Caramel – social e‑commerce

Caramel – social e‑commerce

by IP Balchunas Aleksei Andreevich

Revolution in promotion of products in social media

The North Brand

I installed it like 5 months ago and I set my commission to 30%and so far NOTHING, No traffic No sales Nothing. its a great idea but you know what else is great? if it works. its either A) out soo early and it shouldn't be released until its at least working. or B)The maker of this app gave up on it. No one releases an app and it takes 6 months to work if it will work that is Odd. I'm sure I'm not the only one that this is not working for, matter of fact I bet no one got either traffic or sales from this since the app been out. I hope im wrong .

Smart Living Box

used this app for about 3 months,and Never got a sale

Do not know what these does?

Kind of disappoint

but still wanna to see what will happen

Attirely

At first I had decided to give 3 stars until some performance is seen. I set the commission percentage low at first, and planned to adjust that higher If it showed performance. However, after reading the pricing info page, there are too many contradictory statements that make me too uncomfortable to use this service.
I don't see anything about the $2500 max fee on the pricing page or terms & conditions page. You speak of a referral program fee of 5%. 5% of what??

You also state that your shop service fee is a "fixed" fee, which is currently 0%, yet you add a disclaimer that you reserve the right to change the payment terms.

Where I'm from a fixed fee cannot be changed. Deleting this app until Caramel's terms are more clear. Will keep checking reviews.

Ole Time Woodsman

I was intrigued with the referral concept so I downloaded the app and connected it to my Shopify Store. However, the thought of being hit with a $2500 re-occurring monthly fee kept me up at night so I disabled it. I will check back on the review page every so often to see what is taking place.

Petfectionist

Haven’t received any emails answering any of my questions I downloaded your app to my Shopify and now it has disappeared but a message in my inbox shows I have connected the app and set up everything correct I just want to delete my subscription but I don’t even know how to sign back in or cancel

Ethik-products

2nd update! So it was confirmed that I only have to pay for actual sales, and that's fine by me. Let's see how this will turn out in the future
Update: Thank you for your reply, what I meant was I don't want to be charged without having made sales!!! If I make enough sales, I would be more than happy to pay the agreed percentage. Added a star for prompt reply!

I liked the idea of this app but I was shocked when I had to confirm that I might be charged up to $2500 per month. I know they said you only pay when you sell but it did not specify that when I had to confirm these charges, so I did not dare to actually go through with the installation. :(

March 3, 2020

Thank you for your review! Your concerns are absolutely understandable.

However, it's not really possible to implement such a performance-based sales channel on Shopify without specifying this limit.

We're planning to make this limit configurable in the settings, but it will require some time for development.

Also, it is in our interests to be helpful to shop owners. If we mistakenly charge someone $2500 in a day, it will destroy the brand's reputation in a moment.

MOOSASILWADI Sci_fi DESIGN

I added CARAMEL to my store, it is seems to be cool, creative and interesting application to increase sales.
I just have one issue, What if a Product was returned by the customer and customers does not want the product any more! and /or customers exchange for lower price product.

How we as shop owners can make sure that ur influences they dont refer to us fake buyers who buy expensive products than they return it or exchange it for lower price product and keep the commission fees of the expensive products.

We know that each shop had its own returned / exchange / cancellation policy so How CARAMEL solves this when commission is already paid?!.

March 3, 2020

Thank you for your review!

Your concerns are understandable, but it's like any other ads or promotions, advertisers do not refund ads charges.

As for the fake buyers, you should know that any attempts of abusing the sales channel will be punished. Refunds are negotiable in these cases.

Angelluxx

Fast replies from customer service and a great idea. I am thoroughly surprised at how linear this app is.

March 3, 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Late Boomer Vintage

Easy to install and choose products - happy to get in on the ground floor and looking forward to future results and sales!

National Sleep Store

I am a fan of PPS advertising, if this does nothing and I pay nothing, I am okay, if I pay a commission for a sale, I am Happy! My only suggestion, if possible to have multiple commission rates for specific products. I have different margins to work with, so if I were able to offer higher or lower commission on different products, I could make more products available.
We will see how it goes.

February 29, 2020

Thank you for your positive feedback! Different rates for products is on our roadmap for sure.

Please, keep in mind that Caramel has just launched, and we are experiencing a large number of shops connecting to our platform so we're focusing on that currently.

The customer traffic should be coming soon. Stay tuned!

Previous 1