Carro: Influencer Marketing

Carro: Influencer Marketing

by VYRL

Discover influencers that are already your fans and customers.

Dña Bárbara Studio de Belleza Holística

The data policy is not clear. Acquire more information from your account, and also the app causes profiles to register on your website.

January 14, 2020

Hi there!

Thank you so much for bringing up your concerns.

I wanted to start off by noting that we recently made a big update to our privacy policy and terms of service. I invite you, and everyone reading this to explore those documents (they can be found under the “Support” section of our Shopify App Store page and in the footer of our website, GetCarro.com).
If you have any questions about data privacy/security, please do not hesitate to reach out via support@getcarro.com or to me personally, jason@getcarro.com.

Secondly, I want to make it explicitly clear that Carro does not “cause profiles to register” anywhere. We do not have a feature that supports this kind of functionality. If you have any questions or need clarity on anything related to this statement, your review, or your overall experience, I’d be happy to help.

We are a small, but growing team based out of California that is excited about the potential of our product, the strong (7500+) merchant-base we’ve acquired thus far, and the millions of partnerships that we’ve helped cultivate between influencers and brands. We hope that everyone reading this gets to be a part of the Carro network.

President of Carro

Anand44

The data policies are not clear, not sure if I can trust them with the customer data and other information they receive, like purchases etc

December 11, 2019

Hello!

Thank you for bringing this up. First off, I noticed that you are still using Carro, and so I wanted to thank you for continuing to be one of our users!

This review led to us having a few internal meetings about how we can be more transparent with our data policies. We concluded with a strong and robust update to our privacy policy and terms of service. I invite you, and everyone reading this to explore those documents (they can be found under the “Support” section of our Shopify App Store page and in the footer of our website, GetCarro.com).

We understand that the nature of our product requires a lot of data in order for our merchants to be successful, but I assure you that we need this data to surface the influencers, press, and media that are engaging with your brand. Our intention is to help you build a better business -- we take ethics, especially as it relates to data, very seriously.

President of Carro

Platanomelón

The app was working fine and helped you identify all the influencers interacting with your brand crossing data from Shopify, Instagram, Youtube and e-mail database.

However, on May 9th they changed the code and added an extra snippet to our site that was causing slower loading + thousands of 404 errors (one per each pageview). I reached them to complain and to ask for a solution/removal of that code (because if I manually delete it the app installs it back automatically) and they told me that my best solution would be to remove Carro.

So they published a buggy code (in beta testing) into my site, without letting me know in advance or asking for permission, and now they say is not possible to remove it because is a "major component" of the app. What? I used your app to discover influencers for weeks before having that "major component" buggy code installed without permission! It's not necessary and should be 100% optional to have it, since it's a feature not everybody will be using (Influencer Checkout).

May 29, 2019

UPDATE: We've released a new version of Carro that has solved this. Thanks! :)

Hello!

We are happy to hear that you've been enjoying our free way to discover influencers that love your brand :).

We are so sorry that your experience has been impacted during the past few weeks.

I would like to work with you directly to fix this issue so that our snippet does not install automatically on your store anymore, and so that you can continue to use Carro the way you want.

We take reviews/feedback from our merchants very seriously, and this is our first review that is less than 5 stars.

I would like to set up a time to talk with you so that we can get this issue behind us. I know that you are based in Europe (we are in California), so I am happy to come in early/stay late in our office so that we can connect directly.

I will reach out via email to coordinate.

President and Creator of Carro