Bold Subscriptions

Launch and scale your world-class subscription with ease.

$49.99/month. 60-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

MicroPuzzles

AVOID Bold Subscriptions. If you're planning on building your subscription members on Shopify - BOLD is NOT the way to do it.
Bold Subscription's Version 2 doesn't even deliver the basic functions it purports to provide. We've had a year of issues with constant promises to fix and correct - Bold has done nothing. I have HUNDREDS of emails from everyone from JAY MEYERS to the front-line technical staff - all excuses, zero action. It is beyond frustrating. Integrating subscription management software into your website is essentially creating a RELATIONSHIP (Bold is the WORST partner we've ever had). You're literally trusting your software provider with your brand's reputation. Customers don't see Bold... they see your brand - so when there is an issue (and there's ALWAYS, NEVER ENDING, CONSTANT issues with Bold) customers blame you. No exaggeration - Customers can't change a credit card, pause a subscription, or modify an address on their own. These BASIC features rarely work. Adding insult to injury - Bold's Subscriptions technical and customer support has taken as long as 8 weeks to follow up issues. AVOID AVOID AVOID Bold Subscriptions. They mislead us to get us on board (promises of seamless integration, functionality, and responsive customer service - NONE OF WHICH HAPPENED OR WAS TRUE), and then left us hanging.

The Black Stuff

They dont seem to be actively working on this app, it has limitations in that customers cant add products to their subsciption. And if I do it manually I cannot add it at the subsciption discount price. They do not seem to care about improving this app. I would look elsewhere if I were you.I've been using it for 8 months and nothing has improved.

February 25, 2022

Thank you for your review. Feedback like yours is very important to our team and helps us align our priorities with our merchant's needs. I can assure you we are actively working to add new features in the near future. I hope we can improve your experience going forward. Thanks again for taking the time to write in!

RELX UK

On the website, it says Worldpay is supported, But after installation, I was told by their customer service that they don't support Worldpay. Also NO refund. MAKE IT WORK, OR GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK

February 14, 2022

We're sorry to hear about this. WorldPay is a supported payment gateway for our first version of Bold Subscriptions, while our second version only supports the payment methods made thru the Shopify Checkout - apologies for the confusion!

We've created a ticket for you and our team will be getting in touch to help.

We hope you have a great day in the meantime!

Hampstead Tea - Biodynamic and Organic Teas

The migration from Bold v1 to Bold v2 has been terrible. We've had customers with duplicate orders and now customers are being sent notification from v1 despite the fact they're on V2. We've lost subscribers and wasted customers time and had to take on a lot of extra customer service. YOU'VE STILL NOT RESPONDED

February 9, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are very sorry for the troubles you have encountered after the migration. I can confirm our team is taking this very seriously and are looking into the issue further. Hopefully we can get this back on track for you and improve your experience going forward.

Mascot Monthly Mix

We tried to make things work with Bold Subscriptions, but it took about a month for them to respond to our migration request, and we had problems with code integration. After about a month and a half of trying we've decided to move on to a different app, which were able to get it working within the same day.

February 4, 2022

Thank you for your kind review! We will be sure to pass along your words to the support staff, and especially Nikhil. We are always happy to help! Thanks for choosing Bold!

Rechargesuperfoods

Very bad support. I am trying to contact support for days and they are not getting back to our queries... My Bold subscription has stopped functioning suddenly. I am not getting orders as well due to this.

December 20, 2021

Thank you for your feedback - we are very sorry to hear about the delay in communication! We sincerely apologize for any frustration this may have caused you. I can confirm our team has reached out in hopes of resolving this issue for you.

MR HANDSOME

I downloaded this app because I wanted to have a look at its functionalities and how it works. I did not intend to integrate in onto my store immediately. Unfortunately, the app adjusted my theme code which I cannot remove again without causing multiple website bugs plus this app immediately told paypal to qualify me for reoccuring payments. I never wanted to do these things! Since I tried this app my payment gateway has a major bug and automatic discounts do not work anymore when customers want to pay with paypal. The amount that is displayed on the cart is lower than the amount which customers are supposed to pay (the discounts is added to the amount that customers are supposed to pay again which is a major issue for me). I never had these issues until I wanted to have a look at this app. I do not recommend downloading this app and I will complain at shopify about this funny application that manipulates all kinds of things on your website for the bad.

December 20, 2021

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you experienced problems upon installing the app. We take all issues seriously and I see our Merchant Success team has reached out to you to help. Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest feedback!

Weekl.ie

Warning to anyone using Bold Subscriptions, Customer Support is terrible, I've been waiting 4 weeks to have a problem fixed and losing business and customers from our grocery service.

StraightFace

This app is terrible. I have customers sign up that don't get added to the subscription. It has been 6 months now and they haven't added them. When customers cancel you don't get notified nor do you see the reason why. I have customers refill orders happening all throughout the day rather than at one time. There is no way to change it. You can't sort by anything when looking at customer information. It is a beta software at best and they are charging through the teeth for it. I wish I had never gone with this app.

Barista & Co

We are facing issues with customers being billed twice and it is an issue that Bold are aware of. The advice was to manually prevent this which simply isn't viable on scale and involves constantly providing refunds for customers who are not happy when it happens once never mind again and again. This is a major issue and it seems v2 is full of issues. No gifts cards too, not great. I'm not sure why v2 has been released when it seems to be full of bugs compared to v1. We have logged various cases with Bold and the answer is always the same, we are aware of the issues. My customers don't want to hear this, they want the issues fixed. Come on guys you could do much better on this.

August 5, 2021

Apologies for the experience you and your customers have had to date. I understand the frustration this must have caused. Our development team is constantly working to improve our apps. The feedback you've provided will go towards bettering Subscriptions V2 going forward.

Previous 1 3