BookThatApp Appointments

BookThatApp Appointments

From $9.95/month. 14-day free trial.
Rating (4.6)
Developer
Zetya Pty Ltd
4.6
September 13, 2022

I used this app for classes and courses booking. However the performance of the app is so slow. Page loading is very slow and takes minutes before a complete a page is loaded. Have reported this but we were repeatedly told it due to some kind of network issue on our side. But, we have no issue loading any other apps or pages.

Zontiga
Malaysia
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
Zetya Pty Ltd replied September 13, 2022

Hi Zontiga

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Shopify sets performance standards for apps and all apps need to meet these standards to be listed on the app store. BookThatApp exceeds these standards so we're sorry to hear of your store's performance issues.

Please reach out to us and raise a support ticket if you would like us to investigate your specific store. We're seeing reasonable response times when we test your specific store (https://www.webpagetest.org/result/220913_BiDcQC_55Z/1/details/) and note that there are third party javascripts that are slowing your site down. This was also identified to you in previous support tickets.

We find that reaching out to an app partner for support as opposed to writing a negative review leads to better outcomes for all parties.

The Support Team at Zetya

January 9, 2022

Bookthatapp. Is very hard to set, the system for settings is not easy, and you need a expert to do it, bookthatapp support is good, but a lot of the support don´t know anything about the app. Error 400 is a big issue for this app, i have try to get help from that problem in 45 dags, but i giv up. Peter

Lady Roots Ilha Grande
Brazil
Time spent using app: 3 months
Zetya Pty Ltd replied January 9, 2022

Dear Peter Nilsson of Lady Roots Ilha Grand,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Unfortunately this review is not accurate.

BookThatApp installs with 1 click and can certainly be installed and configured by a merchant without any expert help.

The 400 error in question was related to the Shopify checkout and not our app. We advised you of this several weeks ago and suggested rolling back your theme's cart changes, which had been significantly modified by a third party developer.

We know the app works well with an unmodified version of the Debut theme and doesn't return any errors. If you want to upload an unmodified version of the Debut theme, we'll be happy to demonstrate this for you.

We stand by the quality of our app and our support.

September 2, 2021

As soon as you install this app, it will show your products as 'no availability' on your calender. So expect a nosedive in sales. The only way to change this is to uninstall immediately. Customer service can only assist if the app is installed, so you are left playing a game of catch 22 with customer service. Oh, and to add to the misery, customer service only respond via email, so you can't solve the issues in real time. Back and forth, cat and mouse. So stupid.

Coconut Express
Time spent using app: About 6 years
Zetya Pty Ltd replied September 2, 2021

Hi Martyn Lewis from Coconut Express!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. However this review is malicious and without merit.

- When installed correctly, the app does not cause “a nosedive in sales”. Your product was configured incorrectly, hence the "no availability message. In prior tickets we also advised you how to install the app and test it without it being live on your product page.
- At various points in your interactions with us you stated that “your app sucks”, called the app “DUMB” and “a 1 star app”. Despite this, we remained polite and professional and were actually in the middle of fixing the issue when you wrote this review.
- Our support team is available by both chat and email and your tickets were answered within minutes.

Your online reputation precedes you, leaving this review even less credible.

July 3, 2020

I used this app for my online cooking classes that I’m doing now because of COVID. I’m based in Italy with majority of clients in the US
-their app doesn’t have Zoom integration
-their calendar can’t adapt to the time zone of the person booking the class
-requires a paid installation for the regular person that isn’t comfortable with coding
I’m not using Sesami which is able to offer all of the above that their app doesn’t do, and at a similar price. It’s also aesthetically easier from the perspective of the client booking the class, as well as easier

The reason for the one star is that yes they answer messages when you reach out for help but when they do so are condescending. Their installation produced errors in the Narrative theme I just switched to and they said the errors were due to my changes. To give them the benefit of the doubt, I took the time to install a fresh version of the Narrative theme that was untouched, they installed their app and there were errors in my product pages immediately after their app installation. They claimed it was due to the theme, not their fault and were of course condescending/not very nice or client centric. During these times a lot of us our using Shopify to be able to grow or simply stay afloat to survive with the very little business we are getting. We aren’t programmers and rely on the tech people at these apps to help get our business done. This app should be more understanding of that, and I’d say don’t have the best customer service. I’d advise trying other booking apps before committing to them, and so far I’d say my experience with Sesami has been dramatically different in a positive way.

TheDolceVitaExperience
Italy
Time spent using app: 3 months
Zetya Pty Ltd replied July 3, 2020

Dear thedolcevitaexperience.myshopify.com

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Unfortunately your review is not accurate

- The app supports Zoom integration

- The app provides an ICS file that translates the time of the booking into the local timezone of the customer

- The app comes with a suite of widgets to support Classes, Courses, Appointments and Product rentals that can be added with one click (no coding required). Alternatively we also offer an embedded version of the app which can be useful if you want to do more advanced customisation.

We install on the Narrative theme several times per week and there are no known issues with this theme.

We understand that you aren’t technical and we tried to provide you a lay person’s explanation of why testing in the Shopify preview page isn’t appropriate.

After providing several hours of support to you including installing and reinstalling the app several times, we decided to move on.

Your response was to call us “idiots” and write a 1 star review with false information. This seems to justify our decision.

March 13, 2020

Every time updates are pushed to the app availability for clients becomes unavailable, which means sales lost.

Apex V2R
Time spent using app: About 1 year
Zetya Pty Ltd replied March 13, 2020

Thanks for leaving a review. Unfortunately it is not accurate.

After reviewing your store I determined the issue is that you did not configure your products properly. As a result they are not showing availability in your store. I replied to your support ticket with detailed instructions on how to correct your product configuration.

-The Team @ Zetya Support