Buy Button channel

Buy Button channel

by Shopify

Sell your products on any website or blog.

Jung Provisions

I thought the buy button was a great way to direct customers to a product without having the product directly visible on my storefront. That being said, the product that I was offering a buy button for required additional details, like custom engraving, and I would have preferred the buy button carried those through as well. It may be out my scope if it is capable of that but for now I'm not aware.

GiftsUnder$25

It’s really helpful and integrates pretty well with wix, though many features are missing from a true Shopify site. We cant add a cart as each individual code goes in its own HTML box, and we can’t sort the products as each product and code is individual. More integration with other companies would help

January 15, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. While you're right that the Buy Button doesn't create the same cart features as are available on a Shopify store, there are some options.

Depending on the exact set up you'd like to achieve, you may be able to use Collections with the Buy Button (http://bit.ly/2mIfRIL) or Checkout Links (http://bit.ly/2pfEQnI)!

I’ve also reached out to you via email so we can chat further and I can share your thoughts with our development team. Hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Bad Basketball

I am using this to show my products on a custom Wordpress site I built. The core functionality is solid, although there are 2 things I would add.

1. The ability to redirect to Checkout in the same tab. (I had to mess with the code of the buy button for a while too figure this one out. I was able to accomplish it but it would be much nicer if it was an option like in the sidebar when creating the buy button)

2. Since I do not have an actual strorefront on Shopify (I own my own domain) when users are redirected to checkout the url changes to my shopify store url. I would rather have the url stay the same because if someone inputs the shopify store url into their browser they will get the blank default theme. If I switch to the Shopify Lite plan then I loose some of Shopify's functionality and plugin ability (Most notably Kit)

December 10, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review. Your feedback is valuable for app development. I see that you've reached out to us regarding this, and a member of our Support Team suggested a workaround - have you tried this already?

Nevertheless, I've gone ahead and sent you an email to follow up to see if there's anything I can do to support you with those steps. Hope to hear from you soon! - Ryder, Shopify Support

DrMoon

App not working. I tried to contact them and i had no response for help. I hope someone contact me. I added the app but i cant creat buttons. when i try the page of Buy Button try to load, but the loading fail, then i recieve ERROR msg, and then bring me back to the page that i was, the Shopify dashboard.

November 12, 2019

Thank you for writing your review and I'm sorry to hear that you have not heard back from us on this issue. I will be happy to take a look at this loading error for you, so I will reach out to you via email shortly to gather more information on this problem and hopefully offer some solutions. Please keep an eye out for my email and let me know if you still require assistance on this. -Victor, Shopify Support

Eileen’s Love

Overall its handy to launch products to select customers rather then having to post live, However I don't like that they can't see any product info, its just straight to cart and one tiny little picture.

October 1, 2019

Thank you for writing your review and for providing feedback on what you'd like to see added to the Buy Button's functionality. I can see why having additional product information included would be helpful and I will be passing your suggestion onto our development team for their consideration. Merchant feedback is a key component when it comes to deciding how we can improve the apps and features we offer, so thank you again for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. -Victor, Shopify Support

The Beer Library

Decent app overall. Seems to function well enough. The new ability to access from the product page is nice.

However, I find its use limited for my business as I can not create a checkout link with multiple different items. It's rare that my customers purchase single items so being able to curate a custom basket of items would be very helpful.

September 25, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! If you know customers would like to purchase certain items together, we do have the option to create a Buy Button for collections (http://bit.ly/2mIfRIL). If you have customers that are reaching out directly as well, Draft Orders could be a good solution for creating custom carts! This page here talks about those (http://bit.ly/2mQFk2r).

I've also followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team, so that we can continue to improve Shopify and our apps. Thanks again! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Freeflow Spas

We wanted to use the Buy Now button on our existing WordPress site. It worked, but it didn't provide any flexibility or customization. So we had to upgrade to a Shopify-hosted product page to achieve the results we wanted for our store.

Chater-Lea Limited

Button works well but integration with PayPal Express Checkout is not working well. It takes 5+ seconds for this to load. Tested in multiple browsers and multiple locations and the same issue. When reported to Shopify I was told it was a PayPal issue which it might be but you need to get it resolved as its impacting all those that use this!

Motley Kingdom

It works but could be FAR better and needs altering to even suffice. Sadly uses iframes (what decade is this?) so it can't match your site's styling and fonts. The script you add is very cluttered, inefficient coding. And to be able to access the cart from non-product pages you need to still have to load a product but hide the iframe. Very surprised this is an official script and not a 3rd party hack.

Also, as others mentioned, the checkout pop up is WAY TO SMALL and confusing for customers. And it is an actual new window, not a lightbox or div. Seriously, what decade is this? Why are developers still using iframes and pop windows? That stuff has been dead and obsolete for 15 years now.

TheGardenersShop

I use the buy button on various pages on my website. I like the ease of creating the buy button and pasting the code into the HTML form. I don't like that it doesn't integrate with my shops cart though. So if someone adds something with the buy button and they leave the page to a different page, they can't see what they added to the cart and they can't add items to the same cart on different pages.

June 11, 2019

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to share this feedback!

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with the add to cart workflow with the Buy Button. Items that customers add to the cart from a Buy Button should be saved if you choose the "Adds product to cart" action option when creating the Buy Button. If this doesn't work properly, it might be an issue with your theme, so I’ve followed up with you via email so we can investigate this further and log any issues with our development team. I hope to hear back from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support

Previous 1 3