Better Shipping

Better Shipping

by Atom Yard

Take control of your shipping rates

Butlers Wine Cellar

Caused too many problems and took ages for the rates to update to the cart making testing a headache

March 17, 2019

Hi! I’m sorry to hear that you had a frustrating time with the app. The reason you might not have been seeing the rates instantly reflected in the checkout is because Shopify ‘caches’ (saves) your cart shipping rates for 24 hours and a new rate is not requested unless the cart contents or shipping address is changed. This speeds up the checkout loading for your customers, but can cause issues when doing test orders. This is also not related to our app and will happen with any Shopify shipping app. If you would like to give Better Shipping another try, please let me know!

Laddylad

does not integrate easily to shopify shipping. For an extra $20/month they will add a carrier shipping option. no thanks

March 17, 2019

We’re sorry to hear that you had a bad experience! Unfortunately Shopify requires that all stores wanting to use any shipping apps have the real time carrier shipping feature. This is a Shopify requirement and it isn’t something that we have any control over! Shopify also does offer to add the real time carrier shipping feature to any plan for free if you sign up annually to your plan.

Something Sweet Party Favors Llc

Does half of what I need it to do. I have the option to add the shipping for various products at various prices HOWEVER.. it does not combine shipping so I have lost more customers than I have gained because of overly excessive shipping charges. For example, if they purchase 6 items, it charges $6.95 shipping for every item for a shipping cost of $41.70 instead of just $6.95. My customers are jumping ship so I'm paying out monthly more than I am making.

March 17, 2019

Sorry that you had a bad experience with Better Shipping! We’ve recently released our version two update which allows you to tier shipping over groups of products! This feature can prevent overcharging on orders. If you’d like to try give Better Shipping 2.0 a try, please just let me know!

Talismanflowers

Not a very good app for our delivery situation

March 17, 2019

I’m sorry we weren’t able to provide a solution for your shipping needs. We really take pride in our customer service and we’re happy to work with our customers to provide more custom solutions for shipping scenarios!