Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

$49.99/month. 60-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.1)
Developer
BOLD
4.1
October 5, 2021

If the app would actually install onto our theme then we would be able to leave a review for the service. 2 weeks into the free trial and still not able to activate this app on our new build website. Such a shame as we have been a bold V1 customer for nearly 2 years come next Feb and the service has let the team down over there. They said they had tried to do the update for us and sent a request which we denied and now they cant send another (We never recieved a request and if we had it would most definitely been accepted?!) We are now looking for another subscription provider who we can swap to that works with Shopify's new checkout. We just wanted a seamless checkout experience for our customers and unfortunately Bold failed to deliver on this occasion. Thanks for the last 2 years Bold and hopefully we can return one day

The Little Wax Box Co Ltd
Time spent using app: 11 days
June 24, 2021

Currently this app is experiencing a lot of issues due to changes Shopify made back in November. I'm seeing a lot of errors when I try to make changes to customer subscriptions, and it's affecting my customer experience. The Bold team is responsive whenever the issue occurs, but each time I'm assigned to a different team member and I've had to describe the issue over and over again.

Crisper
Time spent using app: About 1 year
May 22, 2021

Maybe im dumb, but im looking for app that can create a automatic subscription ex. 10$ a month every month regardless of what product they buy? the subscription is not based on the product but more of a memebership that allows them to buy off the site, cant this app do it?

Mystra
Denmark
Time spent using app: 2 days
March 21, 2021

We decided to try Bold Subscriptions because of the ease of installation and the nice documentation. Indeed, the setup was very quick and straightforward. Creating subscription groups was a true breeze. Unfortunately, their new version of Bold Subscriptions is only in english and is incompatible with translation apps (confirmed by Bold support). This makes the app unusable for a shop that is not in english. Perhaps I will reconsider when they do implement functionality for other languages! If you only need english, this is the app for you, it is very solid.

Café Céleste
Time spent using app: 5 days
February 10, 2021

This app is GOOD. It can be better- and I think the team knows that. They need to have a buffer period, because right now you're having to manage each purchaser every month to ensure they don't get charged twice. Also, prepay option would be nice, and product add-ons to their subscriptions. I know it's a work in progress, and for what I'm doing right now, it's working. But the buffer period is a necessity!

GPigBox.com
Time spent using app: About 1 year
BOLD replied February 11, 2021

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that the app is currently working out for you. We are constantly working on our app to make it better and your feedback is really important to us. Thank you for choosing Bold!