Liana · Rewards & Loyalty

Liana · Rewards & Loyalty

by Beans

Make your customers addicted to your shop

Nuvoshack In

I like the feature that customers can redeem rewards on the cart page itself. The marketing, the emails that go to the customers frequently are also good. But the support could be better considering its a paid app. I will share one specific example. There is a "Join" button on the cart page for a user who is not logged in while adding merchandise to the cart. Now if he or she clicks the Join button, they are going to the "Register" page of my site. But if they are already members, then they should be going to the login page. The login page in my Shopify theme has both Log in option and a link to go the register page. That would be the ideal page to show when someone clicks the Beans "Join" button on the cart page.

I raised this question to the Beans support team and initially did not get a proper response. Later my question was forwarded to the correct person and he clarified that not all stores on Shopify have sign up option on the log in page. So if the behaviour of the "Join" button is changed, it could lead to some confusion. This reply could have been given to me in the beginning itself.

Another time I contacted support about the link colors on beans section/cart page/product page. All the Beans links were appearing in the text color and not in my primary link color. The reply I got was that this was too complicated and could ruin my site. So I should contact a professional who would do this for a fee. Actually after struggling for a few hours, this small change did the trick for me:

On "style.css.liquid" I added the following lines of code at the end of the page:

.beans-section a{
.beans-section a{
.beans-cart a{
.beans-cart a{
.beans-product a{
.beans-product a{
}

It worked fine. This is no rocket science and most Shopify store owners would like to customise link colors of Beans specific portions on their stores. These lines of code could have been suggested to me by Beans support instead of suggesting taking the help of a paid professional.

Again, in conclusion, I like Beans and I hope to remain with the app for a long time. I just wish the support gets better.

Doggy Style By Archie

Seems a great tool for encouraging new customers and rewarding existing ones.
I love the options of using Social Media too.

Lattrayant Hair

So far, so good. I've been researching rewards programs and Beans seem to have everything that I need. Unfortunately, their FB Lottery and IG are not yet active and much of my marketing happens on both platforms (although customers can get points for "liking" your FB page). I will update once my store goes live!

www.lattrayanthair.com

The Wavy Cartel

My initial reaction was bad. But I have to say it was due to my lack of knowledge on navigating the platform. Once I got familiar with the system and made some corrections I'm 100% satisfied. This is user friendly and the integration is extremely clean. Great app hands down.

Back To 20s

Customer representative help my customer addressing questions.

Windandwaterwarehouse

Very easy to navigate and I think our customers will appreciate it. Like the option to create your own rewards too!

Yourturnkeystore 243

I just installed the app and it looks very promising. This app automatically adds a page on your site that explains its rules to your customers. Let's see how well the app does in comparison with previous customer loyalty apps I've tried. I'll keep you updated.

Italian Wine Connection

So far, so good. Really fun reward program!

Dog Collar Fancy

This program is flawed and confusing for our customers. We have had so many calls and emails as customers do not know how it works / how to see / redeem their points, etc. Not very happy and will be switching to another app as soon as we can find one that will actually work the way it should.

Zeep Z Ayp

UPDATE: Support is good and helpful, however the app/program itself is still very frustrating and caused many errors on my site. I do appreciate their customer service in trying to resolve the issues but the app alone still needs improvement.

Hands down the worst app/program I have ever used. This program created false listings at discounted prices, jumbled every page of my website, deleted line items on invoices and overall destroyed my inventory and website.

1. Beans creates a new listing everytime a user uses a discount on an item. That new discounted listing then ALSO appears in your store as a REGULAR LISTING! Now free game for anyone to purchase.

2. As a result of the fake/discounted listings beans creates inventory. These listings that are 'added' which throws off any existing inventory since this is a NEW listing they just put on there. As such, items are oversold leading to let down customers on limited items. In addition to inventory being impossible to then track.

3. Beans deletes line items off invoices. As such, items were not mailed and then had to be replaced and shipped at my cost

4. Extremely user unfriendly on both the moderator and reward user sides. It is hard to navigate and then 'rules' are often ineffective and inconsistent.

I truly cannot discourage one enough from using this program. My store has completely turned upside down, from the inventory to the actual visual presentation. Save yourself the headache of the repairs after you've installed in and given away several hundreds of dollars and free shipping to make it up to your angry customers. =(