Shopify Chat

Shopify Chat

by Shopify

Chat live with store visitors. Turn visitors into customers.

YeniOyuncaklar.com

Perfect! Must need the edit language, and nice to have auto message which can be edit by user. Good working, waiting for updates.

Ruthie's Rack

I tried to install this app and then discovered it was only for ios and required an Apple app even on my side. Really sad to not be able to use this Shopify product for my business. I was quite excited when I first saw it was available.

Hello Ruthie's Rack,
Thank you for your feedback, and we understand your frustration that Shopify Chat requires Ping, which is only for iOS at the moment. We are thinking about the best way to deliver this feature to all merchants!

UNIQ Uniformes

This chat ONLY work for apple users if you have costumers using android or windows then this app is not for you.

Hello UNIQ Uniformes,
Thank you for your feedback, and I'm sorry that you are frustrated about some limitations of Shopify Chat. To be clear - customers visiting your store on ANY browser or device will be able to see and use Shopify Chat.

If you have both Shopify Chat and Apple Business Chat turned on for your store, then visitors using Safari or an Apple device would see the Apple Business Chat option, and all other visitors would see Shopify Chat.

I will reach out to you directly to follow up.

All the Best,

Spinnywhoosh Graphics

Going to have to agree with the other reviews. Looks like a great free app to add directly from shopify but it's absolutely worthless to me without android or desktop support to answer messages.

Hello Spinnywhoosh Graphics,
Thanks for your feedback, and we completely understand your frustration that Shopify Chat requires Ping, which is only for iOS at the moment. The team is actively thinking about the best way to deliver this feature to all merchants.

Catholic Productions

The biggest thing that would help would be the ability to use it on a desktop as well. Interacting with a customer via typing on a phone, copy and pasting pages on a phone, etc. is far less cumbersome when in front of the computer, and so on. So, when at the desk, I'd prefer to use the computer and only when I have to, use the phone. Would make interaction/responses quicker, clearer and faster, and thus making the customer service better, if the goal of this app is to be service oriented.

Additionally, being able to adjust the location of the message icon on the site would be helpful in light of other apps that use the same floating concept. Maybe offering bottom left, bottom right, mid-right, mid-left, top-right, and top-left as options would be and helpful.

As someone else mentioned, a "ding" or audial alert seems to be of fundamental importance with an app such as this and it appears to be missing.

Good idea, but implementation needs to be a bit more nuanced with, at minimum, the updates mentioned above before we could reasonably consider using it.

Hello Catholic Productions,
Thank you for your feedback, and we understand your frustration at some of the limitations of Shopify Chat.

These are all great suggestions, many of which are already on our list of features and improvements.

We appreciate the feedback and hope to address some of your concerns soon.

Best Maps Ever

If you aren't always ready to respond in seconds, this will only be a source of frustration on both ends. Customer doesn't know if you're typing a response, but more importantly you can't reach them if they close the page.

I also tested on a separate iPhone, as if I were a customer. I initiated a chat, which took up 95% of my viewport. Then I minimized it so I could continue browsing. The shop owner (me on another iPhone) replied, but there was no way for me to know that unless I manually expanded the chat bubble again. According to Shopify, "Customers using Safari on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac will see Apple Business Chat. All others will see Shopify Chat." ...I've had an iPhone since they were first released in 2007 and I have no idea what 'Apple Business Chat' is--but regardless nothing special happened. The chat looked exactly the same as it did on my PC.

The option to capture an email could save this app for me. I don't have a customer service team always ready to respond in an instant. I'm a guy with a life and it might take me a few minutes.

Doc Hotties

Not having desktop or android accessibility really limits the usefulness of this app. Let us know when it's available to a wider audience.

Hello Doc Hotties,

Lancaster Cast Iron

Works great and I'm so happy this exists now. It would be great if the customer got a red notification on the chat button showing they got a response from us if they closed the chat window

WHAP Galleries

Good app, works very well. I would like to see the ability to capture a customers Name/Email/Question like all the other major live chat applications.

I am happy this integrates with Apple Business Chat. Although I will not be enabling this until there is further developments with Apple Business Chat.

Thanks for creating an App Shopify, please just bulk it out with some more customisations. Welcome messages when opening the live chat would also be great.

IloinenKirsu

Works well, however being tied to Ping and no translation strings available, this is still in beta. Let's wait few months.

Previous 1