Apple Business Chat

Apple Business Chat

by Shopify

Let customers contact you directly in Apple’s Messages app

Sandie Cheeks

I haven't been able to see it on other devices just yet, I feel its a long process to get everything set. Needs a few improvements.

July 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I'd like to discuss the improvements you're hoping to see in more detail, so that I can pass them on to our development team!

I’ve reached out to you via email and look forward to chatting soon. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Lucius Atelier

Definitely not a bad app. But there can be tons on improvement, especially when compared with FB Messenger.

Pros:
- Sleek design
- Checkout in the App

Cons (When compared to FB Messenger):
- Don't know customer name.
- Android users can't communicate. (FB is universal)
- Mobile app marketing.

The fact that there are so many people are android users. I am unable to use this over FB Messenger.

July 3, 2019

Hi Lucius Atelier,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

With such a new product we always appreciate hearing merchant feedback.

Since Apple Business Chat appears to only Apple device users it's totally a matter of personal preference if you'd like to offer a secondary support option such as Facebook Messenger. Apple Business Chat allows you to select the placement of the chat icon, so you can avoid it overlapping with another support option. This can be done in the customization tab in the Apple Business Chat sales channel.

Please feel free to reach out to our support team from the 'Get Support' option found in your Shopify Ping app, if you have questions along the way.

Thanks again and take care!