Bundle Builder

Free plan available. 30-day free trial.
Rating (4.5)
Developer
4.5
Edited July 14, 2022

The app is actually very good to let you offer a "Build a box" product in your store. We've had issues with the developer making updates without telling the customers and breaking things in the process. Support answers tickets within 24 hours, but only once a day... so good luck fixing issues with them. They will try to assign blame to other apps when you reach out to them. If you pressure them enough, they might get a senior developer on the case to actually fix your issue (that they caused in the first place). Great app, still on the fence about the support and reliability. Hopefully, I'll update my review to a 5 stars in the next few months, I really hope so.

KandJu
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
Bundle Builder replied July 14, 2022

Thank you for updating your review and highlighting how Bundle Builder is doing a good job of offering 'Build a box' functionality on your store. We are truly sorry for the issues your store faced with the recent update and have taken on board your feedback on communicating these changes earlier to merchants. Thank you for your input, we really appreciate it.
We will be working hard to show you how committed we are to our merchants over the coming months - and hopefully we'll see your review updated to 5 stars soon :) If you need anything in the meantime, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

November 27, 2021

I used this app to help me bundle my black friday deals. The set up was easy and it work for that purpose. I have a few grievances with the app though. 1. I don't like that fact that you can't schedule have the free version auto disable. I don't know if this is a feature on the paid version. 2. When I print out my invoice, the items do not show up individually which means that I have to refer back to the order online to pack my orders. Aside from that it's an ok app. Those tweaks but make it a great app.

Beyond 21 Boutique
Time spent using app: About 1 month
Bundle Builder replied November 29, 2021

Hey there - thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm sorry to hear there were a few things you weren't happy with in the app - for your second point, I can see you've used our single SKU bundles, but multi SKU bundles would have generated the right type of invoice for you!

I've checked our inbox, and can't seem to spot an email from you, but our support team would love to help - just drop us a line on app-support@weareeight.com, and we'll get right back to you!

Edited September 20, 2021

Was initially quite satisfied with the app's functionality, but the app's server crashed right on our launch date and the app wasn't functioning for more than an hour. We received an intimation after we wrote to them to check what was wrong. But some of my earlier support requests were still unanswered. Adam from the support team was helpful, but overall the responses aren't quick enough.

Notcoy
Time spent using app: 2 months
Bundle Builder replied September 15, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to update your review - we really do value all feedback. Unfortunately, our server did experience some downtime, but the team worked to get this up and running as soon as possible.

We're a small team, based in the UK, so our timezones may not always overlap - however, we're always here to help, and I can see Adam has resolved your stock location query - let us know if you need anything else!

March 25, 2021

App works well but the customer support is very bad. They do not offer chat or calls and it can take a while to get an email back, especially if you are on different time zone. They mostly send you documentation for you to find the solution.

Biota Eco Wear
Colombia
Time spent using app: 5 months
Bundle Builder replied April 7, 2021

Hello Biota Eco Wear - thank you for the review. We're pleased to let you know that we offer both onboarding calls and live chat, and our support team have been in contact regarding a theme setting for the cart - this just needs a small adjustment to correctly process the orders. Feel free to reach out anytime. All the best!

November 19, 2020

THREE THINGS I WOULD CHANGE TO BUNDLE BUILDER APP hello i want to know where can i communicate if i have a question? after that i want to make some comments on what if i could change i would:
the bundles show a price which is not accurate because it depends, once you choose the bundle, which flavor you want hence the price, but if you remove it is is also removed in the subtotal, it would be amazing if its not shown at the beginning but then shown after choosing exactly what you want.
second comment: i hate that you cant use discount codes
third comment: it would also be amazing if the abandoned checkout cart email that shopify send automatically would not be blocked by the app, i think that really helps

PACHIMAMA
Mexico
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
Bundle Builder replied December 7, 2020

If you want to get in touch with the support team, our email is support@bundlebuilder.app.

We can help with the pricing. The pricing of bundles are variable (that what makes them so good for increasing AOV), but this sometimes leads to prices on collection pages that are unrepresentative of the bundles. We can walk you through your options (ideally changing the price to 'from x').

The discount codes and abandoned cart emails will work on 'Single SKU' bundles, but sadly not currently on 'Multiple SKU'. This is a limitation of Shopify's Draft Orders.

Anything else you need, just pop us an email, we're here and happy to help!