Buy Button channel

Sell your products on any website or blog.

Price: Free

Au PAYS des MASQUES

Location France

So sad for a button that should already be on the PLP or collection page not easy to add or remove!

July 18, 2020

Thank you for writing your review and for providing your feedback to us here. I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience when using the buy Button app, and that you found it difficult to add and remove—I'll be sure to pass on your comments to our development team for them to review. -Victor, Shopify Support

Masato Jones

Time spent using app About 2 months

Doesn't seem to work with Twitter? This page implies it does and gives setup instructions:
"After you create a checkout link, you need to share the link with customers so that they can use it. You can copy the link text and paste it in email campaigns, social media posts, or direct messages. For example, you could paste the link in a Twitter post to let your followers easily buy a product on sale, or you could text the link to a customer who messages you asking how to buy a product."
I've followed the instructions but only get options for a website or blog.
Does this not work for Twitter now?

20 Jun 2020 Still doesn't work, No email received from Brie. Maybe because I'm a contractor working on this site so therefore my email is not the one listed as Store Contact Email?

20 July - still nothing.

June 11, 2020

Hi, there! You can certainly create a checkout link to share on Twitter. You'll want to navigate to Products > select the product > More actions > Create checkout link. You would then copy it and share it on your Twitter. I'll follow up with you via email shortly to see if you need any further assistance with that. Thanks! - Brie, Shopify Support

Kinky Toy Store

Time spent using app Over 3 years

This app is a great idea but poorly executed. We encountered major layout issues with both individual and category buttons, which makes this app useless. Not recommended until this problem gets fixed. I doubt that will be anytime soon.

March 9, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the layout issues you ran into, and I'd like to learn more about these to help troubleshoot further. I'm going to reach out to you via email shortly to discuss this in more detail. I look forward to speaking with you soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

Prepped for Paradise

Time spent using app About 3 hours

I tried to work with this app and it won't even load consistently in Shopify. It is a frustrating waste of time.

August 20, 2019

Thank you leaving your feedback and I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues with getting the Buy Button to load correctly. I'll be sending you an email shortly so that we can hopefully discuss this in more detail and find a solution. Please keep an eye out for my email and I look forward to discussing this with you further. -Victor, Shopify Support

Festivaults

Time spent using app Over 1 year

Spent way too much time troubleshooting this app. Thought it would be perfect to sprinkle into the blog, but the button would either never be centered right or accidentally put 3 buttons in a row. Wouldn't recommend.

May 30, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! Adding Buy Buttons to your blog posts or other pages is a great way to boost conversion, and I’ve followed up with you via email so we can troubleshoot this together. Hope to hear back from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support

Health Harmonic

Time spent using app Almost 3 years

I think this app sucks and needs to be re-developed. The buttons can't be customized well and slow the page load down to a crawl on pages where I've put them. Please develop an improved version that actually allows you to create "Amazon style" buttons or other easy to read buttons.

Reply to dev response: You haven't addressed any of my concerns: SLOW LOAD TIME (why?), poor graphic controls, not easy to read, poor conversion. I won't hire a shopify expert when I can just not use this stupid app! I can create my own buttons with an external cart URL and it works fine and doesn't slow down my site. The point of an app like this should be for DIY not to hire an expert!

I've tweaked CSS myself on quite a few apps to create great looking buttons that convert well on my (non-shopify) pages so why make this one so locked down and dysfunctional?

This app sucks just get rid of it or start over and redevelop it! Clearly I'm not the only one who feels this way since 38 people gave it one star likely because we can't give it zero.

June 14, 2019

Thanks for providing this feedback about Shopify's Buy Button app!
Although there are some customization tools within the app, I understand your frustration with the limited ways you can update the look and feel of the button. We generally recommend that you get in touch with a developer (such as a Shopify Expert: https://experts.shopify.com/developers), but our team is always looking for ways to improve. I’ve reached out to you via email so we can take a look at this together, and I hope to hear from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support

Skiff Life We Fish Skinny Water

Time spent using app Over 2 years

***CHECK YOUR BUY BUTTONS, THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR IPHONE & IPAD USERS***

I just discovered after months of use that any Buy Button embedded code on my website does not work while the website is viewed on iPhone or iPad in Safari and Chrome. When clicked, a white screen displays that requires you to force close the browser. I am absolutely SICK to my stomach at the thought of how much money this has cost us.

This was tough to discover as it works fine on desktop and Android.

What I find MOST APPALLING is the complete lack of ownership of the issue by Shopify. They tried to blame the issue on my website, once I proved without a doubt it was not the case they now have gone silent. I suspect they do not have the technical ability to troubleshoot mobile problems with this product.

BEWARE, DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!

Cielo Collective

Location Australia

I tried to create a simple button to add to my blog on my shopify website so I could direct customers to my specific collection, well, it wasn't so simple after all.
I am sure you can do better shopify.

Purewod

The fact you can't customize the button with this widget is a complete disaster. Get your act together and do the work.

HINT TO SHOPIFY: If you fix this, more people will be using the buy button, which means more revenue for them, which means more revenue FOR YOU!

No brainer. Use your brains.

Stevens Water

If you have multiple product variants, it lumps them all into a single dropdown, which makes choosing the correct combination very frustrating for the user. Why can't it just provide the same interface as on a regular product page?

Previous 1