section of your Shopify Administration panel.

We’d be more than happy to look into the issue you are experiencing with page loading. We will be reaching out to you directly to investigate why that might be happening and if it’s related to the app.

Men's Heated Beard Comb

Installed it on my store and I've already had several conversations with real customers and one has lead to a sale and another to helping someone find a tracking number in minutes instead of spending hours emailing back and forth. Love this!

2 Next