Buddha Mega Menu & Navigation

Mega Menu: cool design, easy to create a drop down navigation

Free

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

My Mind's Eye Paper Goods

Time spent using app Over 3 years

I have 4 shopify sites I run and I use mega menu on two of them. the app is easy to use and seems pretty versatile. My only complaint is that if you have the app open on more than one site on the same web browser, the two accounts will clone. Very frustrating!

June 7, 2019

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We do work a lot to improve daily our apps functionality. Unfortunately, the problem with the opening of the app on multiple stores at the same time in the same browser does not depend on us.

The browsers do not allow us to do this. Until the browser functions change, our hands are tight. But we are always keep an eye on the browsers development and as soon as the technology will allow us we will make the change.
I understand this is frustrating and we hope this will get sorted.

Have a lovely day!

ToriStar Media

Time spent using app About 6 hours

I didn't get to actually use this app as I decided to use another solution, however I would like to acknowledge that their custom support was very helpful and made sure I received the help needed.

May 8, 2019

We are very happy that you received the custom support you expected. We are very sorry you didn't actually had the chance to use our app. Is there anything else we could do to improve our apps functionalities and make it 5 star worth it? Have a lovely day!

The Wild Cat Co

Location New Zealand

I had no problems using this app and like that you get one free option i think its a bit stupid that you have to write 100 characters minimum review though...

March 13, 2019

Thank you for the review :) We are happy our app helps you! The request of the minimum characters into the review it's a Shopify rule and it's the same for all apps. Have a lovely day!

BIXBOO.FR

Location France

Très bonne application simple et rapide d utilisation . Un menu très pratique et fonctionnel pour embellir un peu plus son site . Je recommande.

March 8, 2019

Je vous remercie pour les gentils mots, cela signifie beaucoup pour nous!
Pouvons-nous faire quelque chose pour améliorer notre application et mériter 5 étoiles? Il est toujours bon de recevoir des feedbacks honnêtes de nos clients.

Orchira Pearls

We wanted to have a menu that offered something different from the classic simple drop down and the Mega Menu has done just that.
The support team when asked, responded quickly and with solutions to my question.
If you need a menu that is different, then I would seriously consider installing the Mega Menu.

1SourceTool

We started with the free version (Simple tree menu) for our automotive tool store 1SourceTool. It worked well but because we were using a customized theme, as we added additional main categories the main menu & sub-menus would creep past the bottom of the page and we couldn't scroll down to the lowest items on the menu. This appears to be a limitation of our theme, not the app.

We therefore upgraded to the next level and are using the tabbed menu which keeps all of our subcategories at an elevated position with no need to scroll. It is very easy to add/delete/modify items on the menus & sub-menus. We are very happy with this app.

Floresensantiago.cl

Location Chile
Time spent using app About 1 year

Va super bien con mi pagina web. Me gustaría mas funciones para la versión gratis, pero por el momento va bien.

AxioVit

Location Netherlands
Time spent using app About 1 month

I needed a proper menu structure for my Shopify website. In fact, coming from a web marketing background, I think every website needs that! Anyway, the Buddha Mega Menu app did exactly what I needed, it's easy to understand and it has very easy to follow instructions to get started.

Wellnostics

Considering I have no code experience whatsoever this is a really easy app to build a very professional looking mega menu. Make us as a company look bigger than we are which is always a bonus and allows us to show off all we have in a structured manner - There is a lot of code so it may slow your site down - we used a shopify expert afterwards to tidy any code up to speed things up.

Bolo Motorsports

We were very pleased to learn the existence of this app as our vast product line-up [of automotive performance parts] dictates that we have a menu that enables customers to quickly find a product category and then drill down into sub-categories from there. It must be noted that the primary selling point for us is said ability to create sub-categories, sub-sub-categories, sub-sub-sub-categories and so on. However, due to limitations that Shopify places on the size of assets that can be saved in a shopify theme, this app was unable to handle the amount of product categories/products (20k +) that we had to organize within the app. As we got close to completing the build-out of our menu, the software crashed whenever we attempted to save the menu.

It is important to note that this could have been resolved if we made the decision to overall our design plans, but this is not something we were willing to do as we have data that shows it would be confusing to our customer base, and result in a fundamental change in the layout/flow of our site. The app team noted that one day they would change the way their data/storage is combined to be better optimized for Shopify's imposed limitations. It must be noted that we also reached out directly to shopify to increase said limitations, but they were unwilling to do so. As a result, we moved to a new menu solution that better compliments our business needs. Our site is in a beta launch: www.bolomotorsports.com

All in all, despite our situation, the app team was very helpful/responsive, additionally there are elements of their UI/backend management section that is easier to use. In the future, when we build another site with fewer assets, we would definitely consider this product again. Furthermore, I recommend it to anyone that is shocked that Shopify does not offer a native menu/categorization system and is in need of one -- with the understanding that you have less than 5k products/variants to implement within the platform.

Please reach out to us directly if you have any additional questions or concerns about our experience.