Buy Button channel

Buy Button channel

by Shopify

Sell your products on any website or blog.

DrMoon

App not working. I tried to contact them and i had no response for help. I hope someone contact me. I added the app but i cant creat buttons. when i try the page of Buy Button try to load, but the loading fail, then i recieve ERROR msg, and then bring me back to the page that i was, the Shopify dashboard.

November 12, 2019

Thank you for writing your review and I'm sorry to hear that you have not heard back from us on this issue. I will be happy to take a look at this loading error for you, so I will reach out to you via email shortly to gather more information on this problem and hopefully offer some solutions. Please keep an eye out for my email and let me know if you still require assistance on this. -Victor, Shopify Support

Eileen’s Love

Overall its handy to launch products to select customers rather then having to post live, However I don't like that they can't see any product info, its just straight to cart and one tiny little picture.

October 1, 2019

Thank you for writing your review and for providing feedback on what you'd like to see added to the Buy Button's functionality. I can see why having additional product information included would be helpful and I will be passing your suggestion onto our development team for their consideration. Merchant feedback is a key component when it comes to deciding how we can improve the apps and features we offer, so thank you again for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. -Victor, Shopify Support

The Beer Library

Decent app overall. Seems to function well enough. The new ability to access from the product page is nice.

However, I find its use limited for my business as I can not create a checkout link with multiple different items. It's rare that my customers purchase single items so being able to curate a custom basket of items would be very helpful.

September 25, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! If you know customers would like to purchase certain items together, we do have the option to create a Buy Button for collections (http://bit.ly/2mIfRIL). If you have customers that are reaching out directly as well, Draft Orders could be a good solution for creating custom carts! This page here talks about those (http://bit.ly/2mQFk2r).

I've also followed up with you via email to log your feedback for our development team, so that we can continue to improve Shopify and our apps. Thanks again! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Freeflow Spas

We wanted to use the Buy Now button on our existing WordPress site. It worked, but it didn't provide any flexibility or customization. So we had to upgrade to a Shopify-hosted product page to achieve the results we wanted for our store.

Chater-Lea Limited

Button works well but integration with PayPal Express Checkout is not working well. It takes 5+ seconds for this to load. Tested in multiple browsers and multiple locations and the same issue. When reported to Shopify I was told it was a PayPal issue which it might be but you need to get it resolved as its impacting all those that use this!

Motley Kingdom

It works but could be FAR better and needs altering to even suffice. Sadly uses iframes (what decade is this?) so it can't match your site's styling and fonts. The script you add is very cluttered, inefficient coding. And to be able to access the cart from non-product pages you need to still have to load a product but hide the iframe. Very surprised this is an official script and not a 3rd party hack.

Also, as others mentioned, the checkout pop up is WAY TO SMALL and confusing for customers. And it is an actual new window, not a lightbox or div. Seriously, what decade is this? Why are developers still using iframes and pop windows? That stuff has been dead and obsolete for 15 years now.

TheGardenersShop

I use the buy button on various pages on my website. I like the ease of creating the buy button and pasting the code into the HTML form. I don't like that it doesn't integrate with my shops cart though. So if someone adds something with the buy button and they leave the page to a different page, they can't see what they added to the cart and they can't add items to the same cart on different pages.

June 11, 2019

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to share this feedback!

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with the add to cart workflow with the Buy Button. Items that customers add to the cart from a Buy Button should be saved if you choose the "Adds product to cart" action option when creating the Buy Button. If this doesn't work properly, it might be an issue with your theme, so I’ve followed up with you via email so we can investigate this further and log any issues with our development team. I hope to hear back from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support

Clint Cora/Free Spirit Gallery

This was the main feature I needed at Shopify since I already promote my products through separate established websites. The embed codes for the buy buttons work okay if I install them in widgets within Wordpress but when I try to install these same codes anywhere on my normal website pages, the buy buttons for some reason always appear at the bottom of the webpages even if I install the html codes near the top of each page. So I'm unable to use the actual buy buttons. However, the code for direct buy links work okay and these are what I'm using on my normal webpages. So overall the system works as far as facilitating the sale but for my websites, it's the buy links being used rather than the buy button graphics.

June 11, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! I can understand why having the Buy Buttons appear at the bottom of your site would be frustrating! If the embed code is being added to a third-party site such as Wordpress, this is likely an issue with the way the Wordpress code functions, and not the Buy Button itself. That said, I’ve reached out to you via email so we can look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon! - Lauren, Shopify Support

TheHousewifeModern

The buy button isn't integrating on my site. But if I go through the "buy button" and instead choose a link, I can put the link on my site and it's working fine. So, great on being able to get people from my home site to store. But negative on the fact the buy button itself isn't working.

June 17, 2019

Hello TheHousewifeModern, firstly, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We’re always looking to improve apps with feedback like this, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer merchants such as yourself. I'm going to follow up with an email to help you out with this buy button. Based on what you have said here, you should be able to get this button to work as expected and I'd like to help you to do that. You'll hear from me soon by email, thank you!

Niall, Shopify Support

Safe Ride 4 Kids

We started using the Buy Button because we already had a site designed when we switched over to Shopify and didn't have the experience to code Shopify pages to look the way we already had our product pages looking. Unfortunately after months of using this set up we realized Google Analytics wasn't tracking conversions. We had to rearrange things and have people buy on the Shopify store product pages for Google to track the sale. So while they were nice, we don't actually use the Buy Buttons any more. And we got very good at Shopify customization.

June 17, 2019

Hello Safe Ride 4 Kids, thank you for sharing this feedback! This is a currently a limitation of the buy button, and you are correct, Google Analytics will unfortunately not track these kind of conversions from the buy button. I am glad to hear that this experience has lead to you developing an expertise in customisation, it's a good silver lining. We’re always looking to improve apps with feedback, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer merchants. So I will be emailing you as well to ask you if you have anymore feedback to log and if so, I'll be a point of contact for you there. Thank you!

Niall, Shopify Support