Bold Subscriptions

Launch and scale your world-class subscription with ease.

$49.99/month. 60-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

Barista & Co

Time spent using app Over 1 year

We are facing issues with customers being billed twice and it is an issue that Bold are aware of. The advice was to manually prevent this which simply isn't viable on scale and involves constantly providing refunds for customers who are not happy when it happens once never mind again and again. This is a major issue and it seems v2 is full of issues. No gifts cards too, not great. I'm not sure why v2 has been released when it seems to be full of bugs compared to v1. We have logged various cases with Bold and the answer is always the same, we are aware of the issues. My customers don't want to hear this, they want the issues fixed. Come on guys you could do much better on this.

August 5, 2021

Apologies for the experience you and your customers have had to date. I understand the frustration this must have caused. Our development team is constantly working to improve our apps. The feedback you've provided will go towards bettering Subscriptions V2 going forward.

Tropical Fruit Box

Time spent using app Over 1 year

Awful Customer Service. This app has gone downhill. We've requested installation help several times only to be ignored.

July 6, 2021

Appreciate the kind words. Happy to hear about your experience with our team, kudos have been passed along to Kelsey. Thanks for choosing Bold.

UNIK Printshop

I am having a horrible experience with V2... After 6 months of using it, I still cannot believe how poor this product is. I have had issues with every single part of it : customers unable to change their shipping addresses, their variants, their payement information... Nothing really works consistently with it and my customer AND myself have completely lost trust that we can rely on it. Some simple tickets have been open for over 5 months.... ridiculous. Every time I contact the support team, they answer quickly and are all kind and full of Sorries and apologies but it only makes me feel like im stuck in an abusive relationship... no improvements, no adjustments and no real action to change the situation are being done! All this to say that I am migrating away right now... I would NOT advice to go with this V2 version, not now anyways... only troubles in the horizon. I am super disappointed. On a positive note, they happily reimbursed me twice for the service (I imagine that they are well aware that their product is really bad right now...)

May 19, 2021

Apologies for the experience you had. I understand the frustration this must have caused. Our development team is constantly working to improve our apps. The feedback you've provided will go towards bettering Subscriptions V2 going forward.

Wine Monster

Location New Zealand

READ THE 1 STAR REVIEWS BEFORE YOU CHOOSE THIS APP! I started using Bold full of confidence as they were really helpful in getting me started. However, 6 months in and I've completely lost faith in the product. I've had an issue with several customers where an order is created but the system schedules delivery for a month later. Its not a big issue, but this ticket has been live for 3 months now. I have another issue where I can't change the billing cycle for a customer. I've had no update in 10 days on this issue. The systems also 'lost' the credit card for 3 customers - It took weeks for the developers to look at it and was offered no resolution when the ticket was closed. When I signed up 6 months ago I was told that services like pre-paid subscriptions (which was critical to my business) was being worked on. There has still been no mention of this product being available or any obvious product upgrades or improvements in the 6 months I've been using it. My experience has shown a clear trend that fixes don't happen in a timely manner (if at all) and the product is stagnant/not improving. The only conclusion I can come to is that the dev team is under-resourced. This has cost my business a lot of time and money. In looking at all the 1 star reviews I can see other vendors are having the same issues as me - there are very common disappointing themes here. Buyer beware.

May 11, 2021

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry for the experience you had, I completely understand the frustration this has caused. Our developers want to ensure that your technical issues are handled properly, thoroughly tested and resolved correctly. We thank you so much for all of your patience.

Vitabrim Health

Location Singapore

The app is still charging me even after I cancelled the subscription for at least 2 months. I guess they are living up to their name

May 6, 2021

Very sorry about the experience you had. We want to be sure that we take care of this for you we will look into what happened and get you your refund. Thank you for your feedback.

Shoy

Location Australia

I love this app but it affects shopify store speed and from May 2021 faster websites will rank better in google search. Unless BOLD does something to address this I would not recommend this app.

April 27, 2021

So sorry for the inconvenience caused by the speed, our experts would really like to look into this for you. We would like to help you as much as we can in resolving this issue. Your feedback is really important to us thank you!

The Jewish Box

This is the worst "update" I have ever seen on a app. They had a great working program and they went and ruined it by making a program update that doesn't do anything- DO NOT USE THIS APP !!!

April 19, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. Apologies that we weren't able to create a solution that fits Menucha. Our developers are constantly working on improvements to our apps, hopefully we can work together once again in the future.

zenspiritsshop

Location Germany

PLEASE DONT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It destroyed my whole store due to liquid errors after deleting it because it was very complicated to change the language of the subsciption widget. If you are not developer or Programmer please dont use it. It will make your head and heart rush if there are some changes you try to do with their description. The worst thing is that the support is available in 3 to 5 workdays!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy almighty: For this price an absolut outrage for me. Look for other options or develop subs yourself i think this will be the same struggle

March 29, 2021

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for negative experience you've had with the app and for the delay's you've encountered. Our developers are hard at work on app improvements. We've taken note of your concerns, we really appreciate the feedback thank you!

PopupBagels

signed up 132 subscribers week 1. week 2 as they are all to be billed the 2nd time, only 2 get a bill. the other 130 are gone. no record of them at Bold at all. total joke. customer service say 3-5 days to get back. there is no phone number to call. finally get someone on chat, who tells me the developers dont have time to talk to the customers and someone will work on it sometime soon. total joke. been working on this for 7 hours and still no answers as to why all of my subscribers disappeared at midnight on their app.. bigger joke is that Shopify's response is that it's not their problem, contact the app im using. oh, you mean the one im using based on your recommendation? found on your website? it's time for internet companies to be accountable!

March 2, 2021

Thank you for your review. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience this all has caused you. Rest assured we are working diligently on resolving this issue. Thank you so much for your patience.

LAMILL Coffee

Really disappointed that BOLD created a new version of their app but just left us in the dust... they said months ago that migration was coming soon but they have done nothing and say its still not available for us. So for us to switch to the new version we would have to install the new version and manually migrate all of our customers and subscriptions ourselves. I don't think BOLD values their customers.

February 24, 2021

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We are working really hard on rolling out migrations, thank you for your feedback.