Apple Business Chat

Apple Business Chat

by Shopify

Let customers contact you directly in Apple’s Messages app

Khalsa Raj

Need to change my phone number that is on Apple business chat - as it's not even my mobile number - should be 5083338162 rather than 5083768162 - please change - which is our landline #

TheArtistsQuarter

Just awful. Horribly clunky to set up. The whole Kit/Ping experience is horrendous....................................................

February 3, 2021

Hello TheArtistsQuarter, thank you for your honest feedback and review! I'd love to get more information from you regarding the frustrations you have with the sales channels and the app. Perhaps I can address them, and help smooth out the clunkiness.

I will be sending you a separate and private email, hoping we can work together. Thank you again!

Best regards,
Veronica N.
Senior Support Specialist - Ping / Kit

سوق هلال

Hi, since you know that this service is unavailable in my Country, then why you make it an option for me? at least give me a warning before wasting my time trying hard to set it up!

November 16, 2020

Hello سوق هلال, thank you for your review and feedback. Our apologies regarding Kit - it is actually available in all countries but only on IOS devices at the moment. We could have made that more clear, sorry.

Shopify Chat however, is available to everyone who also downloads the Shopify Ping app onto their phone device or uses the desktop version located at shopifyping. com.

I will follow up personally to see if there is anything I can help you with. Thank you again!

Best regards,
Veronica N.
Senior Support Specialist - Ping

Mels Crafty Mojo LLC

App does not provide ANY identifying characteristics of the customer (and states as much within the chat, saying its to protect their identity). Unfortunately, this can lead to confusion and frustration for the customers when we have to ask for the information. Most customers are used to chats where the business knows who they are talking to from the start, so this makes it look like we don't know what we're doing and the customers lose confidence.
Also, the chat allows customers to upload attachments, but there is no way for us to access the attachments! So a customer uploads a screenshot, or some other file, and we just get a notification that an attachment has been uploaded, and all we can do is tell the customer "Sorry, I can't look at what you're trying to show me."
There are MUCH MUCH better chat apps available.

March 9, 2020

Thanks for reaching out with these details about your experience using Apple Business Chat. I understand your frustration with customers not being identifiable, and I appreciate you sharing this feedback. I will pass this along to our teams so that they can see how this is impacting your business.

In terms of customers not being able to upload attachments, I'd like to look into this closer. I'm going to send you an email shortly so that we can discuss this in more detail and investigate further. Thanks! - Rae, Shopify Support

La Gent

I can’t delete e this app. Support has been no help. It’s so annoying as I can’t remove the button from my site

October 14, 2019

Hello La Gent -
Apple Business Chat is a sales channel, and is managed a bit differently than other apps. When you are logged into your Shopify admin, you will see SALES CHANNELS in the left-side navigation. Click on the "+" sign next to SALES CHANNELS. At the bottom left of the window that opens, click on the link that reads "Manage sales channels". From there you can delete any sales channel that you have installed.

Hope that helps.

Barohara Jewelry

Not so good.

It's not possible to set up a business profile image.
Customers can't set their display name. (Appears as "Customer ABC1")
You have to install Shopify's "Ping" app instead of iOS Messages - once you install Ping, it requires connecting to Facebook and starts marketing selling ads on Facebook.

July 3, 2019

Hi Barohara Jewelry,

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear your experience with Apple Business Chat hasn't been as expected yet.

As this is regarding your private Shopify account we'll reach out to you directly to discuss your experience and help clarify anything that we can!

Look forward to speaking soon.