Avalara TrustFile

Avalara TrustFile

by Avalara TrustFile

Automated sales tax return preparation and filing

1 review

Total Sports LLC

Revised 5/8/2019 I have updated my star rating from 2 to a 3 because I found a representative, Heather Lawrentz, that was extremely helpful and tried her hardest to fix some of our issues for us, one issue they can't fix so this is why I rated it at a 3. If you run all your transactions into shopify from ebay, amazon, etsy and so on for inventory control Trustfile can't tell those transactions are Marketplace Facilitators and it imports all the orders as shopify orders so it doesn't exempt those transactions from your taxes owed to each state. You can add some Marketplaces separately to sync into Trustfile but then you have to delete the duplicated orders or turn off shopify sync and manual add your shopify online orders and some Marketplaces using a CSV file from the way I understand it. Hopefully this is something they can change in the future but I doubt it. I am still not happy with their customer service as a whole but if you get someone like, Heather Lawrentz, you'll get pretty good help, it seems like the luck of the draw at Trustfile for the kind of customer service you receive, but this may improve as they've been around longer.

Old Review
I've been using this app since the beginning of the year and the app is just okay but the service really SUCKS!!!!! If you have any questions or concerns about the tax forms or anything like that don't think it's going to be easy to get a hold of someone. I've sat on hold over the phone twice in the last couple of weeks for over 45 minutes each time only to hang up, I did leave our information for them to call us back one other time and it took over 24 hours to hear from them, today I tried to call back twice and the line was busy both times, guess they have a lot of people on hold, I sat on chat before for over 2 hours with never getting a response, and my problems still haven't been addressed. We do have account manager but all his contact information is incorrect so I decided to email him with our concerns about 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard back from him. Bottom line is don't use this product if you're going to have questions or concerns that need to be addressed immediately or if you don't have general knowledge of tax forms and adjustments.