BookThatApp

BookThatApp

by Zetya

The #1 Rated App for Appointments, Classes and Product Rentals

Recovery Counseling

This is a GREAT app and I would have given it a 5 star review but some of their "Support" person saying that I would be banned from further support if I continued to use all caps in my message. I only used it in two words to add emphasis and not to be insulting in anyway. Alex did more damage to my perception of this company in 5 minutes to tear down all of the positive feelings I had about the company over the past month of setting this service up. Very sad to post this. Update to this review: I was further contacted by email to say that my review was misleading by using the word "threatening" and so I have removed it but now I do feel harassed because I am being individually targeted by this company. Again just hours ago I would have written an Excellent review for this App - it's exactly what I needed and I'm eager to use the subscription model but now I am afraid that I will be unfairly targeted for having expressed my opinion. I urge their support team to focus on helping customers to what is otherwise a GREAT product.

February 12, 2021

Dear Merchant

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Your review however is completely misleading. We did not insult or threaten you in any way.

We politely asked you to refrain from using all caps when communicating with our support desk. The majority of our customers understand this standard internet protocol and appreciate the heads up.

If you believe that writing a malicious review is the right way to respond to a polite request to refrain from using all caps, then so be it.

We stand by our policy to maintain a friendly and constructive support experience for both our merchants and our support staff.

In terms of being "harassed" or "unfairly targeted", these are inflammatory comments that are untrue. You chose to write a public review and we chose to respond to this review with the facts. If you didn't want a public response, then perhaps you should have chosen a different medium to provide your feedback.

Bicycle Services

Now after 9 months of use, I feel that this review is more accurate/fair - In principle, and when working smoothly, this app is the best I found in regards to customisation and complexity. Why I chose this app - I have 47 members of staff, all of which offer a variety of services/products in various locations. Therefore, needing a booking platform that'll allow a member of staff to be assigned 'services/products' they are able to offer. As well as 'locations' in which these services/products can be offered... Now, if a staff member has been assigned a service, in a location that takes 'X' amount of time, that member of staff needs to show as unavailable at that time (plus a 15min buffer perhaps)... The last thing any business needs is for that member of staff to be double booked - Hence the need for a booking system that will allow you to set the service/product offering of a staff member, as well as setting the location in which they work. I genuinely haven't found another app offering a solution for this. However, over the last 6 months of the website being live, I'm still getting the same issues reoccurring. These are just some examples - Regularly allows double bookings - You're on you own here, they'll 'fix' it, but it won't last long (lost count of how many times this has happened) No 'locations' saved on appointments - You've got a booking, but where?? Customer remarks - "I can't select any dates from the calendar" "There's no dates to select... Just says no availability" "I can select a date, but then says no times available? I've gone through 10 dates??? Why can I select them if there's no times available???" "I can't checkout, just says you reservation can't be saved?" BTA customer support - "Your customer is using an out of date browser" - Meaning they can double book. So now you need to explain to the customer why you cant fulfil their order. "What device and browser did your customer use to book?" - I don't know? Whilst this might help to resolve the issue, it's not good for business. I've been paying for highest service package, just to be told - "We process tens of thousands of bookings successfully per day, so yes I would say the app is delivering value for the thousands of merchants that use it" I'm constantly having to get in touch to resolve issues, I dread to think how many lost sales there are as not all customers get in touch with us to let us know there's a problem, and just move on. No resolve. Just expected to accept this is what happens. I originally left a 5* review after too shorter timescale to have really had any experience of using the app. After a few months of use, discovering more and more issues and lack of customer service, I then left a poor review. However, retracted it after Alex contacted me looking to resolve my many issues. This review is more accurate, and fair.

January 18, 2021

Dear Bicycleservices.co.uk

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

With software as a service there may be bugs from time to time as new features are introduced and released. We aim to minimise these and provide a fix as soon as possible. Reviewing your ticket history, it appears that we have addressed your issues as they were identified.

We stand by our product and our service.

Historic Jefferson Hotel

I have now used this app to run my hotel booking with for 5 months. The app itself is great, has some lag time in updates, but overall pretty good. The tech support however is another issue. I've had about 7 experiences with tech support and they were all horrible. First off there is no phone contact so you will only be conversing via email. This option would be fine as they get back with you quick enough but they only get back with you almost always asking for more information. It states very clearly that you are to provide links or screenshots of the issue you are having. I like to use screenshots so that is my preferred way of communicating. Well they need to just remove this option because they don't use screenshots, trust me on this, I'll send you my conversation with them. The last interaction, which prompted this review, was mostly about how they (Alex) couldn't view my screenshots and kept asking for links. I asked them to view the screenshots on another source as I have tried on many other sources and it worked fine. My suggestion was ignored and I was repeatedly asked for links. It's a little hard for someone to understand an issue with a link. For example the link they were asking for was to a calendar that has a months worth of information on it. They would have to go through the entire month to figure out where my issue is, when with a screenshot it's right in front of them. I even sent a link and got no response to my issue, which finally fixed itself as it was simply a matter of the system being lagged. All I wanted was a quick answer but I was dealing with the difficult ways to communicate. When I first signed up for this app it was the only booking option, now there are several others, with phone support available. I'd suggest using the other apps if you think you will run into issues. You can email me via historicjefferson@yahoo.com if you want to see my experience with them or have any questions.

November 25, 2020

Hi Historic Jefferson

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

We have reviewed your support ticket and unfortunately your review is not completely accurate. The screenshots you provided in your ticket were unreadable so we asked you to provide a link to the product, booking or blackout in question. The link you did send showed all bookings and we weren't able to determine which product or booking you were referring to in your email.

Asking a merchant to provide the necessary information to be able to troubleshoot is a reasonable request and we stand by the quality of our customer service.

Rooms.Taipei

The app is simply put a confusing mess. The language explaining the features is really hard to understand. Whoever planned the logic and user experience behind this app did not do a good job. I got a much more clear and concise feeling from the Webkul Booking app.

Support gave me a boilerplate excuse regarding the customisation of my theme to justify not reading the actual question (they have a special page that is supposed to detail what to do on my theme but it isn't up to date).

The features I care the most about (minimum blocks of time) aren't available.

I originally tried the app because of the impressive reviews. I am now doubting that they are real.

December 26, 2019

Hi Rooms Taipei

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the feedback. We do wish to refute some of the allegations however based on your ticket history and our response.

We offered to help you install the app. You didn't take us up on the offer. We are more than happy to get customers up and running.

The app also supports minimum dates. However you requested a minimum date that varies by season which is not supported.

Our reviews are very much real and we don't appreciate the insinuation that we have fake reviews. We take great pride in our customer service.

If you change your mind and want to give us another try feel free to reach out to our friendly 24x7 support team at any time.

Body Mind & Soul

The app builds a calendar and keeps somewhat a decent track of classes but the customer service is not good at all. Every time something goes wrong and we email support, the support team says it is Shopify's fault, not theirs. Thing go haywire alot. Wrong time and dates are sent as customer confirmations, events do not close when sold out. We have never been helped, only told to change the coding in Shopify and to contact Shopify to let them know their coding is wrong.

November 2, 2019

Hi Mind Body & Soul

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

We took a look at your most recent ticket history and we can see that the last issue you contacted us about was in relation to errors in your Shopify theme. While we can appreciate that it can be confusing for shop owners to determine what functionality is related to Shopify vs the app, we don't feel it's fair for you to give us a two star review when the issue was related to your theme and not the app. While we would love to be able to troubleshoot all errors in a shop, unfortunately our no charge support is limited to functionality related to the app and not general Shopify theme errors. We recommend you hire a developer to help you fix the errors in your theme.

In terms of our service level we feel we have provided excellent service to this shop. We have answered more than 60 support tickets for this shop over the years and provided reliable and timely support. We are sorry that you don't agree.

Thanks

Gearbox Adventure Rentals

App functions well enough but customer support SUCKS. I booked with these guys for 6 months and couldn't take it anymore so I found another solution. Every time I had a problem they would respond with "well that's not included but you can pay us more and we'll fix it" or "our app never did that" when functionality would stop working suddenly. Customer service always treated me like an idiot and refused to help while my customers couldn't pay me for my services because of their app. I was paying these guys $20 a month which is almost as much as the entire website and could never get help. Unfortunately, they have a monopoly on the booking market in regards to Shopify so there aren't many other options. My suggestion would be to use a different web platform if you want to rent products. Shopify isn't built to handle rentals easily. It's constantly a workaround to get things to work.

Dear Shop Owner

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are sorry that you think our customer support doesn't deliver as we pride ourselves on great customer service.

We reviewed your ticket history and we see we quoted you on several theme customizations. While we can appreciate that you believe custom work should be included in the monthly app fee, unfortunately that is not a commercial reality as we continually invest our app fees in development time to add new features.

We further see in your ticket history that we fixed a Javascript error caused by another app for free. We feel this is exceptional customer service so we were a bit surprised at your comments regarding our service.

We wish you the best of luck with your business!

Zetya Support

The Business Fairy

Greetings. I installed this app today (March 23, 2018), and I proceeded to follow the installation steps. Step #2 was straightforward, except that it changed the layout of my current products into a non-aesthetically pleasing layout. Step #3 of the installation required deleting a theme code and installing a new theme code. The issue was that I used ctr+F to locate the exact code they instructed that I delete, and it was not there. This made me COMPLETELY apprehensive to paste the subsequent coded information in. So, I decided to undo the previous installation steps which restored my previous product page layout (THANK GOODNESS), and decided to go with another app. Take Away: Sometimes a penny saved is a not a penny earned. #StayVigilant

Hi The Business Fairy

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are sorry you had such a poor user experience. We checked our support desk and didn't find any tickets from you so we wished you would have reached out to us for support :(

You'll be happy to note that we have greatly simplified the install process through the use of a one click install and application widgets.

Good luck with your shop!

The Support Team at Zetya

Imbibe Tours

Our company is an online tour booking company. The app performs as stated per all the previous postings except one major flaw in the coding. This app only verifies the existing inventory when an item(s) are placed in the cart. It does not verify the existing inventory against what has been already placed in the cart and if the customer adds to the cart with the same item the app will allow overbooking of the item or tour beyond the maximum that has been setup in the app.

Try it out on your own product page, enter the maximum number of items you have available to your cart, then add it again and again and again. It will keep adding to the cart and allow the customer to check out. This will cause overbooking of our tours and a customer nightmare. We have brought this to the developers attention and they stated it was not a concern they were willing to address.

I have researched this and spoke with other developers, the calls for the cart items are provided by Shopify and verifying this information would be a simple fix. If you are booking limited quantities with this app be aware of this short coming and the possibility of overbooking.

Dear Shop Owner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

You'll be happy to note that we have added a second availability check on the cart page that addresses the concerns you raised in your review.

Good luck with your shop!

The Support Team at Zetya