Back In Stock: Customer Alerts

Back In Stock: Customer Alerts

by SureSwift Capital

Notify your customers when products are restocked: Email & SMS

My RC Hangar

DO NOT USE. This app is open to abuse by allowing unauthenticated notifications to be raised against products: 1) Someone could falsely register interest in products resulting in stock purchases by the subscriber that do not represent demand
2) Someone could falsely register email addresses/email list resulting in spam complaints blocking of e-commerce store
3) Someone could falsely register product interest that results in your subscription level be unnecessarily increased to the next tier.

May 21, 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback;

Our mission is to offer shops a solution to allow their customers to easily sign up for back in stock notifications. With that in mind, notifications can indeed be created freely, but they go through an internal validation process to verify and flag those created by automated systems or deemed unauthentic.

Once flagged, such notifications are not visible and do not count towards the shops' quota. Also, we have the option to include (upon request) a reCaptcha, mitigating even further potential attacks on the storefront.

Paid plans will never automatically upgrade regardless of usage. Plan changes require an explicit approval from the shop owner through Shopify's charge authorization flow.

Wild Oak Boutique

This app didn't work for our store. Customer service was slow to respond to the issue, and responded by asking us to delete and re-install the app. We did that and it still didn't work. We again emailed customer support and never heard back. Will need to look for another solution.

Nootkas

The app worked pretty well, however, we didn't get enough to justify the monthly cost. Our theme has some out of stock functionality, so we will just use that. It is a little more manual, but not too much work for the number of stock out issues we have. The reason for the 1-star review is because when I uninstalled the app, there was still code in my them from "Back in Stock". This code prevented my theme's back in stock functionality from work, so now I have to go thru my code to figure out what is going on...

BODYOUTLET

If you need help you are on your own, they recommend that you contact a developer - it is not fair to call it support, sorry.

Coastal Gifts Inc.

Update: Too expensive I get product in 2 times a year and send out back in stocks. I pay you every month even though I am not using it much. Then you want to hold my back in stock emails hostage until I upgrade my account to twice as much or wait till the next billing period. I find this is a hostage situation and should not be allowed. I was looking for an app that would notify my customers when an item they want which is out of stock was available. James was very helpful in getting me set up with my theme customization. Very happy, people are already clicking the button and signing up for SMS and Email alerts.

March 7, 2020

Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you are already getting sign-ups, if you ever require any further customization or just have any questions. Feel free to get in touch!

Christian Pure

Back in stock notification doesn't work. They ask you to contact support to fix it. They don't even give you a contact form. You have to open up your email client, ask for help, and wait. And also, charging $19/MONTH for software that collects an email and sends a notification is highway robbery. There are more affordable alternatives that work better than this

July 9, 2019

Hello and thank you for your feedback.

We actually offer a contact link within the Back in Stock dashboard (‘Help and Support’ -> ‘Contact Support’) at the top of every page. We’re standing by to help.

I confirm our app works (99.9% uptime). In rare occasions the app doesn’t render perfectly with a particular theme (maybe this is what you meant?), in which case simply contacting our support team would have solved this for you very quickly.

We believe our pricing to be competitive, but offer a 30 day trial so shops can decide if it’s right for them.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional concerns: support@backinstock.org

DirtySouthVintage.com

Costs to much for the service provided and not making us much or any money at all. Disappointed in the months we have spend so much money for it.

May 27, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and your feedback. We would be happy to go over any problems or issues you had to see if we can remedy a solution - we tried sending you an email on May 15th but have not received a reply - if you can contact us on support@backinstock.org we would be happy to assist further.

KraveBeauty

The application, unfortunately, was not a great fit for us. It kept sending out false restock notification notices to our customers and caused a lot of confusion and inconvenience. When we reached out to customer service, they said there was nothing wrong but our stock was at zero yet the emails kept seeming to go out. It was really unfortunate they were not willing or unable to further assist on a glitch on their app.

May 27, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and review. We have sent a follow-up email to check-in and see if we can assist further - as last we heard back you have were in contact with Shopify and your Theme Developer to resolve the issue as their could have been an external cause.

If we can be of further assistance we would be happy to help.

SMOKEA®

Bad. Does not support Shopify locations. Why would you not keep your app up to date with Shopify.

May 14, 2019

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that support for Shopify Locations is now available for Back in Stock.

Cheers,