Blog Studio

The brilliant drag-and-drop way to tell your story

$9.99/month. 14-day free trial.

iPad Planner

Very useful app for making nice blog articles, with a cool tool for Photo Publish, paragraphs, and many other features. It worsts their money. I have to use the Blog Studio for 2 weeks.

Samadhi Marketing

After toying with the new Blog Studio update, I am happy to say that the steep learning curve was 100% worth it.
Admittedly, it took my team & me around 6 weeks to learn the new update, but now that we got the hang of it, it is excellent. A few tips:
1. Blog Studio works differently with different Shopify store themes. Some pre-made blocks work, some don't, but overall it's a much better alternative to the native Shopify editor.
2. If a pre-made block isn't displaying correctly, toy with the smaller, grey (+) sign within the box to make your own block. This has really helped us.
3. The updated desktop/mobile preview function doesn't work most of the time. Instead, just shrink your browser window the mobile size and you'll be able to see what it looks like on mobile.
4. The preview within the editor doesn't always reflect what a blog post will actually look like, and sometimes the live view takes a few minutes to display any changes. To avoid this, click 'Save', then click 'Preview Draft'. This will reflect any changes made immediately.
5. DO NOT edit any Blog Studio articles in the native Shopify editor, even if you're just adding tags. This will throw the whole article off. Just make sure all edits are made within Blog Studio.
6. Also, make sure that one person is in Blog Studio at a time. I noticed sometimes if more than one person is editing the same or a different article at the same time, it will confuse the app and throw all formatting off.
7. Start every blog post from scratch. Using saved templates just leads to frustration.
8. Play with the settings within a block. (The little gear icon within a block.) You can really get down to the nitty-gritty once you learn all of the capabilities.
9. Don't be afraid to upgrade the article if you have to. No major changes will happen.
10. The saved buttons feature is great to save time. That's about it off the top of my head. In summary, this app is great, especially if you put out a lot of content, but just know that it has a lot of bugs that need to be worked through. It can be very frustrating to learn how to use the app, and if you're an agency, learning how the app interacts with different themes can be challenging as well.
However, the features and capability for customization are great once you learn how to do it, and this is the only Shopify app that doesn't charge you per new page created.
So stick through the tough learning curve, talk with live chat (they're great), and you'll be happy you did.

kawaiiwaru

i used this app for quite sometimes now, but WHAT WITH THIS UPDATE? ugly and i can't create a simple post without complications, i'll delete soon. Update: the support team was very helpful in initiating me working with this new version, it just needs time to understand the new layouts

Vapor North

Wanted to make better looking blogs in Shopify. This did exactly that, very intuitive and easy. Strongly recommended.

TGG Games

Great service! Abby provided great customer service, and I hope that is single that I could buy her a beverage sometime!

Anuket Luxury

Simple to use. Doesn't have as much functionality as some of the more expensive blog apps, but so far that hasn't been an issue. Still has enough to create beautiful blogs. Their support has been quick and extremely helpful in giving step by step on how to customize things to keep on brand.

Practice Empathy

My oh my. What a wonderful experience I am having with this app. I tried out the top 5 blogging apps before deciding which one to go with, and Blog Studio is far and away not only the best but also the most affordable. Very clean features, super easy to use. This is going to take my blogging platform to the next level. (And a special thanks to Mandy and Anh for the amazing customer support I've received. You rock!)

Metal Lotus

The interface for editing the posts is a little bit clunky (it's easy to add erroneous blocks and spaces), but it is miles better than the native blog posts that Shopify offers. Support is incredibly quick and courteous, I would highly recommend giving this app a try if content marketing is an important strategy for your shop's traffic. I can't say enough positive things about being able to finally redirect blog visitors to my products inside of a post and the ability to add a table of contents for easier reading.

Unlimited Skate & Snow

App works great. Tons of options for layout! really a game changer for us!

Have only had to use support once but they were super easy to deal with and had the issue fixed very fast.

Cold & Press'd by PLNT

Quick and good support whenever needed! Useful tool! We really enjoy using this app. We can recommend it!