Best Custom Product Options

Best Custom Product Options

by Relentless Apps

unlimited product options, variants options, & color swatches

1 review

Ruskerville

I really wanted to like this app. I really did but the premium plan has overall failed for me. Firstly, the order print page wasn't showing the values my customers were choosing. I contacted the Relentless team and they got back to me immediately, saying tech support would keep in touch within 4 days. It has been weeks and no one got in touch.

Secondly, I implemented several coupon codes for email subscribers and for various sales including free shipping. It's been a month and I thought it odd that no one was using these coupon codes. That is, until I realized my "Discount Code" field during checkout was completely missing. I looked it up and thought maybe I had to upgrade my account. Well, $70 later, nothing helped. I then did some testing and realized the main issue was this app. For some reason, when customers select variants with an upcharge, discount codes just simply don't work. Automatic discounts don't show a newly calculated subtotal and the discount code box on the checkout page is no longer displayed. The only way customers could add a discount code was if they chose options that didn't cost extra.

This app was great from the get-go but after using it for a month, I realize the serious limitations of the premium plan and will unfortunately, have to update my 400+ items for something else more viable and compatible. I think this app is excellent for shops that don't have any upcharges on their variants. The basic plan will work perfectly but if you're going for the premium $18.99 plan which lets you add pricing for your variants, I would recommend another app's premium plan like Product Customizer. It's $19.99 but works seamlessly with discounts which I really appreciate.

September 5, 2019

Sorry we didn't reply to your email in a timely manner. We try our hardest to give the best customer support but sometimes emails fall through the cracks like in your case and I apologize again for that.

Our app is compatible with Shopifys free Order Printer App, if you add a few lines of code. Below is more info.

At the moment Shopify's draft orders aren't compatible with discount codes which is why our price add-ons don't work with discounts. We are hoping that Shopify makes this update soon and we are also looking into other possibilities to get around this problem.