Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

Easy, Flexible, Subscriptions. Seamless w/ Checkout & Payments

The Spunky Cauldron

I'm so disappointed in this app. I'm not even out of my free trial yet and have already spent countless hours with support because of shipping issues and other issue with version 2 of this app. My customers can't do local pick up of their subscriptions and since the app automatically chooses the lowest shipping rate, I've had to figure out workarounds for that. I use other BOLD apps and really love them, which is why I chose to go with their subscription one. I hope they will fix these soon because I really would love to love this app. I love everything else about it - it's just the shipping issues that really cause problems.

January 20, 2021

Thank you for your honest feedback - we are sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with the app. In Bold Subscriptions V2, all shipping is handled within the Shopify admin itself, not within Bold. Here is an article from the Shopify which provides a ton of information regarding subscription shipping. https://shopify.dev/tutorials/create-and-manage-subscription-shipping-rates-and-delivery-methods#limitations
We would love a second chance to get you set up for success! We have confirmed that one of our experts has reached out via your ticket email, please keep an eye out and we are standing by to help!

Fresh As Deliveries

I loved V1, but... It's disappointing that V2 has removed the straightforward 'Introductory x discount, followed by y recurring discount' feature. This was in V1 and has now been removed. You may want to consider this before you purchase the app While a workaround been suggested to create the initial discount code on Shopify, it just can't compare with the above feature, which is much more straightforward with less steps from a customer point of view. Plus, being a workaround it actually didn't give me the same outcome. I still have faith in V1. Appreciate if the team can help bring this niche feature back to V2. It's a real seller for me and I'm sure for a lot of people.

November 25, 2020

Thank you so much for your honest review. We really appreciate the feedback on the features that you would like to see on V2. Our developers are working hard on building out some of the features that you know and love from V1, and look forward to rolling them out in the future.