BoxBuilder: DIY Product Bundle

Increase AOV by letting your customers create custom bundles.

$19.99/month. 7-day free trial.

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

All About Velour

I was so excited to finally offer build a gift box feature however this app does not work properly. The backend will often not show up, often show an error message. Most often, the backend shows "create your first builder!" screen even though I already have a builder live on my website. This is problematic because it takes forever to reload and reload and reload and try to get the builder that is LIVE to even show up on the backend in order to edit it. As of today, the live version is showing only 4 steps, but the backend (when it decides to even show the builder) shows 6 steps. There is no live chat, so I feel like there is no support regarding this. What it boils down to is that this is the app that many of us need/want, but for $20/month it is insanely expensive for an app that doesn't work properly. If there was a free or even cheaper version, you might be able to stomach these issues despite the subscription fee. But for $20/month, almost the same price as the entire Shopify subscription, I expect the app to appear in the backend, and not have discrepancies between what is LIVE on the website and what the backend shows. I would love to revisit this app eventually in the future but as of now, unfortunately $20/month is way too much for something that presents incomplete steps to my customers. I can deal with the backend not showing up and being annoying, although it shouldn't,- but now that it is showing LIVE only 4 steps to my customers, who now can't complete their gift boxes, while the backend shows 6 (when it decides to appear) there isn't even anything I can do about this and it makes my shop appear incomplete, glitchy, and therefore unprofessional.

March 14, 2022

Thank you for your honesty. I apologize for this problematic and frustrating first experience you've had with Box Builder. We set high customer service standards for ourselves - I'll be reviewing this case and reaching out personally via email to make sure we turn this experience around for you. - Hannes Bez, Customer Lead

Not Another Bunch Of Flowers

Gutted that this app didn't work for me. Like some of the reviews below, I felt it had so much potential, and would have been absolutely perfect for my business but I experienced far too many problems that became quite costly for me. The developer is extremely helpful though and once it's working properly it'll be a brilliant app.

Cheese Therapy

Location Australia

Too many bugs for us to have confidence in this app. When it worked, it was brilliant... but it didn't work all the time. We had to set up Advanced Shipping Rules which meant this app didn't work with shipping rules. It's such a shame because we did great sales through it. We couldn't find an app similar.

January 27, 2021

Hi there. Thank you for the review and for using our app over the last few months. I wanted to ask, were you having any issues recently? We're aware that you needed Advanced Shipping Rules integration, so we're in contact with them to find out how we can integrate and, providing all is well, we'll integrate that soon. I know we had some teething issues a few months back but we weren't aware you were having any issues recently. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to hear what those were so I can take a look. Thank you and all the best with the store. I personally look forward to getting my hands on your products when I'm back on the Sunshine Coast!