Buddha Mega Menu & Navigation

Mega Menu: cool design, easy to create a drop down navigation

Free plan available

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

Aural Audio

Time spent using app 13 minutes

Caveat Emptor. The "Fully Customizable" feature claim is a bald-faced lie. The developer deliberately made this menu very difficult to style, by adding !important to all of the classes. Like, they built the menu, then went back and did everything they could to make it difficult to style. Very frustrating, but not insurmountable. Each time you edit the menu, the styles are reset, so make sure you have themekit installed with local copies. The breakpoints are not well-deisgned, kicking in at 749px (an iPad, of course, is 768 in portrait). Those can also be reset if you're comfortable with javascript, but again your changes will be overridden each time you modify the menu (like fixing a spelling error). There is no documentation. after first posting my review, the developer emailed me, begging me to remove it. I told them that if they could provide some documentation as to defining/resetting the breakpoint, I'd revise. The minute I took the review down, they changed their tune completely, and emailed me a terse response: "a few customers who want to make some design changes. But this is on their own. And we do not recommend this. Because our app was not built for this. ... But please keep in mind the most important thing: this is an app that needs to be used as it is. We do not recommend to modify it. Actually we even state this in Terms and conditions." Try Globo menu instead.

May 4, 2021

Hello! Please see below our answers:

- We did not begged you to remove the review, this is not true (have emails to prove it)

- We explained to you that the reason why we added !important was to make sure that our design changes can be applied to all the themes. Many themes will overwrite our styles if not used the !important. In order to make an app compatible with all the Shopify Themes we need to find solutions as general as possible. So, this is not a conspiracy on how to make life difficult for you.

- We also explained that you needed to create your own CSS file in order to solve the problem. You just didn't want to do it, even though this is the golden rule and all the developers respect it: when you want to modify an app, a code that it is not yours, you create your own files. There is not anything else we could have done to help you make the changes you wanted.

- You are chasing us for more than a month on all our channels and leave negative comments. On the app store, for example, you left us a 1 star review first from another store over a month ago, you closed that store and now you installed our app again on this new store only to leave this review. Your mind was already made up. You are just using programming terminology without a real backup and you don't want a communication with us or a solution. You just decided that we are bad.

We did try to help you in all the ways we could. We are sorry that our app was not a fit for you.

We really hope that you find what you are looking for with other apps. We wish you all the best!

Standartpark

Time spent using app Over 2 years

This is not a good application for reliability , nor if you want to get in touch with their customer service. Its only by email, no way else to contact them. Their navigation goes down many times, disrupts the smoothness of your site. We do not recommend this application, to many risks. And then no one to get ahold of to take care of the problems. Not a good feeling. There is better out there, as we have now.

September 15, 2020

Hello,
I am very sorry about the issue that occurred on 10th of September. I know as a business owner myself how crucial it is to make sure you don't have a downtime.

As we explained in each of the emails you sent us, the issue was caused by a change made by Shopify to the script tags which affected our app and other Apps on the app store. We weren't given a previous notice about this change so we could not prevent this.

We take responsibility for every one of our faults, but in this case we could not have prevented it. Also, it was 2 am at our end when the issue occurred and we were working like crazy to solve the issue. And we solved it quite rapidly (a few hours) considering the huge amount of customers. So I think this speaks a lot about our customer service and our commitment.

I just want to mention that I searched through our emails and I saw that you had our app installed for 2 years and 9 months in which time you only contacted us once saying that the menu was not working ok, we sent you a reply with screenshots showing that was displaying perfectly and no response after from you. Also on 10th of September 2020 we replied to all 5 of your emails and we received no answer.

Indeed we are offering support only via email but it is a great support. Our
reply time is very short and we always come back with a solution. Again, if my colleagues leaving their children in the middle of the night to solve a customers problem is not a good support, then I do not know what it is.

My reply might seem a bit personal and honestly it is. Because we put our heart and soul in this. And at least my colleagues amazing work should be taken into account.

Again I am sorry about the downtime, no merchant should have experienced this and I wish you all the best in the future.

Rox

Virani Jewelers

We installed the app onto our website and after doing some updates to our homepage banner and header the app failed. We were having issues with it displaying on the homepage, specifically with the Google Chrome browser. I encourage anyone who uses this app to be sure that it is functional across all browser types. There were issues with timely communication with the support team because they are on a GMT timezone which is not helpful. In addition, support team told us one that their developers were away and then two when he/she came back apparently did not see an issue on their end. However sadly enough the collaborator account that we set up with them had the status "Never Logged In". That was upsetting to see because it simply translates to the idea that they were never looking into the issue to begin with. Luckily for us, we are now working on a custom mega menu through a Shopify expert at an extremely low flat rate. I suggest this to potential clients as this is a cost effective route. In addition, you do not have to worry about the trouble of having to troubleshoot potential mishaps with the app.

May 15, 2019

Hello, Thank you for the the feedback.

I was very sad to read your review, especially since you said in your last email to us that the problem is sorted and it was a cache problem. Please know that the cache problem does not depend on us, but on your devices and browsers if they are up to date. You thanked us for figuring this out and you said that it is all good now.

So there was never anything wrong with our app.

Also I looked into our archive and I saw that we were offering you technical support for more than a year. We always have responded to all of your emails and we answered to all of your questions. And you always seemed to be happy with our app

And even if our working hours are different from yours, we always have replied to you as soon as we got back in the office, the next working day.

We care too much for our clients to hire an external company who can offer support via chat at any hour. There are indeed cheaper options with these kind of companies, but also the level of support and security is considerably lower. Our support team is highly trained by us and professional. In this way our customer info will never leave our company and we are sure that we offer the best customer support we can.

This is how we decided to work with our customers, and maybe is not always popular, but it is more honest from our point of view. We are a small company and we are here not to just sell an app and offer customer support, we are here to also relate with the amazing people who reach us. This is why we are called Buddha Apps.

I really hope you understand.
We wish you all the best!

Gifting Travel

Time spent using app About 1 month

Horrible App. The thing makes my website VERY slow. I had the full paid version and they did not answer a single one of my customer service questions. 100% would NOT recommend. Go find a better app that works correctly.

March 12, 2019

We are sorry to hear that. However, our team did reply to your email from 12th of March on the same email address you contacted us from. Did you receive our email? Our team has just sent you another email with proof of the reply. Customer service is very important to us and we always reply to our customers. As for the website becoming slow because of our app, this shouldn't happen as our app is optimised as much as it can be, however we are happy to investigate this with you if you are willing to give it another try. Thank you!

49 Dzine

Time spent using app About 1 year

We have submitted over a dozen help tickets using this app. Today we submitted one because our collections weren't showing despite restarting the app numerous times. The support specialist wrote back that "it isn't the app. We did a reset anyway, but you need to close and open the app again to show your new collections." Uhhhhh, firstly, we have closed it and opened it several times, on different browsers, and this continues to be a problem. The only reason we have kept it is because we are afraid to lose all of our menu data if we switch to another Menu app. My biggest gripe is that they will randomly do service for several hours (without notice) and the app isn't usable during that time, which means you cannot add new products to your website. That's really inconvenient when you're on a time schedule for new product launches. Multiple times our new product launches have had to be postponed because of whatever maintenance or glitch there is in the app. We are definitely looking for a better app to handle our menus.

Inaaz Biz

Location India
Time spent using app About 1 month

Support is very poor, I struggled 1 month , menus still do not appear in mobile devices.

Never become their customer. They will promise you 50 % discount , then send you bill of 200 %. There is no business ethics. Only they do fraud. We struggled 37 days , they could not reflect menu in mobile.

Non-professional guys , They will send you false claim that all menus are working but they actually never worked. I suffered almost 40 days and all people must leave this vendor asap to opt better services anywhere else.

There are far better menu service providers in shopify but never use these bad jokers, who make own customer as fools. They think by exploiting 19.95 USD they can become big service provider. There is no zero cost , they will bill you full amount terminating all their promises of discount , a complete deceiver company.

Budda Mega Menu - A Very bad service provider , never become their customer , else you are landing into great trouble.

Slickies

Location Singapore
Time spent using app 4 minutes

If you have a product with multiple variants, do not use this. It did not allow my customers to add other variants to cart except for the 1st one in the order. Not recommended. After I uninstalled, the code was still left in my theme resulting in me having to pay someone to find the issue and remove it for me.

Catifornia

Time spent using app About 1 hour

doesn't work at all, with zero customer service & support
they also completely erase Your original setting, be careful !!!

Basketsboards

Today we went to our website and all of the menus just disappeared. Could not get a response from Customer Service. Ugh.

4l Creative

We tried the free version. First it did not come with any instructions while installing. Then it did not work as it says it should. We also discovered that it also did not work on mobile. The contact from support was not very helpful. Asked for us to create a staff account but did not make clear exactly what she needs access to even though we sent her screen shot of what we gave access to in the e-mail. We will not be using this service as we feel if we've provided service this slow and inadequate to our customers they would not use our services either.