Blockade

Blockade

$10/month. 30-day free trial.
Rating (4.2)
Developer
1 review
4.2
1 review
Edited October 17, 2021

Update to my review since I can't reply to your reply. So the day after I installed the app my store speed dropped to 15. It's never been that. By yesterday the store was incredibly slow to load and I contacted Shopify support who checked everything and the only significant event was installing your app. Last night I deleted your app and my store speed has gone up to 40. I've installed a similar app to yours and I'm going to see if it does the same. I'm just being honest. I definitely thing Blockade seriously slowed down my store loading speed.
My store speed has tanked to worrying levels since I installed this app. I feel I'm going to have to delete it.

Fauna Kids
Ireland
Time spent using app: 5 days
Verdict replied October 16, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks for the report - and let me assure you why this is not the case.

1st. Blockade is loaded asynchronously - aka not at the same time - as your normal website assets and HTML. This means that Blockade does not affect your site speed.

2nd. A test of your website shows that loading and blocking happens within 55 milliseconds. Here is a screen recording of your website being loaded:

And here's the exact timing of the Blockade script loading :

Not that it matters much, because your Shopify website is still loading at the same time Blockade is loading the script.

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with site speed - I hope you find the culprit but I assure you it's not Blockade.