Variant Custom Product Options

Variant Custom Product Options

by Relentless Apps

infinite option, product variant options, color swatch, upload

Second Specs

I used this app to sell prescription glasses. After having all the logistics set up I am finding we are having trouble converting shoppers into buyers. I would like to add some information at the checkout page for my customers but there is no way to do this. Because it uses draft orders you are limited in several typical Shopify features such as customizing the check-out or using discount codes (unless you purchase an additional app).
We also found that customers are not able to go back into their order/cart at a later time and make adjustments without starting the process over. I did contact the developer via Shopify and told it is not possible once again due to the system of using draft orders. The product has potential, but the fact that my customers do not progress past the cart page and I have no way of providing an encouraging message is frustrating.

March 10, 2021

Sorry our app isn't a good fit for you. We are working within the limitations of Shopify trying to make the best app for all our customers.

Apps like Infinite Product Options, 100+ Variants &Product Options, and Product Options Variant Option all use draft orders and have the same issue as our app. Other apps like Bold Product Option use a different system but create hundreds of products in the backend of your store which is very messy.

Our app only works on the product page like all product options apps. It sounds like you are looking for a different app to display information on the cart page to get people to convert your customers.

If you would like to uninstall our app and try a different app we would be happy to give you a refund.

www.HairPerfexion.com

I really liked this app, it's best if you are using this app by itself. I tried to use this app with another app and both wouldn't work together. it was then explained that only one app can be used to control the checkout process at a time. Well that's unfortunate, I would prefer to be able 2 use 2 apps at a time when it comes down to the check out process. I wanted my customers to be able to choose their customized options with this app, yet still be in a vip program with their own rewards from another app and I couldn't do both. if they can figure out how I can do both, I would gladly pay monthly again for both apps.

January 26, 2021

I am sorry the app didn't fit your needs. For our price add-ons feature to work it needs to take over the checkout process. Other apps like the one you have also need to take over the checkout process and that's why they aren't compatible. Sorry about that.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let me know.

Excellent-Supply.com

This is a great options app. Very simple and straightforward. The only problem is, it didn't play well with our theme. Apparently, there's a known glitch with this app on some themes. Here's what occurs... The price for an option will display correctly on the product page, but then the price will zero out as soon as the item gets added to the cart. The developer sent me some code to add to our store (much appreciated), but it failed to sort out the problem. Sadly I can't use this app in its current state.

November 17, 2020

Thank you for your kind words about our app. I am sorry the app didn't work properly for you.

With hundreds of themes and thousands of apps there are endless possible compatibility problems. We are constantly improving our app to fix any problems that come up.

I emailed you back to try and fix this issue but I never heard back from you.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you in the future.

Mon Cadeau D'Amour

en cours de résolution, je modifierais la note une fois le problème résolu, merci de votre assistance

August 26, 2020

We helped with all the issues you had.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

YoursTrulyCards

I needed an incredibly simple text box for customers to enter a note attached to each purchase. It needs to be a required step prior to check out, so a regular form not associated with a specific purchase did not work. This App works for my purpose. The app needs a date field, ability to format text, and size the text box.

September 23, 2020

Thank you for the feedback. We plan on adding a date field when we have more time to develop this.

You can edit the size of the text box with code.

Email us back and let us know if we can help you with this.

PC Build and parts

App is good, but base level doesnt allow you to add prices to options like other apps do for less money, the option to add prices brings it to $10 less than my entire shopify subscription fee for my business, not great value

September 23, 2020

I'm happy you liked the app.

We offer competitive pricing. One of our top competitors Bold Product Options charges $49.99 for similar features.

If you need any more help let us know.

Kyle's Style

Decent. When your customer does a FILE UPLOAD and tries to Add to Cart it takes SO LONG that customers think the button doesn't work.
Also, if you have to edit the pages of multiple products you have to restart the search process over and over again. The app does the job but needs improvements.

June 26, 2020

We upgraded our app to have a loading animation so the customer knows they will need to wait while the file uploads.

We don't have any control over the customers connection and the speed at which they can upload their files.

We also have a duplicate tool to duplicate your options to multiple products so you don't have to restart every time.

MyCleanCloset

I loved this app. It worked great but then I realized it broke my Facebook pixel. The add to cart and initiate checkout would not fire. This really f ed up my marketing and campain. I don't know if this was a glitch that only happened to me but it is something to be noted.

May 15, 2020

We upgraded our app so FB pixel will work automatically with all themes.

It's been a while since you've installed our app. How is everything working for you?

Is there anything else we can do to help you?

Cartwright

Has a ton of potential. Super easy to add customization (monogramming in my case) and add-on pricing. I had to uninstall it because it prevents customers from using discount codes at checkout which my customers rely on. Rumors are this issue will be resolved at some point and then I will look to re-install if I haven't found an alternative by then.

March 3, 2020

We have updated our app and we now offer a solution for discount codes on the cart page. You can test it on our demo page.

Please email us at contact@relentlessapps.com and we can help you fix this on your site.

Paper+Flower

This app does provide a way to customise the product options and it was really easy to use. It has the conditional logic that I was looking for. However a huge drawback is that I am unable to connect a product image to the product selections. I am afraid that if this isn't resolved I will have to look for another app, it is a non negotiable for me. But it was easy to use and looked good in my Shopify store, so if you don't need to connect images then it is a good option for customisation.

December 12, 2019

Our app can load an image associated with a variant if you are using Shopify Options. Sometimes certain themes need some code to make that compatible.

Can you contact us here https://www.relentlessapps.com/contact/ or send us an email at contact@relentlessapps.com and we can fix the issue for you.

Previous 1