Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

by BOLD

Easy, Flexible, Subscriptions. Seamless w/ Checkout & Payments

Crisper

Currently this app is experiencing a lot of issues due to changes Shopify made back in November. I'm seeing a lot of errors when I try to make changes to customer subscriptions, and it's affecting my customer experience. The Bold team is responsive whenever the issue occurs, but each time I'm assigned to a different team member and I've had to describe the issue over and over again.

Mystra

Maybe im dumb, but im looking for app that can create a automatic subscription ex. 10$ a month every month regardless of what product they buy? the subscription is not based on the product but more of a memebership that allows them to buy off the site, cant this app do it?

Café Céleste

We decided to try Bold Subscriptions because of the ease of installation and the nice documentation. Indeed, the setup was very quick and straightforward. Creating subscription groups was a true breeze. Unfortunately, their new version of Bold Subscriptions is only in english and is incompatible with translation apps (confirmed by Bold support). This makes the app unusable for a shop that is not in english. Perhaps I will reconsider when they do implement functionality for other languages! If you only need english, this is the app for you, it is very solid.

GPigBox.com

This app is GOOD. It can be better- and I think the team knows that. They need to have a buffer period, because right now you're having to manage each purchaser every month to ensure they don't get charged twice. Also, prepay option would be nice, and product add-ons to their subscriptions. I know it's a work in progress, and for what I'm doing right now, it's working. But the buffer period is a necessity!

February 11, 2021

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that the app is currently working out for you. We are constantly working on our app to make it better and your feedback is really important to us. Thank you for choosing Bold!

ChampionCoffeeCompany

I have not used the app yet, but the customer service so far has been incredible! Waiting for them to install my app and then i can give better feedback

東京ヴィーガン餃子

Note:
As far as I checked, Shopify Plus account requires to translate English text into local languages in a user account page and subscription management page of V2. We are thinking it is a critical problem and asked both Shopify and Bold support team to fix it. I installed the app and set it up to offer subscription option to our user, mainly Japanese. They have a good localization support page and when I had problems, the online chat support teams help me out timely and kindly.

January 12, 2021

Thank you so much for the feedback! Very happy to hear that you found our online chat time timely and helpful. Wishing you all the best with your subscription business!

Melatta

They use to have "build a box" but I can't find that feature/functionality anymore. Is there a timeline to bring it back? is it coming back?

submee

When will the Japanese language support be available?
When will the Japanese language support be available?

Natural Chef

Great customer service but did not provide the exact subscription feature I was looking for and was unable to try it due to technical errors on their end!

November 19, 2020

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are working rolling out new features and fixes, so if the app wasn't the right fit right now I really recommend coming back and testing it out in the future.

36th Parallel Coffee Roasters (Pods)

We use version 1 on 2 other sites, initially installed version 1 on this site and converted to version 2. Good app but very basic as an initial launch. The payment integration into standard Shopify and the use of standard Shopify discount codes in v2.0 is the big plus for this app. Unfortunately, version 2 is really lacking a lot of functionality. Both basic and complex. Hopefully, the team at Bold can add some functionality soon. Pros
Fast and clean widget
Great integration into Shopify products
Supports Shopify discount codes
Uses Shopify standard payment gateway and other features such as cancellation etc.
A product can be on more than one subscription group. Cons
Lack of customisation except if you edit the code. No tagging.
No Convertible subscriptions
No Build a box subscriptions

November 16, 2020

Thank you so much for your honest and thorough feedback.
Thank you so much for your review. We are really appreciative to hear your perspective as someone who has used both V1 and V2. We are always looking for ways we can improve our app, and looking forward to adding on more functionality in the future,

Previous 1