Recom.ai ‑ Upsell & Cross Sell

In Cart Upsell, Cross Sell, Product Recommendations & More

From $19.99/month. 7-day free trial.

Craftibly

All these 5 star reviews must be fake. The customization options are so limited that customizing it to actually match your theme and fit it is literally not possible. Quick view button color can't be changed, text can't be centered, and lots more customization options that just straight up don't exist. For the exorbitant $19+2.9% of your sales this should be ridiculously premium and heavily customizable, and it is neither.

October 19, 2021

Hey, thanks for your feedback. Wish you have noticed that we are an extremely customer-friendly team ready to go an extra mile to help you customize things even beyond the standard tools available in the dashboard.
We really regret you haven't got in touch with us within the 2 hours you had our app installed.
Talk to us! We are happy to help. Always ;-)

AMEKANA.COM

SCAMMERS BEWARE EVERYONE.
First of all, most of the positive reviews they have are from the time they were solely a recommendation app before they officially became thieves.
THEY STOLE OVER $1000 FROM MY COMPANY AND CLAIM TO GENERATE SALES THAT RECORDS CLEARLY SHOW WERE GENERATED FROM FACEBOOK ADS AND GOOGLE. AVOID AT ALL COST. They are stealing sales from your google, Facebook and other sources of generating sales and claiming it as theirs(Compare the order numbers and source). Most of their recent 5 star reviews are fake while some of them are people who are being fooled by their deceitful analytics which convinces their clients that their app is generating sales. This company is by far the biggest scam on shopify. We signed up for a 19 dollar app 2 years ago but this year they became greedy and decided to de fraud their clients by debiting over 1300 from us. Install at your own risk. There are so many apps you can get for free and some amazing all-in-one apps which we love and use and one of them is the VITALS app.

October 18, 2021

Hey there!

Thanks for your review. I've reviewed your request. Looks like I understand your concern.
​This summer we unified the billing plans of all our clients under one standard.
​The app has grown far from being a simple app into a comprehensive internal marketing platform. Thus we were forced to review our pricing policy. There were several iterations which did not involve older clients like your store until we managed to find a win-win solution.

​Recom.ai billing consists of 2 parts:
Flat charge $19 per month + 2.9% of the sales generated by the app ( App-Driven Sales )
Important: 2.9% is taken only from items sold by our app additionally. Not from the total cart or other sales.
Shopify breaks monthly invoice into 2 parts: first two weeks + the remaining two weeks. Thus technically your monthly charge consists of two fractions.

​Understanding the time needed to evaluate the benefits against the money we gave a grace period to all our clients on legacy billing plans. You personally received 7 (seven) emails with distinct description of the coming change in the billing model. Namely: on May 24, then May 28, after that June 2, 4, 9,16, 23 and after that the app stopped working.
To reactivate the app and keep it you were asked to manually accept the new billing model by pressing the approval button in the information banner right in the app's admin. In simple words: everything stopped working until you agreed from your end and initiated the billing. Which you or someone from your team did on June 30.
​Again, this is important: your approval was the trigger for re-subscribing.

​Moreover, along with the grace period we offered a 30-day moneyback if the app or the bill wouldn't suit you after the new billing model came into force.
​Shopify invoices were coming, you were seeing them but never touched base with us. We could have resolved everything immediately.

​I also checked the app's stats for the period with the new billing. We brought you 5-digit numbers in revenue with our app monthly. A good result if you ask me. Did you check the Analytics in the app?

​Anyway, I'll be happy to help you resolve everything as per my direct email to you.

Thanks,
Anton at Recom.ai

CITYFARMERS

I'm begining to think that this app is a rip-off. The first charges were reasonable, but now it's becoming insanely high. They are charging me upwards of 60 US$ per month. I'm considering uninstalling the app. Haven't done so yet because I haven't found another one as substitute.

May 29, 2019

Thank you for your review. We have usage-based pricing model (indicated on the appstore) thus you pay-as-you-go only. To better understand the pricing we provide 14-days free trial and also full moneyback after 30 days of running the app if you are not happy with your charges. Also please note that no advance payments are available on Shopify, so it is completely impossible to charge you upwards. I believe there was a misreading of your Shopify invoice.
Anyway, we are a 100% client-first company so it was our pleasure to provide the full moneyback to you. Thanks!

4 Hunks

I am disappointed with this app.
First of all, I don´t think they are really honest about how this app will be charged.
Usage means impressions for what I understand till now and not per sale.
The first charge was a reasonable price than the price doubled and in the second month, the price tripled.
It did work in the beginning after a month the cost of the app just went sky high which in my opinion it´s cheaper to pay advertisement on Facebook or Instagram.
I think it would be fair to be charged per sale made through the app but not for impressions on your own website.
At the end of the month, you can have a big surprise on your Shopify invoice.
Calling Shopify experts, they could not answer themselves how this app has been charged.

If you have spare money to burn, this is a good way.

March 9, 2019

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on our app. Our app works on usage-based principle, which ensures flexible cost to meet every store’s budget. In short: you only pay when the app is working and your customers see recommendations. All this information is open and available on the app store (see “Pricing” section and at Exto site). The more traffic you have the higher the plan. Being a 100% client-faced company we provide free 14-day trial to check if the app suits your business model AND guarantee a hassle-free 30-day moneyback in case you are not happy with your bill. We take pride in the level of customer care we provide, and the situation would have been quite different, if only we were aware of your doubts earlier. Anyway, I am really glad that we’ve managed to set up a good 2-way communication after all and hope that you are happy with the resolution.
Just remember: we’re only happy if you are.
Cheers,