About Automatic Backups
Automatic Backups is the easiest, most secure way to backup your most important information. The app backups up your entire store and then saves your products, product images, collections, blogs posts, shop pages, and theme files whenever they change. This creates a full history of your shop.
Never worry about changes to your shop again.
Whats in the app
- Restoration Browser - Find previous versions of individual products, collections, blog posts, shop pages, and theme files. Compare items to the current version with our advanced version comparison interface. Restore to that version with a click
- Shop Recovery - Recovery an entire category to a specific date with a single click.
Why choose Automatic Backups by Talon
- Amazing Support - If there are any problems, call our number. You'll speak to a live person with real technical expertise that will solve your problem fast.
- Advanced Browser - We provide the easiest, most intuitive interface for finding and editing the right content. Fast. Easily compare previous versions and restore with a single click.
- Reliable and Secure - All data is transmitted over secure channels and encrypted. Highly available, the data is redundantly replicated across multiple servers to prevent data loss.
Super Fast Restoration - Restoration happens fast. We can revert changes of hundreds of product in a just a few minutes.
Recovery from App Installs - Want to test an app but aren't sure what it affects? New apps can change your store, especially theme files, in ways you cannot predict. Automatic backups lets you see what changed and allows you to undo anything that could have happened. Revert your store to before you installed it or just the parts that it affected. It's up to you.
Customizable Options - Automatic Backups is the only tool that allows you to choose individually which parts of the product to restore. Want to restore product descriptions without changing inventory? This app makes it simple.
How it works
Your shop is backed up automatically on install.
A complete history of everything in your shop is made browsable with every version of edits listed. Never worry about changes to your shop again.
At any time, with the click of a button, you can restore anything or everything.
Pricing 14-day free trial
30 days of history
Up to 1,000 products
Best effort support
180 days of history
Up to 5,000 products
Business Plus Plan
180 days of history
Up to 20,000 products
First line support
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
So far the App installation and automatic backups have been easy and seamless. It does provide great peace of mind.
Florida Graduation Supply
This was an easy install and easy to use. I am using it as a safety net when doing large modifications to the site structure. Restoring products and variations can be really time consuming if you have to reload with a CSV. Also, I really like the pricing structure as its based on what you have in the store - not the number of sales. I never feel a product that provides the same function should make more money if you do. Flat rate pricing is always an honest way to tie work and compensation together.
I appreciate you taking the time to make such a detailed review.
We try to be fair with our pricing and I'm happy you recognized that.
Doesn't seem to backup orders. You'd think orders would be the most important thing on a shopping site.
That's correct. There are three reason for this:
1. No backup app on Shopify has the ability to restore orders after backing up.
It's simply not possible within Shopify. Other backup systems back up this information but indeed have no reasonable way to restore it. We'd rather not give you the false belief that you can by advertising order backups.
2. Orders can be very private and profitable information about your business. We differentiate ourselves by not requesting to even see orders.
3. Shopify does not allow deletion of orders by anyone - only archiving. The only thing an order backup would protect against is if Shopify themselves had lost the data and lost their backup. This has never happened to my knowledge. All backups needing restoration is due to an app or shop user modifying the data - not Shopify. Indeed, if Shopify is losing this data, no backup app will help you.
In other words, no one in the history of Shopify has needed order backups.
I hope that is helpful in understanding. Basically, it comes down to wanting to be honest about the service we provide.
We're quite clear about the types of things we back up. We never advertise orders since simply no one is able to restore them.