Set up and scale with ease
Set up your subscription program with out-of-the-box features in minutes. Scale with our advanced features when you're ready.
Seamless customer experience
Finally a subscription portal your subscribers will love! Self-manageable delivery intervals, orders, payments, personal info and more.
Decrease churn & boost LTV
Custom cancellation flows and automatic dunning management help you retain subscribers and better understand cancellation reasons.
About Bold Subscriptions
Trusted since 2014 by thousands of brands looking to scale subscription businesses on Shopify.
You’re not in the tech business, so why not choose a subscription platform that does the work for you?
Bold Subscriptions gives you the flexibility to quickly create a subscription offering that's as simple or complex as you want, to help grow dependable recurring revenue and customer loyalty.
QUICKLY LAUNCH YOUR SUBSCRIPTION OFFERS
- Seamlessly integrated with Shopify Checkout, launch or migrate your subscription program in minutes. (Free Migration)
- With a few clicks, easily add subscribe & save options to one product, a specific collection, or to your entire store!
- When ready to scale, leverage our powerful APIs, developer tools, and webhooks to customize your subscription business, or extend it anywhere! (Alexa, voice, SMS, etc)
OUT-OF-THE-BOX, READY TO ROCK!
- Auto installs to your theme and looks beautiful. 100% customizable if needed or preferred
- Seamless integration with Shopify discount codes
- Easy to use dashboard to understand your key subscription metrics at a glance
ENGAGE CUSTOMERS AND BOOST LTV
- Build relationships by sending automated email updates to subscribers about changes to their subscription, customized to match your branding
- Improve customer satisfaction by allowing them to manage their subscriptions, payments and personal information in their own language with intuitive and customizable customer portal
- Increase AOV by letting customers purchase both one-time and subscription products in the same transaction
- Reduce unsubscribes by better understanding why your customers are cancelling or providing them with cancelation instructions instead
- Reduce failed credit card transactions automatically with dunning management
IMPROVE OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY
- Give your support team access to powerful customer management tools to edit and manage subscriber accounts or even login as a customer
- Match your billing and fulfilment cycles with buffer days, preventing a subscriber's initial and second orders from falling too close together
WORLD CLASS SUPPORT TO HELP YOU SUCCEED
- Expert installation services and live chat to get your subscription up and running smoothly at no additional cost
- Migration specialists will move your service to Bold Subscriptions seamlessly from any platform with zero downtime and no risk of customer data loss
- 24/7 options available
- Over 20,000 subscriptions brands powered by Bold
- Used in 142 countries
- 5M+ active subscribers
- Processing 60M+ orders annually
- 14 Shopify apps to enhance your e-commerce ecosystem
- Paypal Express,
- Shop Payments,
- Google Analytics,
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Use this app on your online store checkout.
Pricing 60-day free trial
+1% of orders containing subscription products
* All charges are billed in USD.
** Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
The overall rating reflects the current state of the app. It accounts for all app reviews but prioritizes the most recent ones.
Most recent reviews
As a small business we've really been pleased with Bold. It's especially helpful to have direct assistance to developers/technicians when something goes wrong (or just needs adjusting). Shout out to Jericho (a real live human) who responded in record time and with great solutions.
I Have a Bean
I love the control that BOLD Subscriptions gives to customers for managing their subscriptions. However, once subscribed to a product, BOLD will continue placing Subscription orders for that product even if that product is put in Draft mode, Archived, out of inventory etc. Their suggestions was for me to manually examine every subscription and cancel each subscription for any customers I could find that have that product. We never have the same coffee for more than 4 or 5 months and swap old ones out for new origins all the time. I was hoping that BOLD would give the customer a notification that the product they are subscribed to is no longer in inventory and give them a link to manage their subscription... It's already got the function of allowing a customer to swap or cancel or suspend ...but no way to prevent a subscription from just continuing to run, even when there is no product to ship. I hope there is another Subscription app that gives better control over this type of situation.
I was originally recommended this app by Shopify Support, and honestly, it's been the best decision I've made. Their app works without hiccups, although I would advise checking everything before going live. I need to give a special mention to Gagandeep from their support staff, I have talked with her on repeated occasions mostly for small things, but when we needed to migrate our store to a more robust template. She expedited a support request to have the app manually installed on our new site. I would highly recommend this app if you plan on selling subscription products on your store, functionality, internal reports, and ease of order and subscription management is unparallel. Again I need to reiterate that thir support staff is amazing, Gagandeep has proved on repeated ocassions how much they care about their clients, and by extension mine as well.