Buy Button channel

Buy Button channel

by Shopify

Sell your products on any website or blog.

SpanishTO

Buy Buttons are great for business, but slow to process payments.
Square Payments pays in 24 hours.

July 7, 2020

Thank you for providing your feedback, and I can sympathize why for merchants it's preferable to receive payouts from their orders as soon as possible. I will be sure to pass your request onto our development team for their consideration. -Victor, Shopify Support

Outlet Values

You need to more exactly specify the space/sizing needs with tables/frames for this to work/look ok. The functionality is inconsistent when using the different modes offered.

July 1, 2020

Thank you for writing your review and for providing your feedback to us here. I can certainly see why this additional information would help you when it comes to embedding the Buy Button on third-party sites, so I will be sure to submit this suggestion to our development team on your behalf. Thanks again for detailing your feedback to us here. -Victor, Shopify Support

Katie So

Integrating the button to my website was simple. However the product images were so degraded, I was really disappointed. Despite trying different sizes, dimensions and resolutions (all saved for web), the images still look terrible. The option to have an enhanced button template was also missing, so even though I had multiple images and a product description, I wasn't able to choose the enhanced template feature to show those. There should be clarification that a Shopify "Free Trial" does not entitle you to truly run a store. I received error messages when first attempting to run transactions with no clear solution provided. This was only rectified when I paid for an account, which I didn't realize was necessary when signing up. I understand having to pay for the service, but the error message was not clear that that was the issue.

June 26, 2020

Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'll be sure to pass along that feedback to the relevant teams. Your product images certainly shouldn't be degraded when using the button - I'd like to help you troubleshoot that further, so I'll send you an email shortly and we can take a look together. Talk soon! - Brie, Shopify Support

Alpine Shrine Skincare

Glad this feature exists because it allows me to continue using Wix as my front end (way more flexible than any Shopify theme, btw), however there are some limitations with the buy button.
- Sizing is awkward
- Only links to a specific product/collection, no other flexibility
-Only available as iFrame for WIX
-Uses a 'pop-up' cart, rather than a redirect, which is quite annoying.

All-in-all, there is plenty of room for improvement, and it works alright.

June 25, 2020

Hi, there! Thanks so much for the helpful feedback - I can definitely see how those changes would be valuable.

In regards to the pop up cart as opposed to redirecting the customer, we've found that it lowers user experience to redirect customers away from the page they're on, and often results in abandoned carts - though I certainly can see your point!

I'd like to gather a few more details about your other requests, so that I can pass those on to our developers for you. I'll reach out to you via email shortly and we can speak there. Cheers! - Brie, Shopify Support

fiftyrock

Nice and easy coding/merging with website, but I’ve had some issues where customers In Safari don’t receive the “cart checkout” pop up when clicking on “add to cart”.. not a lot of info out there on fixing this..

June 11, 2020

Hi, there! Thanks for reaching out about that. This is most likely because the customer has blocked any site popups on their browser, however I'd like to look into that further for you. I'll follow up with you via email shortly for some more information. Thank you. - Brie, Shopify Support

21st Century Steals-N-Deals

Only complaint - put more customization in the code generator for button. For example Pixel Size of CompareAt pricing has to be changed in code for each button. Why can't you just make a customization to change it or remove it outright from the display.

June 1, 2020

Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and I can definitely see how that option would be helpful! I'll be sure to pass that on to our developers so that they know you'd like to see more customization options. Thanks for the feedback! - Brie, Shopify Support

Wild Bee Boutique

Not even sure how this app got installed, It looks like the Buy Button was added to almost all my inventory - but I don't want it added to all my inventory, Only inventory that I have for sale on other sales channels. It looks like I will have to manually remove the button from 700 items? Can this be fixed another way?

May 22, 2020

Hi, there! If you don't want to use the Buy Button sales channel, you can easily remove it under Settings > Sales channels in your admin (click the trash can icon). Doing this will remove it as a sales channel for all of your products by default.

If you'd like to keep the Buy Button for future use but don't want to have it available for your products for the time being, you can remove it as an option for your products using the bulk editor: https://bit.ly/2ZsaP4d or by updating your products via a CSV file: https://bit.ly/2IXhN89.

All of that said, the Buy Button won't take any action unless you manually go into the channel and create a Buy Button for a product and then embed it onto an external website, so there's no harm done if it sits as available for your products without use. I'll follow up with you via email shortly to see if you need any further help with this. Best! - Brie, Shopify Support

Apos Audio

I guess it mostly does what it is supposed to do.

But it's so close to being great.

I hope it has analytics, a unique identifier in each instance so we can analyze and manage the performance of each buy button, a more nuanced product variants selector, more formatting options....etc....etc....

May 13, 2020

Thanks for sharing this feedback. Our teams are always working hard to improve the functionality and features on our apps, so I appreciate you sharing these suggestions. I'd like to pass on your comments about the analytics, unique identifier, product variant selector, and formatting options to our teams. However, in the meantime, I did want to mention that we do currently offer the ability to add variants to buy buttons by following these steps: http://bit.ly/2LXt1KI. Additionally, we also have the option to create these button customizations: https://bit.ly/2LrWoVS.

I'll send you a follow up email to discuss this further and log your feedback on our end. Thanks again! - Rae, Shopify Support

Healing mountain crystals

This app is great for use when you already have a website designed and just need to add buttons as a back end to allow the customer to checkout.
The problem I ran into is that on any page of my website that doesn't have a buy button (like the home page for example and many others) then shoppers don't see the shopping cart. They have to navigate back to a page that has a buy button in order to check out, even if they've already added items to their cart.
I called shopify about this issue twice looking for a solution or even a way to get the code for the shopping cart, so I can add it to a shopping cart button on the menu bar but they said that wasn't possible.

Great app but has issues working seamlessly with my websites design, because it doesn't have a shopping cart button like paypal does.

April 7, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! Without the insight from merchants using our Shopify developed apps, we wouldn't be able to continue developing what we offer.

This set up with the Buy Button is a current limitation due to the nature of connecting your checkout to a third party website. That being said, we’re always working to improve the way our apps work, so I’ve followed up with you via email to share your experience with our development team. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Jung Provisions

I thought the buy button was a great way to direct customers to a product without having the product directly visible on my storefront. That being said, the product that I was offering a buy button for required additional details, like custom engraving, and I would have preferred the buy button carried those through as well. It may be out my scope if it is capable of that but for now I'm not aware.