Buy Button channel

Buy Button channel

by Shopify

Sell products on any website or blog, or share checkout links

KJ Partners

If you stay on the Shopify platform this is a GREAT feature.

I don't stay on the platform. I have a standalone website that can easily display the contents of my collections via Buy Button code that I paste into that website BUT it only takes the basic information.

We sell personalized products now and this is an absolute non-starter at this point. None of the personalization capture fields we have in our Shopify store come across so it's just another listing that you can't modify on the off-platform website so why bother... This issue comes up because suggested modifications for product templates are accomplished using "liquid" code but, unfortunately, that can only be read by Shopify, not our website provider.

I'm now struggling to find a developer who can do a very complex task of working with Shopify's API to move that data across.

I realize this is a free "app" but, really Shopify. This doesn't do what it's advertised to do. It says you can display your products on any website, blog, etc. NO YOU CANNOT. Not if they contain anything more than basic listing information and normal variants.

Disappointed to say the least.

3 Dots by G

The buy button is a great option for those who want to use shopify on their own website but i wish I was able to integrate it more into a store-like setting with having to pay for 2 sites.

I am working with the shopify Customer Service team to make this work exactly the way I would like,

Loja Festejar com Amor

I use the buy button to sell within my Blog articles. He's great at it. It would be much better if the "Basic" template could be aligned inside the article, but it only aligns on the left side of the blog ... And the "enhanced" template looks great, but does not look aesthetically good with a measurement table for clothing.

Pongo Power

I love the idea of Shopify but the fees are too high! ;o( I'd love to be your customer, b/c I think it is an excellent app.

Ohana Bracelets

This is a great alternative for the $29 plan. You can use it on a free website service like six or weebly! The only reason I gave it 3 stars is that it doesn't have as much customizable features using html and css.

RP Advanced Mobile Systems

Easy to add code to our website, integrates well. Loads very slowly with blank page, no loading info

Camilla Christine

I like the functionality of the app, that I can add product buy buttons directly to another product page as recommended similar products. There are other apps that offer the same functionality and charge a lot for this service.

I do wish that there was some kind of analytics offered for the buy buttons. I know the buttons are there but I have no idea if they are being clicked or how frequently.

Centurian Sauna

Functionality is good, but would be much better if you could customise little things like thumbnails and pricing colours.

Kissmattress

This is a great app. However, it is missing one feature that makes it unusable, the ability to style the widget.

A simple fix would be to add a custom CSS box to the Buy Button app. As long as that CSS gets sent with the iFrame content styling would then be possible.

I tried a CSS rule, which won't work because it's in an iFrame. Then I built some JavaScript code to inject CSS into the iFrame. That also won't work because browsers consider it a type of attack.

When you get there, you will run into this nasty error "Blocked a frame with origin "https://" from accessing a frame with origin "https://widgets.shopifyapps.com". Protocols, domains, and ports must match." This means that you need an SSL certificate for HTTPS, and your domain name must be "https://widgets.shopifyapps.com". Since the second one is impossible, the clear interpretation is that the browser will not allow you to style the Buy Button app.

Betterhookahpens

I'm glad this is available, I've been meaning to integrate a buy button into our multiple sales channels.

Previous 1