Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

Easy, Flexible, Subscriptions. Seamless w/ Checkout & Payments

GPigBox.com

This app is GOOD. It can be better- and I think the team knows that. They need to have a buffer period, because right now you're having to manage each purchaser every month to ensure they don't get charged twice. Also, prepay option would be nice, and product add-ons to their subscriptions. I know it's a work in progress, and for what I'm doing right now, it's working. But the buffer period is a necessity!

February 11, 2021

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that the app is currently working out for you. We are constantly working on our app to make it better and your feedback is really important to us. Thank you for choosing Bold!

ChampionCoffeeCompany

I have not used the app yet, but the customer service so far has been incredible! Waiting for them to install my app and then i can give better feedback

東京ヴィーガン餃子

Note:
As far as I checked, Shopify Plus account requires to translate English text into local languages in a user account page and subscription management page of V2. We are thinking it is a critical problem and asked both Shopify and Bold support team to fix it. I installed the app and set it up to offer subscription option to our user, mainly Japanese. They have a good localization support page and when I had problems, the online chat support teams help me out timely and kindly.

January 12, 2021

Thank you so much for the feedback! Very happy to hear that you found our online chat time timely and helpful. Wishing you all the best with your subscription business!

Virago Candle Studio

I'm extremely excited to add subscription boxes to my website. The ONLY thing I'm not happy about is the inability to add prepaid lengths or give as a gift with the v2 yet. I plan on launching this in March and to give as a gift/offer prepaid lengths of 3-12 months is important to me. I still have 2 months left of my trial period so hopefully those features will become available soon! I am happy with the ease of navigation and ability to directly integrate with my website and shopify payments!

Melatta

They use to have "build a box" but I can't find that feature/functionality anymore. Is there a timeline to bring it back? is it coming back?

submee

When will the Japanese language support be available?
When will the Japanese language support be available?

Natural Chef

Great customer service but did not provide the exact subscription feature I was looking for and was unable to try it due to technical errors on their end!

November 19, 2020

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are working rolling out new features and fixes, so if the app wasn't the right fit right now I really recommend coming back and testing it out in the future.

36th Parallel Coffee Roasters (Pods)

We use version 1 on 2 other sites, initially installed version 1 on this site and converted to version 2. Good app but very basic as an initial launch. The payment integration into standard Shopify and the use of standard Shopify discount codes in v2.0 is the big plus for this app. Unfortunately, version 2 is really lacking a lot of functionality. Both basic and complex. Hopefully, the team at Bold can add some functionality soon. Pros
Fast and clean widget
Great integration into Shopify products
Supports Shopify discount codes
Uses Shopify standard payment gateway and other features such as cancellation etc.
A product can be on more than one subscription group. Cons
Lack of customisation except if you edit the code. No tagging.
No Convertible subscriptions
No Build a box subscriptions

November 16, 2020

Thank you so much for your honest and thorough feedback.
Thank you so much for your review. We are really appreciative to hear your perspective as someone who has used both V1 and V2. We are always looking for ways we can improve our app, and looking forward to adding on more functionality in the future,

manifestocoffee

Update: Oli reached out and was quite helpful and overall pretty responsive to everything I've said. Can't fault the customer service! The description above for the app still doesn't fully align with what it's capable of and the images likewise seem a bit misleading. It seems as though they really want you to get the app based on what it might be capable of in several months time rather than what it's capable of now. I guess that's reflected in the current price of £0, but it does still set expectations without matching them. It seems pretty limited, quite frankly. The description above states "Set custom delivery intervals using flexible logic, including length of time, specific dates, day of the week, set number of deliveries, and more — or let your customers select their own frequency." but there's no option for setting a day of the week (only date), nor specifying number of deliveries... I can't imagine what "...and more" refers to because the listed features don't even seem to actually be there. No option for prepaid subscriptions, which seems like a pretty crucial thing in the lead up to christmas.

November 12, 2020

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. At launch Bold Subscriptions is offering basic subscription intervals and more customized options will be coming soon. Our team is correcting the description to reflect current functionality. As with any new launch, we are very interested in learning which features and functions you would like to see in our app. One of our Product Experts has reached out about possibly testing some of our new features. Keep an eye on your inbox as we'd love to further the conversation!