BookThatApp

BookThatApp

by Zetya

The seamless Shopify booking calendar

TheDolceVitaExperience

I used this app for my online cooking classes that I’m doing now because of COVID. I’m based in Italy with majority of clients in the US
-their app doesn’t have Zoom integration
-their calendar can’t adapt to the time zone of the person booking the class
-requires a paid installation for the regular person that isn’t comfortable with coding
I’m not using Sesami which is able to offer all of the above that their app doesn’t do, and at a similar price. It’s also aesthetically easier from the perspective of the client booking the class, as well as easier

The reason for the one star is that yes they answer messages when you reach out for help but when they do so are condescending. Their installation produced errors in the Narrative theme I just switched to and they said the errors were due to my changes. To give them the benefit of the doubt, I took the time to install a fresh version of the Narrative theme that was untouched, they installed their app and there were errors in my product pages immediately after their app installation. They claimed it was due to the theme, not their fault and were of course condescending/not very nice or client centric. During these times a lot of us our using Shopify to be able to grow or simply stay afloat to survive with the very little business we are getting. We aren’t programmers and rely on the tech people at these apps to help get our business done. This app should be more understanding of that, and I’d say don’t have the best customer service. I’d advise trying other booking apps before committing to them, and so far I’d say my experience with Sesami has been dramatically different in a positive way.

July 3, 2020

Dear thedolcevitaexperience.myshopify.com

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Unfortunately your review is not accurate

- The app supports Zoom integration

- The app provides an ICS file that translates the time of the booking into the local timezone of the customer

- The app comes with a suite of widgets to support Classes, Courses, Appointments and Product rentals that can be added with one click (no coding required). Alternatively we also offer an embedded version of the app which can be useful if you want to do more advanced customisation.

We install on the Narrative theme several times per week and there are no known issues with this theme.

We understand that you aren’t technical and we tried to provide you a lay person’s explanation of why testing in the Shopify preview page isn’t appropriate.

After providing several hours of support to you including installing and reinstalling the app several times, we decided to move on.

Your response was to call us “idiots” and write a 1 star review with false information. This seems to justify our decision.

Apex V2R

Every time updates are pushed to the app availability for clients becomes unavailable, which means sales lost.

March 13, 2020

Thanks for leaving a review. Unfortunately it is not accurate.

After reviewing your store I determined the issue is that you did not configure your products properly. As a result they are not showing availability in your store. I replied to your support ticket with detailed instructions on how to correct your product configuration.

-The Team @ Zetya Support

MyLittleTravel

Very bad and poor support, they are not helpful at all, just ask you to pay for everything !!!

Even if you pay the $25 they ask for installation they do the strict minimum, you have to do almost everything by yourself.

If you're not a English native language, welcome !

December 20, 2019

Hi My Little Travel

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

We reviewed your ticket history and it looks as though we quoted you on customising your store to use two different types of booking forms. Similar to most app developers we charge for custom work.

While we would love to be able to do custom work for free, this is not a commercial reality. We stand by the service provided to you and feel this review does not accurately describe the support we provided.

Kors Tire Inc

Very complicated and unfriendly interface.
Too hard to set up .
Disappointed. Not recommend at all. If you look for simplicity, try to do it in another place.

November 17, 2019

Hi Kors Tire

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

We are sorry that you found the app difficult to set up. Booking software can be complicated due to the complex nature of booking scenarios and there is often a learning curve. Our friendly support team is available 24x7 to help get you up and running quickly so please feel free to reach out to them at support@zetya.com if you need assistance.

Thanks!

Butterflies Massage

App full of bugs!!!! We spent DAY trying to configure this. Terrible support. One of the worst I have every seen. They do not understand what customer service means!

April 24, 2019

Dear Shop Owner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We do however dispute this review as being inaccurate. Our app is neither full of bugs nor do we have terrible support.

You hired a third party developer to add our app to a custom theme. The developer initially did not install nor configure the app correctly which we helped fix. You were then dissatisfied with the way the form rendered on your particular theme and you contacted us for a quote with customisation. We advised you of the fee for the customisation and asked you for specifics of what you want changed. For whatever reason that made you angry, and you replied with "I'll just do it myself" and left us a one star review.

We don't get it but we stand behind our service and our product.

Thanks

Kanaloa Octopus Farm

I don't even know where to start...

We have been using this app for 3 years, and it has been nothing but trouble. The first, and most pervasive problem we have been having with this app is overbooking. It has never honored the capacity that we set. We went over this with customer support for a couple years and the problem was never fixed. When the new "widget" came out, we were told it would solve our problems...

Customer support installed the widget, but they did not check their work. The number of tours changed from 2 a day to 3 a day, and at the wrong times. We came in the next day and there were 180 people overbooked for the morning tour. 180 people.

This might sound great for business, but we had to explain to an angry group, of just south of 200 people, that we could not accommodate all of them due to fire code occupancy regulations. It was a day from hell.

Customer service stepped in and made a much bigger effort (finally) to fix this problem. They did, but we now have a problem where reservations are dublicated, bringing down the total count, and losing us money.

I'm starting to think that this software is poorly written, where one problem begets another. Customer service has been very defensive when we point our issues (red flag), and it is obvious through email, that English is not their first language.

Stay away from this app. We have been spending a lot of time trying to switch to a new booking system but we feel very stuck. Run away.

Edit: I received this email from the developer a few hours after this review:

"Per our terms of service, we do not permit hostile stores to use our App. At this time I would like to notify you that access to BookThatApp will be removed in 24 hours (2019-01-23 15:15:59 +0000 UTC). At that time we will email you a csv file containing your upcoming bookings.

Sorry we were not able to work it out, and good luck with your store.

Thanks, Gavin."

It seems that they retaliate after bad reviews!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

We reviewed your ticket history and the first issue was due to you setting an incorrect time zone in your Shopify store when you set up your shop. The second issue was a bug which we promptly resolved.

We are based in Australia so we can assure you we speak English like a native :)

Your shop was suspended due to violations of our Terms of Service. This is not a step we take lightly or often. We wish you the best of luck with your shop in the future.

Urban Walkies

A lot of coding involved, poor customer service and support. I was treated like an idiot and quite frankly didn't feel as though they wanted to help me even though I was a paying customer. My website is still down due to their poor support. Please cancel my subscription immediately.

Dear Shop Owner

Thanks for taking time to leave a review!

We are sorry that you felt our support was not up to your standards. We reviewed your ticket history and see that apparently hired or had someone else install the app which was done incorrectly which broke your site and delayed your launch.

We answered your tickets in a timely manner and tried our best to direct you to our support documentation regarding your theme. These instructions provided step by step instructions on how to install the app into your theme.

There is nothing that we can see that indicates poor customer service hence we are very surprised at your review.

Nonetheless we wish you much success with your shop!

Papilio Mt Dora

Not impressed. A small business trying to add income source by adding events to our venue. Not overly tech savor and that is why we picked Shopify, which has been awesome to work with.

This app isn't easy to install - directions say to click one thing but it isn't on the screen. Needed help to just walk you through it but you have to submit a "ticket" and WAIT for someone to contact you back. No way to contact or live chat with customer service.

I am limited on time to install this and get it up and going. Can't wait days to get response or help. Also if I have to hire a tech team to install it as mentioned above from another review....this might be to technical for the average businesses owner.

Dear Shop Onwer

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

We checked out support desk history and we didn't see any tickets from you. If you had reached out to contact us we would have been happy to get you up and running in no time! We offer live chat during selected hours and our average email response time is approximately 30 minutes during business hours so we think we provide pretty good support.

You'll also be happy to hear that we've simplified the install process since you wrote this review and it's now a one click install.

If we can help you get up and running please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@zetya.com.

Thanks

The Fatfaty Store

THEY MENTION THAT THEIR APP IS COMPATIBLE FOR BROOKLYN THEME, HOWEVER, EVER SINCE I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE APP, THE AJAX CART SLIDER STOPPED WORKING. NOW THEY ARE ASKING ME TO PAY $125 FOR STARTING THE CART SLIDER AGAIN. I HAVE EMAIL TRANSCRIPTS TO PROVE MY POINT. I HAVE ALREADY PAID $150 TO THEM IN 3 SEPARATE PAYMENTS VIA PAYPAY, ONLY TO FIND THAT THEY ARE NOT DELIVERING ANY VALUE.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

The app is compatible with the Brooklyn theme, however it is not compatible with the Ajax Add to Cart feature in that theme. We note that we don't support Ajax Add to Cart in our Terms of Service.

We completed all work that you paid us to do. We also quoted you on supporting Ajax which you felt should have been done for free. When we declined to do it for free you left us a 1 star review. Unfortunately while we would love to do all work for free, we need to pay our developers so this isn't a commercial reality.

Thanks and we wish you the best of luck with your shop!

Belizeism

If you ever plan to need tech support, do not purchase. Tech support is worthless. Otherwise, the product is not bad. If you don't fit in their plan they get passive aggressive. All in all, find someone else to do business with. Working with them was a terrible 2 weeks of my life.

Dear Shop Owner

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

We reviewed your ticket history and we can see that we refunded your install fee and closed out your ticket due to derogatory comments made to our support agents. We have a zero tolerance policy for abusive behaviour. Please see https://support.zetya.com/hc/en-us/articles/211512666-Zetya-Terms-of-Service for more information about our standards.

Thanks and good luck with your shop!

Previous 1