Apple Business Chat for Inbox

Apple Business Chat for Inbox

by Shopify

Let customers contact you directly in Apple’s Messages app

TEMAI

It shows "Add and customize a Chat button on your online store
" in the description. But I cannot customize the chat button. Only be able to select either a bubble button or button with text. The blue button is not aligned with our branding also takes too much attention on the page which is distracting users. Also, once we enabled the apple chat, we lose the type to search order status function like the native shopify ping app does which saves our time to look up order one by one. Last, once user open the message, our store page is disappeared. (should open a new page instead of replace our website store page This is very important.) Overall, the providing native app experience is nice, definitely better than chat on a website. I would be 5 starts if the team can address the issues above.

February 3, 2021

Hello TEMAI, thank you very much for your awesome feedback! We really appreciate when merchants take the time to let us know what they feel about Shopify apps.

These are all great points that I can bring to our product team, and hopefully they can be added in future versions. Keep the Shopify Ping app and the Apple Business Chat sales channel updated, and one day you might see these features.

Thanks again and all the best to your success.

Warm regards,
Senior Support Specialist - Ping / Kit

V. H. Hess

Seems to do as advertise, but PLEASE, make an option to set the chat button size for the speech bubble for iOS/iPad/Mac users. We need a smaller option. For example, on the iPhone SE which has a smaller screen size, the button takes up too much screen size. Please consider this in the near future, ok?

December 9, 2020

Hello V. H. Hess, thank you for your fabulous feedback and review!

We are definitely working on providing more ways for merchants to customize as you are requesting. Keep the app and channel updated and while I don't have an exact date at this time, you will be able to see those features released in the future.

If you have any questions regarding the applications, please contact our team via the support section of your app or directly at ping@shopify.com

Warm regards,
Senior Support Specialist - Ping

HEALTH & WELLNESS SG

Setup was easy. Yet to see how it perform in terms of functioning and all that. Other than that I have no other comments. Since this has to be a minimum 100 words …. I honestly don’t know what else to type. Its all good?

September 28, 2020

Hello Health & Wellness SG, thanks so much for your review and feedback!

Even if you have comments in the future or more feedback, feel free to update your reply or contact us directly at ping@shopify.com.

Wishing you great success!

Ping Support

Ultra Jumps

I think it's nice that it works with apple devices and it gives your brand an ability to make it all the way to the customers messages group. One thing that worries me is that it takes the customer away from your page. This could effect conversion rates..

September 15, 2020

Hello Ultra Jumps, thank you for your review and great feedback. I will note to our product team your concern about customers migrating away from your website in order to chat. Thank you!

Kit & Ping Support

Flowery Arrangements

Everything works great and I am very happy with this addition. There is only thing that bothers me a lot, which was also mentioned on another review:

- Showing another phone number in the info contact card without option to change it.

Once this gets fixed and they add the option to use our own logo I will be more than happy to give it 5 stars.

November 3, 2020

Hello Flowery Arrangements,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback. So glad you are enjoying the app and Apple Business Chat.

You can easily un-publish your phone number now, is that what you were referring to? This is done in the Shopify admin now. But if I'm not understanding your request, please reach out to our team and we can help you out. Our direct email is ping@shopify.com.

*** GOOD NEWS! We have just launched Shopify Ping for desktop! Go to https://shopifyping.com and login with your Shopify credentials, then enjoy the ease of use of replying to your customers from a desktop or laptop. ***

Senior Support Specialist - Ping

Urns.com

I installed the App and got the approval, but it shows on the background and if you have pictures or text on top, you cannot access it. I asked Shopify for help and they could not understand what the problem is, so I am stuck. I think it will be great if we get it to work.
The Shopify team got back to me in less than 24 hours, they are working on my issue and will have it solved soon. Thank you, that was fast!

June 27, 2019

Hi Urns.com

Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry to hear your experience with Apple Business Chat hasn't been what you expected as of yet.

As this feedback is regarding your private Shopify account we will reach out to you directly via email to work on a solution!

We look forward to chatting soon.

Microgreens San Francisco

I like the app so far. Things I'd love to see in the future:

1) It would be nice if the customer could see our business name in the header of the text message. The header of the text message my customers see is "Business" and not my business name in their text message box.

2) Business logo would also be a nice default instead of a blank face in the text box the customer sees.

3) Support for multiple users. For example, support for a small sales team to chime in on text messages.

4) Chat logs and chat monitoring if support for a sales team is added.

5) A way for a customer to add his/her information like a name, business, address, phone number etc. that can sync with your customer data base in Shopify. In addition, this option could be saved so the next time a customer messages you you'll know who they are on Ping instead of just a letter and number to a customer. Knowing the name of a customer you chat with is an important part of making them feel connected.

6) A way to send a link to notify an existing customer to use the messaging option instead of having to explain to them that you'd like them to use it.

This app will be close to perfect if you can add all these option. Wishful thinking? Am I asking too much? lol

June 27, 2019

Hi Microgreens San Francisco

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing any type of suggestion or requests for features that could help improve our product.

Your business name should appear to any visitors within 24 hours of setting the feature up. This is something our team is aware of, but it has been resolving itself within that time frame.

As for the logo, this is something on our roadmap. We hope to offer the ability to customize the logo in the near future. 🙂

Customer/visitor information is not something that we're able to provide through the chat feature. This is aligned with Apple's privacy guidelines.

We would be interested to learn more about your needs for multiple users will reach out to you directly to dig further into your request.

Looking forward to speaking to you soon!