WATCH OUT!! This APP is NOT FREE and there is no "FREE" plan available.
$59.99 just to UNLOCK the APP. $12.99/month required to USE the APP. $100.00 for any Installation "help".
The app is "FREE" to download but you have to pay $60.00 to unlock the use of the app, and then another monthly fee of $13.00 to just use the app. If you don't pay the monthly fee, your $60.00 is a waste.
Here's the kicker. They'll charge you another $100.00 dollars on top of all this to "Install" it for you if you need help with anything.
Sure, the copy and paste codes are easy to follow BUT,
Their instructional videos are SO TERRIBLE that you can't get any type of value. When it gets to the part where you actually need help, they say "here are some complicated versions of it". If you know coding, great! If not, pay us.
Their instructional videos don't go over everything because they WANT to leave you hanging in the hopes that they pay you $100.00 bucks for "Installation".
Overall, you would think on top of all this, support WOULD and SHOULD be something that's added on to the service. This app will drain your pocket before you get started with any Shopify dreams you have. Stay away.
Hi, thanks for the feedback. Let me clarify our pricing. The "Free plan available" displayed by Shopify in the app listing page is specific to the "Discount Links" and "Discount Popup" feature of the app. When you install the app, you don't have to approve charge and can use the discount links feature free. It's like that since 2016, and we won't change that because many users use this feature. That's why Shopify displays "Free plan available".
As for the other paid features, like the Discount Rules and Prefilled Carts, they do require a subscription plan (every plan has a 7-day free trial that starts only when you select a plan, not on app install). Some features also require a one-time fee of $49.99, like Display Savings, which also works for merchants on the free plan. We've made a graphic of our features and pricing here: https://tabarnapp.com/automatic-discount-pricing-2/. If you did pay a one-time fee for a feature that doesn't work for you, drop us a mail and we will refund it.
About the issues you've faced, and related to the instruction videos, could you tell us what they are? Indeed, it's hard to cover everything in a single video, but we try to record a video when it's needed or requested by a merchant. We put all our videos in our Youtube playlist (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Uose34iOQ&list=PLGYOZMSnTXxUwUyZO--JpLyY7_qjegUlR)
Botany Trade Co.
1) It says 7-day free trial but app doesn't prompt you to activate this feature. Very miss leading.
I am not paying $150+ and additional one time fees without seeing whether app works on my site or not.
2) App itself seems not very user friendly, very difficult to navigate.
3) I can't find what I need to do unless i stop and read every single unnecessary tabs and columns. (while trying to avoid all "subscribe, must subscribe, this feature premium only, get now..." notifications pops everywhere...)
4) Works very slow, sometimes freezes and you have to close the windows and log in to your shopify again (I have 2018 iMac , 256mps internet)
5) Finally I was able to add a rule to test it and waited 20 minutes, still n change.
6) I don't think this worth it.
Will update again for good or bad...
Hi, thanks for the feedback.
1) When you install the app, the app is free. The 7-day free trial only starts when you enable a paid subscription (monthly or yearly plan). If you need more than 7 days to test and see if the app works for your needs, contact us.
2 & 3) We're always trying to improve the admin screens, with the addition of new features it can get crowded. The main navigation is by clicking on the badges/icons in the header. We're adding a step-by-step tutorial this week admin side to make it clearer.
4) Could you explain to us step-by-step please what you did to make it freeze? This should happen. If you take the time to send us an email to email@example.com, that would be very appreciated.
5) If you create a discount rule (basic or advanced), you first need to activate a subscription and therefore the 7-day free trial at the same time.
6) If you explain to us your use case, we can guide you through if it's worth for your needs or not.
Counterintuitive and difficult to use. After being installed for some time I then noticed zero sales and investigated why. Source code fault on the APP. 1 week later still no resolution... Oh boy :(
UPDATE on 05/16/2019: We found the cause of the broken checkout. It was cause by the discount code name itself (15%_OFF_US_$100_OR_MORE). Special characters like % and $ and even underscore shouldn't be used in the coupon code name.
Hi Mark, thanks for the feedback. We sent a login request but it stayed "pending" for 5 days and then got rejected. The issues you faced was specific to your store, we couldn't reproduce this issue our our 3 dev stores. We actually tried many things to fix it our side, but it's almost impossible to reproduce the same store environment with the same apps, same scripts, same theme with the same customization. I apologize for the inconvenience it caused to your business, sincerely. If you want to give another shot to the app, on your live store or on a clone store with the same setup, let us know and we will work on it as long as it's fixed.
today i discovered another bug in the app if the customer selects 2items and goes to cart but what if he decides to add another item from the cart page selector to buy 3 items total he will do so and click right away the checkout button.....well the app will not work even if i dont have any other app interfering in the cart page!!! he will need to refresh the page and wait until that congrats discount pop up comes out in a few seconds wich is amazingly anti user experience so he can have his new quantity discount applied....bottom line he must be aware that he needs to go slowly and refresh each time he changes his mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not mentioning the paypal express button..........!!!
Support team do sth!
Hi, we sent a login request to have a look.
1) Some themes indeed require customers to click on the "Update" button in the cart page to update the cart. And sometimes, stores have several apps installed, therefore fighting for resources. That explains why our script can load slower. You can insert our script directly in your theme.liquid file (see our FAQ here, near the middle of the page: https://tabarnapp.com/faq-automatic-discount-app/) This should help loading our script faster.
2) About the Paypal Express, the best is to have it located on the Checkout page, rather than on the Cart page, for similar reasons than #1 above. Here's how you can move it from the cart to the checkout page: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/cart/add-more-checkout-buttons-to-cart-page#show-checkout-buttons-on-the-checkout-page
I had to uninstall the app because it didnt work on my shop, i tried to contact support but there was not response for days and when they finally got back to me they mentioned we are looking into it.
I uninstalled the app and asked for the refund, they mentioned they will refund asap that was four weeks ago, i am fighting charge back on paypal.
very unprofessional and no timely response for the customer. this app makes changes to your core shopify theme, be careful if you buy this app. they make you pay for every little functionality. CEO Darek keeps promising to resolve but there is no response from him.
Hi, thanks for the feedback. The refund have been sent.
We did look into it, for many hours, if not days. The reason it didn't work for your case was the number or scripts/apps and custom code inside your theme. That's why we asked to make some changes in your theme, to try to solve the conflicts.
Sorry again that it didn't work out.
Very expensive app for Shopify Plus users, with no trial. $99/month on top of all the other fees, and who knows if it works or suits the customers needs?
That said, there is little to no support. The Bold discount app however calls you and helps you to see if their app will work, it didn't for us, but the customer service was incredible.
Automatic Discount - not worth it.
Thank you for the feedback. I'm sorry for the poor support. We indeed don't have any phone support, as our team is small and mostly only developers.
About the 7-day trial, it starts after you select a paid subscription, not before.
Installed the app and tried to get it to work for a max limit on discount codes. (i.e. customer gets 50% off up to a max of $100). Didn't work even though we thought it should. Contacted support and they said they'd look into it. We gave them access and they haven't logged in or responded to us in 5 days. Emailed and called but no response. We are now nearing the free trial period so we're uninstalling it. Big waste of time. Support was terrible. Wouldn't recommend.
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry for the delay of response.
About the max limit on discount codes. (i.e. customer gets 50% off up to a max of $100), that's currently not possible, but we're working on it to launch that feature inside our Carter app, in early Summer 2019.
it simply does not work.
we've paid for both premium and for advanced rules add on but discounts don't apply.
support did not help us sort this out and we're now giving it another shot addressing them in trying to sort the issue.
Thanks for the feedback.
This app used to have some functionality to it. Last time I used it the free version has everything paywalled forcing you to upgrade to premium in order to use even the basic rules. Don't waste your time with this app.
Hi, thanks for the feedback. The free part of the app is the discount links feature. We've made it clearer using badges to visually show what you can/cannot access with the free plan. The discount rules (basic or advanced) are part of the paid subscription, indeed.
I was charged for this app during the trial period. The amount was minimal but it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Hi, this $0.01 activation charge is gone now. Thanks for the feedback, that helps us improve.