Buy Button channel

Buy Button channel

by Shopify

Sell your products on any website or blog.

Teds World Famous

Does not embed product description, and breaks the Wordpress page builder plugin. Very poor.

Creative Cultures

Minimally functional. No way to configure the embed code (like add an affiliate code), or even track sales from the different sites that have embedded the code. I guess if you want to embed items from your store in several sites that you own, and don't care about tracking, this is fine. But I think Shopify didn't think through the functionality that current stores would actually need.

Cutcardstock

This app needs work. For us clicking the BUY Button would be best if the products go in to a shopping cart on our website (instead of a cart on the blog) ,then customers would have access to all our products. This limits them to purchasing only the products listed on our blog. It also has issues that are not the best when a product has variants. We tried it, but it was not something that worked for us. Looking for something else that will work for us.

Spi Entertainment

No styling of the button other than color is allowed. Would give 5 stars if it allowed padding and margin, width, height, centering, fonts, and the ability to change the fixed cart widget on the right.

Until then, this is mediocre at best.

Kissmattress

This is a great app. However, it is missing one feature that makes it unusable, the ability to style the widget.

A simple fix would be to add a custom CSS box to the Buy Button app. As long as that CSS gets sent with the iFrame content styling would then be possible.

I tried a CSS rule, which won't work because it's in an iFrame. Then I built some JavaScript code to inject CSS into the iFrame. That also won't work because browsers consider it a type of attack.

When you get there, you will run into this nasty error "Blocked a frame with origin "https://" from accessing a frame with origin "https://widgets.shopifyapps.com". Protocols, domains, and ports must match." This means that you need an SSL certificate for HTTPS, and your domain name must be "https://widgets.shopifyapps.com". Since the second one is impossible, the clear interpretation is that the browser will not allow you to style the Buy Button app.

Stevens Water

If you have multiple product variants, it lumps them all into a single dropdown, which makes choosing the correct combination very frustrating for the user. Why can't it just provide the same interface as on a regular product page?

Chimera Design

I was real hesitant to use this after I read all the bad reviews. I wanted to put products on our blog page that is hosted by blogspot to supplement our Shopify website. When I asked if I could do it, I received a very informative and helpful email from Matt at Shopify. Followed the instructions for using a link to my cart on the website. It was EASY PEASY and now I can post products for sale on our blog. Whoooo-hoooo, this app rocks.

Living Essentials

Very useful. We plan on using this app to sell our furniture on other sites.

Macroweb

Brilliant. I was looking for a way of embedding products in the sidebar of my blog and this is perfect!

Betterhookahpens

I'm glad this is available, I've been meaning to integrate a buy button into our multiple sales channels.