Apple Business Chat

Apple Business Chat

by Shopify

Let customers contact you directly in Apple’s Messages app

Verdable

Agreed with the sentiment of other comments here. The app works, but the lack of customization (i.e. my personal phone number and profile picture attached rather than a store icon) makes it somewhat undesirable. Even very limited customization of the icon or store details would be great.

September 30, 2019

Thank you for writing your review and for providing us with your feedback for the Apple Business Chat app. As the app directly integrates with the Apple ecosystem, the customization options that can be made available from Shopify's end are somewhat limited. However, I can see why being able to edit the features you mentioned would be helpful, so I will be submitting your comments here as a request to our development team to see if they can be implemented in future. Thanks again for providing your feedback and please do reach out at any time if you have any further questions. -Victor, Shopify Support

Akomi Wellness

Pro: Puts all chats into Ping. ApplePay.
Con: Connected to my personal cell number and unable to change it to anything else. :(

September 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and provide us with your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying some aspects of the app, and I hope you've found it beneficial for your business!

In terms of the phone number, Apple requires a number to be present, which is why you'll see it linked to your cellphone. However, the app automatically pulls the number from Settings > General - this means you can change the phone number featured here and it will update for Apple Business Chat as well.

I hope this helps, but I will be reaching out to you by email as well to make sure you're able to do this and see if you require any further assistance. I look forward to hearing back from you. -Victor, Shopify Support

Sandie Cheeks

I haven't been able to see it on other devices just yet, I feel its a long process to get everything set. Needs a few improvements.

July 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I'd like to discuss the improvements you're hoping to see in more detail, so that I can pass them on to our development team!

I’ve reached out to you via email and look forward to chatting soon. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Lucius Atelier

Definitely not a bad app. But there can be tons on improvement, especially when compared with FB Messenger.

Pros:
- Sleek design
- Checkout in the App

Cons (When compared to FB Messenger):
- Don't know customer name.
- Android users can't communicate. (FB is universal)
- Mobile app marketing.

The fact that there are so many people are android users. I am unable to use this over FB Messenger.

July 3, 2019

Hi Lucius Atelier,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

With such a new product we always appreciate hearing merchant feedback.

Since Apple Business Chat appears to only Apple device users it's totally a matter of personal preference if you'd like to offer a secondary support option such as Facebook Messenger. Apple Business Chat allows you to select the placement of the chat icon, so you can avoid it overlapping with another support option. This can be done in the customization tab in the Apple Business Chat sales channel.

Please feel free to reach out to our support team from the 'Get Support' option found in your Shopify Ping app, if you have questions along the way.

Thanks again and take care!